X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami Season Thread

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Well again this weekend we have the top two goaltenders in GAA matching up this weekend in Cody Reichard and Mike Johnson. So another top notch goaltender comes to oxford....again
    After this weekend, not counting Reich, we'll have faced 7 of the top 9 goalies in the country

No wonder we have so many ties...

Comment

Well the World Junior Invitees have been listed and neither Chris Wideman nor Connor Knapp got invited. Not surprised about Knapp, but thought Wideman would atleast make the top 28 especially with Leddy out due to injury.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        After this weekend, not counting Reich, we'll have faced 7 of the top 9 goalies in the country

No wonder we have so many ties...
        Well that and the fact that when we have played a so called "weaker" opponent like western. Their goaltender stands on his head and makes 45 saves...
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Well that and the fact that when we have played a so called "weaker" opponent like western. Their goaltender stands on his head and makes 45 saves...
          45 saves...bah! It was actually more like 55!
          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
            45 saves...bah! It was actually more like 55!
            Once you get past 40 its all the same lol, he stood on his head

I love how on the INCH podcast they talk about how Den and UND are better than Miami and their logic is because of all of Miami's ties. They said that if you want to be an elite team you need to beat the Ferris's and Western's no matter where you play them. Hmmm thats interesting, if that is your logic then shouldn't Den and UND beat the Alaska Anchorages and St. Cloud's of the world no matter what? huh thats right both lost to each and Miami didn't lose to either Ferris or Western.

lol wonderful logic there boys....

Comment

We beat Denver just a few months ago with virtually the same teams. Denver also lost to Ohio State (who beat Bemidji) and we didn't lose to North Dakota. I guess we get no credit for sweeping Michigan in their building. It's all a joke because, as you know, you can't evaluate it like that - because on the other hand DU swept UND and OSU got destroyed by Ferris.

We have two losses on the season. Hopefully people will continue to doubt. It doesn't make sense, but if the team can use it for motivation, that's fine with me.

Beat the Irish like Charlie Weis is behind the bench!
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

We beat Denver just a few months ago with virtually the same teams. Denver also lost to Ohio State (who beat Bemidji) and we didn't lose to North Dakota. I guess we get no credit for sweeping Michigan in their building. It's all a joke because, as you know, you can't evaluate it like that - because on the other hand DU swept UND and OSU got destroyed by Ferris.

We have two losses on the season. Hopefully people will continue to doubt. It doesn't make sense, but if the team can use it for motivation, that's fine with me.

Beat the Irish like Charlie Weis is behind the bench!
                Yea, it really doesn't matter what INCH's poll is. But the logic they used is what burned me...

Comment

We beat Denver just a few months ago with virtually the same teams.
                  True, thats pretty ridiculous that hacks would think that then, we beat Denver pretty handily in WCHA country last year and both are pretty much the same teams.

Comment

Recruiting update, from least to most impressive.

Murphy, Cody (F)Tri City Storm(USHL)
                    if he isn't a producer wishes he was more of an enforcer...

16 games played. 2 goals. 15 PIM. -4.

Wideman, Alex (F) - Indiana/USHL
                    18 games. 3-1--4. -8. 8 PIM. 1 PPG. 1 PPA.

Cook, Max (F) - Indianapolis Ice (USHL)
                    2nd highest +/- of the Ice forwards.

16 games played. 5-8--13. +8. 8 PIM. 1 PPA. 1 SHG.

Berschbach, Shane (F) -Indiana/USHL
                    3rd on the Ice in points, 2nd in Goals, 1st in points per game.

14 games played. 6-8--14. -1. 2 PIM. 2 PPG. 6 PPA. 1 GWG.
                    5-3--8 in 5 games at the World Junior A Challenge

Mullin, Jimmy (RW) -- Shattuck St.Mary's
                    they've only played 2 games since the last update, so not much new...

22 games played. 14-12--26. 12 PIM.

So either in that last post I switched his goals/assists, or their excel was backwards.

Gacek, Alex (F) Monarchs (EJHL)
                    no shocker, still leads his team in goals, assists, and obviously points.

21 games played. 21-21--42. 6 PIM. 8 PPG. 9 PPA. 1 SHG. 3 GWG.

That puts him second in the league in points, 1st in goals, 1st in points/game.

Comment

Only one thing to say after that game.

We have to be thankful that Reich didn't get seriously injured, that goonery was ridiculous. Especially the late cheap shot from Kyle "USNDTP Reject" Palmieri

Comment

Only one thing to say after that game.

We have to be thankful that Reich didn't get seriously injured, that goonery was ridiculous. Especially the late cheap shot from Kyle "USNDTP Reject" Palmieri
                        Um... are you really a "reject" when you get dismissed from the USNDTP? I can understand if you know...you just couldn't cut it, but...

just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                          Um... are you really a "reject" when you get dismissed from the USNDTP? I can understand if you know...you just couldn't cut it, but...

just saying...
                          yes, he is.

Comment

That was the absolute worst officiated game i have ever seen. I am calling out Miami's players for taking stupid penalties and not keeping their cool. But i'm also Notre Dame's players for diving into the goalie at least 4 times. That is unacceptable behavior. The officiating in this game was abysmal! I was away from my computer for Wingels checking from behind penalty so i can't speak to the validity. However, i cannot understand how the boarding on Tomassoni by I cant remember who was not a game misconduct. I can understand steffes getting a minor for standing up for his guy. but how, in the name of all that is holy, can you give a 10 minute major to Tomassoni?! are friggin kidding me?!?!

furthermore, when you run into a goalie, its bad but acceptable. Things happen. But you do it 4 times, and there needs to be disciplinary action taken. the officiating should have been enacted early in the game to squash the chippiness from the get go.
                            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Man, the way things are going on in gopher land you better bring your coach up to your 40-man roster to protect him!
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Recruiting update, from least to most impressive.

Murphy, Cody (F)Tri City Storm(USHL)
                                if he isn't a producer wishes he was more of an enforcer...

16 games played. 2 goals. 15 PIM. -4.

Wideman, Alex (F) - Indiana/USHL
                                18 games. 3-1--4. -8. 8 PIM. 1 PPG. 1 PPA.

Cook, Max (F) - Indianapolis Ice (USHL)
                                2nd highest +/- of the Ice forwards.

16 games played. 5-8--13. +8. 8 PIM. 1 PPA. 1 SHG.

Berschbach, Shane (F) -Indiana/USHL
                                3rd on the Ice in points, 2nd in Goals, 1st in points per game.

14 games played. 6-8--14. -1. 2 PIM. 2 PPG. 6 PPA. 1 GWG.
                                5-3--8 in 5 games at the World Junior A Challenge

Mullin, Jimmy (RW) -- Shattuck St.Mary's
                                they've only played 2 games since the last update, so not much new...

22 games played. 14-12--26. 12 PIM.

So either in that last post I switched his goals/assists, or their excel was backwards.

Gacek, Alex (F) Monarchs (EJHL)
                                no shocker, still leads his team in goals, assists, and obviously points.

21 games played. 21-21--42. 6 PIM. 8 PPG. 9 PPA. 1 SHG. 3 GWG.

That puts him second in the league in points, 1st in goals, 1st in points/game.
                                Personally I would like Wideman to stay in Juniors another year. He is young and IMO needs a little more seasoning. Now his brother didn't have a stellar junior season and came in and has been nothing but impressive but I think with the depth on offense we have he would be better suited with another year in indy.

Comment

Working...
                                X