PDA

View Full Version : UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

cross cheque
11-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Merimack looks stronger while the rest of the hockey east looks weaker

WOW Merrimack, WOW. Is HE really that bad?!

lord k
11-15-2009, 09:52 PM
When UND played the gophers Ness was interviewed between periods and the look on his face was priceless. It was like he knew that he made a mistake commiting to the Gophers and wished he would have came to UND.

If he were to transfer he would have a hard time cracking the lineup. Next year UND is bringing in a couple of blue chip D-men. He would have to sit out 1 year but the rest of our current D-men are young and would still be around.(except for Genoway).

icehawk
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Genoway suffered a concussion and a bruised sternum from friday nights cheap shot.My source says he is still woozy from it and it's hard to say when he will return.Pray for the best Sioux fans.

brianvf
11-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Genoway suffered a concussion and a bruised sternum from friday nights cheap shot.My source says he is still woozy from it and it's hard to say when he will return.Pray for the best Sioux fans.

Hopefully this injury doesn't turn into a situation like last year with Finley where he was out for half the season with his concussion. :(

Darn you Marvin. :mad:

dxmnkd316
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
So I have a question for you Sioux fans, and this is strictly hypothetical of course... Say you're rooting for a team that starts off 4-5-1 in conference play. Again, strictly hypothetical. How do you keep your fellow fans from jumping off the cliff? I seem to recall a certain WCHA team do that last year and it ended up pretty well if I remember correctly.

MinnesotaNorthStar
11-15-2009, 10:49 PM
So I have a question for you Sioux fans, and this is strictly hypothetical of course... Say you're rooting for a team that starts off 4-5-1 in conference play. Again, strictly hypothetical. How do you keep your fellow fans from jumping off the cliff? I seem to recall a certain WCHA team do that last year and it ended up pretty well if I remember correctly.Let them jump...

dxmnkd316
11-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Let them jump...

Normally I would, but it's getting to the point that you can't have a decent conversation.

Dirty
11-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Normally I would, but it's getting to the point that you can't have a decent conversation.

So GPL = SS. Awesome. Isn't it fun?

dxmnkd316
11-15-2009, 11:06 PM
So GPL = SS. Awesome. Isn't it fun?

Yeah... I promise to never laugh at an imploding forum again... :(

brianvf
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
What a horrible time for Genoway to go down with his injury (not that there would be a good time, of course). With the level of opponents coming up, we really need him to have a speedy recovery...

Dirty Bottles
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Hopefully this injury doesn't turn into a situation like last year with Finley where he was out for half the season with his concussion. :(

Not good. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

ecbrevik
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM

And what (if anything) is being done about Marvin? :mad:

brianvf
11-16-2009, 12:17 PM

One game suspension (imposed by the league if I'm not mistaken).
He already served that on Saturday.
I would doubt he'll get any more than that.

MinnesotaNorthStar
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
And what (if anything) is being done about Marvin? :mad:St. Cloud's throwing him a parade....

dxmnkd316
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
What's Genoway's prognosis? Any word on how bad the concussion is? :(

Goon
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM

The only reason the league did anything was that Greg Shepherd was in attendance. If he hadn't been there I would doubt anything would have happened. If this had been the NHL he would be sitting out for the next series as well and he would have been clobbered for his efforts.

Goon
11-16-2009, 12:28 PM
What's Genoway's prognosis? Any word on how bad the concussion is? :(

I heard that it was a bruised sternum and possible concussion.

Sloe Gin
11-16-2009, 12:34 PM

don't talk to these people. Find the fans that are loyal and believe. They are out there. Brent is one of them. :)

dxmnkd316
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
I heard that it was a bruised sternum and possible concussion.

Ugh... I used to play goalie in soccer and I have definitely suffered a bruise or two there after getting kicked point blank. It sucks, a lot.

The concussion is obviously the more serious of the two. Hopefully he's back on the ice sooner than later.

Siouxfaninseattle
11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Here's some random thoughts from Brad Schlossman:

A few notes that didnt' make it into the game story:

•UND probably missed a chance to achieve the No. 1 ranking (for whatever that's worth). No. 1 Miami had a pair of ties this weekend.
•About Brett Hextall's disallowed goal, coach Dave Hakstol didn't want to say much other than he'd like to see consistency from night to night. If you read between the lines, he has to be talking about Ryan Lasch's goal from Friday night. Lasch scored on the exact same type of play as Hextall, but the refs wanted to blow dead the chance for Hextall and not Lasch's.
•UND hasn't had more shots on goal than Saturday night (49 shots) in four seasons. But Dan Dunn ate up those shots and didn't leave many rebounds. WCHA defensive player of the week, I'm sure.
•Darcy Zajac on Dunn's performance: "We threw everything at him that we could and he kept them in it."
•Everyone from UND who I interviewed after the game said they thought the Sioux played better tonight than they did on Friday. "No question about it," Hakstol said.
•Hakstol said he was pleased with the play of Corey Fienhage, who saw his first action. Hakstol said: "I think it's evident he's practiced extremely hard over the last few weeks. This was not a slow hockey game tonight. He had to jump at probably the highest pace of the season so far and I thought he did a good, solid job."
•Danny Kristo had a game-high eight shots on goal.
•The crowd tonight was begging for any excuse to get into the game. They gave good penalty kills standing ovations. Same with a couple of very good cycles in the first period.
•UND's power play obviously missed Chay Genoway tonight. They'll have to find ways to score goals as Genoway recovers from his apparent upper-body injury. Hakstol said he has no idea how long Chay is going to be out.
•St. Cloud State coach Bob Motzko said this might be the most physical game the Huskies have to play in this season. He said: "They are built a little different than we are and they were physical tonight. That's as tough a physical game I can imagine that we'll play in. And our guys withstood it."