PDA

View Full Version : UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Roben
10-28-2009, 05:47 AM
I caught most of the 2nd game live online, and thought Christianson was certainly the reason for the Seawolves winning. UND had some good chances, but didn't really seem to pick up the momentum until their last flurry of PPs, which resulted in Zajac's goal. Another thing, what's the deal with the last Brad Miller time episode? I thought it was pretty funny, but I have the feeling a couple of people were probably in an outrage about hazing or something, probably the same people who have been giving the University s**t about the nickname!:rolleyes:

Both goalies from AA were what kept their team in it, even though Friday they were out of it at the end of the 1st. Both played well. It'll definitely be interesting to see how they do at the Gophers this weekend.

Sloe Gin
10-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Both goalies from AA were what kept their team in it, even though Friday they were out of it at the end of the 1st. Both played well. It'll definitely be interesting to see how they do at the Gophers this weekend.

the Seawolves will sweep. :D

brianvf
10-28-2009, 09:50 AM
So Eidsness in goal on Saturday then if a split was to happen? ;) :p

I think the series against Bye this weekend is a Sat/Sun series, but USCHO hasn't updated their schedule yet, so I'm not positive.

Goon
10-28-2009, 09:54 AM
the Seawolves will sweep. :D

Imagine if that happens. Holy Cow!

ScoobyDoo
10-28-2009, 10:50 AM

That would pretty much do it right there.

Sloe Gin
10-28-2009, 03:08 PM
That would pretty much do it right there.

what? Cause you all to stab yourselves? :p

Roben
10-28-2009, 04:27 PM

it'll start raining gophers if that happens, and I'll be laughing my butt off. and count the responses to the Fire Don Lucia topic and see how quick people are to jump on the topic.

brianvf
10-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Wed update from the Sioux blog:

For the first time this season, injuries were brought up during the weekly Wednesday meeting with local media (although with the week off, the crowd was sparse).

Sioux coach Dave Hakstol said that a few players will benefit greatly from the week off. He said there are three guys who probably wouldn't play this weekend if UND had games, without expanding who the players are. Nobody has missed a game with an injury yet.

Brett Hextall said that the team suffered from a lack of maturity on Saturday night. Hextall said it had nothing to do with how young the team is and everything to do with the way they played. He thought it was some immature hockey and he hopes the Sioux can get that out of their system during the week off.

Hextall also showed up to the press conference wearing salmon pants. He apparently has a whole series of strangely colored pants (yellow included). When asked whether he gets weird looks on campus, he said, "That depends on if I wear my boots."

Mario Lamoureux said Hextall wears a lot of "questionable" clothing around campus. Said that he can pull it off because he's from California, though.

Players debated a little bit about which road trip they dislike more: the long flight to Anchorage or the long bus ride to Houghton (which is coming up next). Lamoureux said he prefers the bus ride, because they at least get back early Sunday morning.

The freshmen are usually in charge of picking out movies for the bus ride, but Lamoureux said that this group of "freshies" have weird tastes and he doesn't know whether they can be trusted yet. He also said that Hextall and Chay Genoway are a big fan of the romantic comedies.

A part of the Houghton bus ride Lamoureux is looking forward to: As a sophomore he'll get his own seat. He said he spent 10 hours next to Brad Eidsness last year. "He actually didn't talk my ear off, but I'll still enjoy my own seat."

Speaking of Lamoureux, UND SID Jayson Hajdu had the quote of the week regarding the sophomore forward. Hakstol repeated it at the press conference: "He practices and plays like he hasn't made the team yet."

ecbrevik
10-28-2009, 09:03 PM

Speaking of Lamoureux, UND SID Jayson Hajdu had the quote of the week regarding the sophomore forward. Hakstol repeated it at the press conference: "He practices and plays like he hasn't made the team yet."
You've gotta like that! :)

MinnesotaNorthStar
10-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Are we sure this isn't the script for the next BMT? :D

siouxinminny
10-29-2009, 07:30 AM
If the Gophers figure out their "chemical imbalance" problems they will be a good team this year and finish high in the WCHA. There is alot of talent on that team. The effort and chemistry are lacking.

If the Sioux get complacent, they could easily finish in the lower half of the WCHA. An injury or two, a 2 am police call to Whitey's and *poof* - the season could be wasted.

I think the Miami game at the end of November will be a nice benchmark for this team.

Sloe Gin
10-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Are we sure this isn't the script for the next BMT? :D

that's what I thought...:)

SiouxAviator
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
that's what I thought...:)

Speaking of, where are they keeping the BMT's this year? I have yet to find them on fs.com.

Dirty
10-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Speaking of, where are they keeping the BMT's this year? I have yet to find them on fs.com.

They are on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/SIOUXtra).

A Shot and a Goal
10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Just received this note from SiouxFanInSeattle himself about twenty minutes ago. Great news.

...enjoying the Denver weather? Heh heh. Well I'm glad that is behind me. The surgery took about 6 hours, primarily due to an issue with the prostate being "stuck" to the intestine. But other than that, it went well. I was out of the hospital the next day, which was quite a surprise. The recovery process is going well. The pain level is much lower than I expected - in fact I have mostly taken only Tylenol. I will find out the pathology results when I get the catheter removed next Wednesday. The surgeon told my wife that he expects it to be clean. And he was able to save both nerve bundles! I'll let you know more later.

brianvf
10-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Great news.
Thanks for the update!

Mike Rane
10-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Great news.
Thanks for the update!

Indeed.:)

Mike Rane
10-29-2009, 11:06 PM
You've gotta like that! :)

I said it before and I'll say it again, the Lamoureux-Zajac-Rowney line is gonna be havoc for opponents this year. Go back and watch the 4th goal on Fri night vs the Gophers, he flat out beats Schroeder to the loose puck and buries the rebound.:)

Goon
10-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Just received this note from SiouxFanInSeattle himself about twenty minutes ago. Great news.

...enjoying the Denver weather? Heh heh. Well I'm glad that is behind me. The surgery took about 6 hours, primarily due to an issue with the prostate being "stuck" to the intestine. But other than that, it went well. I was out of the hospital the next day, which was quite a surprise. The recovery process is going well. The pain level is much lower than I expected - in fact I have mostly taken only Tylenol. I will find out the pathology results when I get the catheter removed next Wednesday. The surgeon told my wife that he expects it to be clean. And he was able to save both nerve bundles! I'll let you know more later.

OUCH! That sounds painful, thank God he is alright.

Goon
10-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again, the Lamoureux-Zajac-Rowney line is gonna be havoc for opponents this year. Go back and watch the 4th goal on Fri night vs the Gophers, he flat out beats Schroeder to the loose puck and buries the rebound.:)

I really like Rowney's game and Mario has been good this year.