PDA

View Full Version : UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

SiouxAviator
11-28-2009, 03:19 AM
If Kristo plays as advertised when he came into the program, he should have no problems working his way onto first line. If Kristo continues to be inconsistent, he'll stay where he's at. That being said, he seems like he's starting to get used to the college game and seems to be coming out just a little bit better each weekend.

Siouxfaninseattle
11-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Kristo's been playing well, but there's a reason why he's on the 4th line. Out of curiosity where do you think he should be playing and who's spot is he taking? He wasn't producing on the top line with Gregoire and Vandy and he was getting frustrated.He's been a lot more consistent since he got put on that line with Knight and Cichy, and that line has been very good. Keep them together.

If Kristo plays as advertised when he came into the program, he should have no problems working his way onto first line. If Kristo continues to be inconsistent, he'll stay where he's at. That being said, he seems like he's starting to get used to the college game and seems to be coming out just a little bit better each weekend.

Good question and good point. I wouldn't mind giving him another shot on the first line and putting Hextall on the fourth line. Hextall keeps hurting the team with penalties. But as long as Kristo keeps improving he'll earn the playing time.

Fighting Sioux 23
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
He's been a lot more consistent since he got put on that line with Knight and Cichy, and that line has been very good. Keep them together.

Agreed. Our 4th line has been playing well the last few games. Their overall talent level usually presents a huge mismatch against almost any other 4th line in the country.

It's still early in the season, but if that line develops into what was anticipated prior to the season, they could be very dangerous come March/April.

brianvf
12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Kristo was named WCHA ROTW:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=65274

He's now tied for the team lead in points with Trupper and VV.

ecbrevik
12-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Kristo was named WCHA ROTW:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=65274

He's now tied for the team lead in points with Trupper and VV.
Great. If only we can keep some of this young talent for 3-4 years! (I know, wishful thinking)

brianvf
12-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Kristo is on the preliminary roster for the WJC team...I would expect him to be on the final roster again this year.

So he'll miss the Notre Dame tourney over New Year's. Hopefully Genoway is back by then, otherwise our PP will suffer. It seems Genoway and Kristo are our main two producers with the man advantage.

Sloe Gin
12-02-2009, 12:47 PM
also, having a potent 4th line gives the Sioux something very few teams in college hockey can afford, which is 4 balanced lines. With 4 dangerous lines, the Sioux are a deep, deep team.

jdr1
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Anyone hear any more new news on chay??? Or is it the same thing of out indef..

brianvf
12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Anyone hear any more new news on chay??? Or is it the same thing of out indef..

Probably.
We'll more than likely get another update today after the Wed practice, but it will probably be more of the same.

brianvf
12-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Probably.
We'll more than likely get another update today after the Wed practice, but it will probably be more of the same.

Yep, more of the same.

No, there is no new news on defenseman Chay Genoway. It could be a while before he's back in the lineup.

Ouch. :(

Stupid Marvin. Keep your elbows down, buddy. :mad:

lord k
12-02-2009, 11:37 PM
There is no way Kristo wont be on the WJ team. He is the top american player in his age group.

If Genoway isn't back by then UND may have to go to a more "cave-manish" type power play. As in crash the net and try to get a rebound. Which could be effective they have the bodies to do it.

Kristo is one of the most dynamic forwards on the team and his scoring touch will be missed even if Genoway is back.

brianvf
12-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Kristo is one of the most dynamic forwards on the team and his scoring touch will be missed even if Genoway is back.

Agreed. Having them both out would be a big obstacle to overcome for the team.

I'm just hoping that Kristo will be in a Sioux uni for more than one season. I can't see him jumping after one...but you never know these days.

sfo19
12-03-2009, 01:58 AM

I'm just hoping that Kristo will be in a Sioux uni for more than one season. I can't see him jumping after one...but you never know these days.

He'll be here one more season at the least. I'd bet money on it. Unless he's that looking forward to playing in the AHL...

lord k
12-03-2009, 10:32 AM

I hope he stays for at least his sophmore season. These days you never know though. He has the speed. I have only been to 1 game this year live and i was suprised at his size. On TV he seems small because he is so quick. Live he looked much bigger. Blood too. I mean you know he is a big guy but when you see him live at the rink he is a friggin monster.

ecbrevik
12-03-2009, 06:47 PM

Yeah. Getting guys like that to stay 2-3 years is really nice.

Roben
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/142911/

one thing I liked in this article is trying to create a new tradition in having the whole arena stand (for those that can) until the first whistle after the puck drop. I like that. I might have to take part in that come Mankato series when I'm up there. If it's not established yet, whatever, I won't be in front of anyone, ha ha.

What does everyone else think of the possible new tradition?

SJHovey
12-04-2009, 10:39 AM

one thing I liked in this article is trying to create a new tradition in having the whole arena stand (for those that can) until the first whistle after the puck drop. I like that. I might have to take part in that come Mankato series when I'm up there. If it's not established yet, whatever, I won't be in front of anyone, ha ha.

That's fine. I'm all in favor of trying to enhance the arena atmosphere, in a positive but enthusiastic way. UND BB fans used to do the same thing. Maybe they still do. It's been years since I've been to one of their games.

If I were the U, I would work with the cheer squad and the band. We have a great band, and working with the cheer squad, they can really be the leaders of new "traditions" or cheers.

There are a million four syllable cheers that don't involve the "F" word. A little cleverness, like the "just like last year" cheer thrown at the gophers in October is an example.

Dirty
12-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I like how in this week's BMT, Pony shows how to do all these pranks but says he won't say who's room they are in because he doesn't want them to know it was him. They probably shouldn't have filmed the room number when they walked in in that case.:p

jdr1
12-04-2009, 10:58 PM
nice win tonight SIOUX!!!! I knew when the SIOUX scored their first goal they would win the game!!! I mean come on its was ZAJAK!!!! and the SIOUX always win when he scores a goal!!!:D

gordwiser
12-04-2009, 11:05 PM

Student section used to do this all the time in the old Ralph. Atmosphere was hellabetter in that place if you ask me.