Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

I mean for me personally, I don't get the whole not allowing kicked in goals. I've always thought that skate deflections should be legit but I'm sure there's a good reason I'm not seeing.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Isn't the letter of the law whether he intended to kick it in? Not like the moron ref would get it right anyways.
      Maybe the ref would have disallowed it because he "intended" to blow the whistle?
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        I wanted to see this, since my angle at the game sucked. Pretty obvious that it was kicked in. He did swipe at it with his stick, but.....
        That was a kick. Really obvious from the overhead view...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Article on Malone from the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_13843054
          "Obviously, you want to contribute more," Malone said after Friday's game. "My game isn't about scoring, though, it's about other little things. I'm not happy with it all, but at the same time, I can't press. It's a long season. I have to work on little things, and hopefully I'll find the back of the net soon."
          He also indicated he won't consider signing until after his senior season, and the Avalanche seems willing to watch him that long before trying to sign him — if it decides to do so.

"I haven't really talked to anyone," Malone said of signing. "It would have to be a really special situation. I love North Dakota way too much. This is a great group of guys. Unless something really crazy happens, I'll be here my whole four years."
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Hmm.

There was a rumor posted on Facebook (by someone close to the UND team) and on Brad's blog about the refs in the DU/UND series being suspended for their reffing performance.
            Brad said in the comments section that he called McLeod and asked him about it, and that Bruce denied that they had been suspended.
            Not sure what's going on...if it was just a silly rumor, or if McLeod just didn't want to comment on it (yet), but interesting nonetheless.

We'll see what happens with that, but I would guess it is just a rumor started by a still seething Sioux fan.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Was it you, Brian?
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                Was it you, Brian?
                No, the Facebook comment was from someone close to the UND coaching staff/players.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

It was me. Brett told me last night at the Ideal Inn.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    It was me. Brett told me last night at the Ideal Inn.
                    Yeah, that's the pay by the hour place...
                    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                      Tough to drop 4 points this weekend, but solid play by the team. We know we can play with the league elites, now to see if we can beat an elite team next week!
                      Friday's game was some great college hockey. Most people see a 1-0 score and think boring defensive battle, but that was one exciting game with great goaltending on both ends.

I agree that we can play with the best teams, so that should give them confidence for this weekend and a chance to knock off a #1 team at home.
                      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Nice article on the Lamoureux family in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...a-hockey_N.htm

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The weekly Wed update on the Sioux blog had no new update on Genoway. He is still out indefinitely.

Doesn't sound like he will be in the lineup anytime soon. Could be like Finley's concussion last year. The timing is horrible, with huge games against DU, OSU/Miami, UMD, and UW all either missed or coming up soon.

Speedy recovery, Chay.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            The weekly Wed update on the Sioux blog had no new update on Genoway. He is still out indefinitely.

Doesn't sound like he will be in the lineup anytime soon. Could be like Finley's concussion last year. The timing is horrible, with huge games against DU, OSU/Miami, UMD, and UW all either missed or coming up soon.

Speedy recovery, Chay.
                            Maybe the Sioux could use this as a rallying cry. You're right not good. I am also still upset with this.
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

A couple of thoughts on tonite's game. It was good to see a power play goal, but Genoway's absence shows. And what is Kristo doing on the 4th line? He gets better every game. Hak needs to find him more ice time.
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                A couple of thoughts on tonite's game. It was good to see a power play goal, but Genoway's absence shows. And what is Kristo doing on the 4th line? He gets better every game. Hak needs to find him more ice time.
                                Kristo's been playing well, but there's a reason why he's on the 4th line. Out of curiosity where do you think he should be playing and who's spot is he taking? He wasn't producing on the top line with Gregoire and Vandy and he was getting frustrated.He's been a lot more consistent since he got put on that line with Knight and Cichy, and that line has been very good. Keep them together.

Comment

Working...
                                X