PDA

View Full Version : UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Goon
01-03-2010, 12:12 PM
The facts are that in five years of coaching at UND, Hakstol has never yanked a player's scholarship and suspended him indefinitely. And not only did Hakstol do that, but he also brought in another freshman forward early to replace Frattin on the roster.

But rather than staying gone, he met the conditions Hakstol set for his return, re-enrolled at UND and returned to face up to his responsibilities and be held accountable for his actions.

PCM, I think we will never be able to change the UND/Hakstol haters minds who think some how this was a ruse and that Coach Hakstol runs a questionable program. I wouldn't waste anymore of your breath. The people that follow the program know that Hakstol does a lot of things behind the scenes that he doesn't speak about in the media. I am waiting for the Skippie's to say that this was an act of desperation next.

omahasioux1
01-03-2010, 12:19 PM
On a lighter note, is the Notre Dame game on tv or a webcast available?

brianvf
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
On a lighter note, is the Notre Dame game on tv or a webcast available?

No and no from the sounds of it.

omahasioux1
01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
No and no from the sounds of it.What kind of crap tournament is this?

Goon
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
What kind of crap tournament is this?

Yeah no doubt, no Televsion.

dxmnkd316
01-03-2010, 06:18 PM
As my noble hero Sen. Al Franken would say, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. :p ;)

You can have him.

PCM
01-03-2010, 10:50 PM
You can have him.
Please adjust your sarcasm meter. ;)

brianvf
01-04-2010, 12:58 AM
UND is still undefeated in non-conference play.
I'll take it. ;)

Too bad Fratts hit the crossbar on his shootout attempt. That would have been a good welcome-back. :)

Go Sioux, beat the Mavs!

Goon
01-04-2010, 02:50 AM
You can have him.

Thank God I live in ND, you people in Minnesota can have him. Frankin is a clown.

The Sicatoka
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
When you talk with the DU coaches, they will tell you that they pass on recruiting some very good hockey players all the time if they don't meet certain character requirements.

I read those words and the name "Geoff Paukovich" and phrase "gross sexual imposition charges, with a minor, while in the USHL" come to mind.

" ... certain character requirements" indeed.

Swami, you did get one thing correct in your post: It's coming. It's not if, but when.

ecbrevik
01-05-2010, 01:09 AM
UND is still undefeated in non-conference play.
I'll take it. ;)
That is true, and isn't a bad thing at all. Still, when you think about giving up third period leads against MSU and ND....

brianvf
01-05-2010, 09:36 AM
That is true, and isn't a bad thing at all. Still, when you think about giving up third period leads against MSU and ND....

No doubt. Those two ties in NC play could have easily been wins.
Although we haven't played Michigan State. :p
I think you meant Miami. ;)

SJHovey
01-05-2010, 09:39 AM
What's Hextall's status? The radio guys said he left with what looked to be a leg or knee injury late in the ND game, and didn't return for OT or the shootout. We certainly don't need anymore injuries this year.

brianvf
01-05-2010, 09:52 AM
What's Hextall's status? The radio guys said he left with what looked to be a leg or knee injury late in the ND game, and didn't return for OT or the shootout. We certainly don't need anymore injuries this year.

He kind of hit into the boards hard behind Eidsness in the 3rd, I didn't notice him play in the OT (but I wasn't looking for him)...he didn't shoot during the shootout, but I did notice him after the game skating off the ice with the rest of the team. They didn't have tunnels at the Sears Center, so he would have had to been on the bench until the rest of the team left the ice.

Hopefully he's ok. You'd think if Hextall was injured too that Schlossman might have mentioned something during the recap. No more injuries. :(

EDIT: He also skated up to accept his trophy for being on the all-tourney team. Not that it means much...

SJHovey
01-05-2010, 10:30 AM
He kind of hit into the boards hard behind Eidsness in the 3rd, I didn't notice him play in the OT (but I wasn't looking for him)...he didn't shoot during the shootout, but I did notice him after the game skating off the ice with the rest of the team. They didn't have tunnels at the Sears Center, so he would have had to been on the bench until the rest of the team left the ice.

Hopefully he's ok. You'd think if Hextall was injured too that Schlossman might have mentioned something during the recap. No more injuries. :(

EDIT: He also skated up to accept his trophy for being on the all-tourney team. Not that it means much...

That's what puzzled me, that Brad had nothing. Tim and Tim both commented that Hextall's injury came as he tried a one-timer late in the game. Apparently he had to twist himself somewhat ackwardly to try to one-time it. They thought he caught an edge or something, and that he really struggled to get back to the bench.

brianvf
01-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Recruit Update:

Danny Mattson, Omaha (USHL) - 28gp, 5g, 6a, 11pts
Derek Rodwell, Okotoks (AJHL) - 35gp, 11g, 18a, 29pts
Nick Mattson, Indiana (USHL) - 21gp, 3g, 4a, 7pts
Derek Forbort, NTDP U18 - 12gp, 2g, 3a, 5pts
Mike Fink, Des Moines (USHL) - 28gp, 2g, 12a, 14pts
Colten St. Clair, Fargo (USHL) - 25gp, 8g, 9a, 17pts
Michael Parks, Cedar Rapids (USHL) - 25gp, 6g, 7a, 13pts
Brendan O'Donnell, Winnipeg S Blues (MJHL) - 36gp, 17g, 18a, 35pts
Brock Nelson, Warroad (MNHS) - 10gp, 15g, 13a, 28pts
Zane Gothberg, TRF (MNHS) - 11gp, 8 win/3 loss, 1 SO, 2.21 GAA, .883 save %

Big weeks:
St. Clair - 3gp - 2g, 3a for 5pts
O'Donnell - 3gp - 3g, 4a for 7pts
Nelson - 2gp - 3g, 3a for 6pts

SJHovey
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
What's the word on Kristo for this weekend? Will Hak and the boys stick him back in the lineup, or are they going to give him the weekend off?

Goon
01-05-2010, 03:17 PM
What's the word on Kristo for this weekend? Will Hak and the boys stick him back in the lineup, or are they going to give him the weekend off?

Why would you give him the weekend off? He is a young kid I am pretty sure will be able to play. The NHL right now is playing compressed schedules so I can't see a 18 or 19 year old kid sitting out an important weekend when the Sioux desperately need points. I would be willing to be that Kristo is one of the top three lines playing a full game/shift and running the power play from the point. I can't wait to see him in the line up. Also, Zajac said in the pre-game that there is a good chance he might be back this weekend as well. If that happens it would be really good news.

brianvf
01-05-2010, 03:20 PM

In the past with the WJC, they have given the players a day or two off from practice at UND and then put them back in the lineup for the next series.
I agree with Goon, he'll be back playing this weekend against Mankato.
Kristo will probably be back in ND by Wed, so that gives him a couple days for his legs to recover.

Goon
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
In the past with the WJC, they have given the players a day or two off from practice at UND and then put them back in the lineup for the next series.
I agree with Goon, he'll be back playing this weekend against Mankato.
Kristo will probably be back in ND by Wed, so that gives him a couple days for his legs to recover.

I actually think to keep Kristo out of the line up you would probably have to sit a 300 pound gorilla on his chest or duct tape him to a bench in the locker room because I would imagine the minute his game is over tonight he will be chomping at the bit to get after it with the Fighting Sioux.