PDA

View Full Version : UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Roben
10-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Way too early to know how this team will stack up.

I agree...however, they look really good so far, and hopefully they can continue to grow as a team and improve their play.

Fighting Sioux 23
10-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I agree...however, they look really good so far, and hopefully they can continue to grow as a team and improve their play.

They definitely look like a top 4 team. Now, it will be up to the upperclassmen to settle down all the freshman after a game like that, and get them focused for tonight.

That being said, the Gophers did not play well at all. I would go so far as to say it may have been the worst performance I have seen from them in a long time. As I said in the score update thread last night, I would love it if the Sioux were THAT good, but I think a lot of the performance last night stems from the Gophers playing horrific.

If that same Gopher team comes tonight, it's going to be another humilliating game for them...so I'm hoping for a repeat :p:D:D.

jay ferguson
10-17-2009, 11:44 AM
They definitely look like a top 4 team. Now, it will be up to the upperclassmen to settle down all the freshman after a game like that, and get them focused for tonight.

That being said, the Gophers did not play well at all. I would go so far as to say it may have been the worst performance I have seen from them in a long time. As I said in the score update thread last night, I would love it if the Sioux were THAT good, but I think a lot of the performance last night stems from the Gophers playing horrific.

If that same Gopher team comes tonight, it's going to be another humilliating game for them...so I'm hoping for a repeat :p:D:D.

Good point. There's this Sioux fan among those who live out on Thunder Island with me, and he told me he wishes the Gophers had actually played well last night since it's impossible to learn anything about the team when they play a team that played with the energy of senior citizens and the talent of four year olds.

Sloe Gin
10-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I personally am liking what I'm seeing thus far...the boys still need to get on the same page, but overall, this team is playing very well. It's not as flashy as in years past, but I think that's what they will need to win.

brianvf
10-17-2009, 11:47 PM
I'll take 3 points against the Gophers anyday. Nice series, UND played better than what I was expecting.
Once again, the freshmen played very well for the most part.
Kristo is getting points, just needs to net his first goal.

Just have to take care of business up in Alaska next weekend. No letdowns!

dude
10-18-2009, 02:13 AM

You could bring your "C" game and beat us the way we've been playing the first 4 games of the year. We have three of our top D men out at this point, and we have been taking a ton of penalties It could get ugly...

SiouxFanatic
10-18-2009, 02:58 AM
You could bring your "C" game and beat us the way we've been playing the first 4 games of the year. We have three of our top D men out at this point, and we have been taking a ton of penalties It could get ugly...
Yeah, but the Seawolves always come ready to play the Sioux. So I think it's gonna be another good series for the Sioux to figure things out that'll make them more cohesive as a team. Trip up to Anchorage should be a bonding experience in any case lol.

GO SIOUX!!

After how this series ended. The game(s) at the Mariucci are definitely gonna be exciting.

brianvf
10-18-2009, 11:03 AM

All 3 dmen out with injuries? That sucks.

Dirty
10-18-2009, 11:51 AM
All 3 dmen out with injuries? That sucks.

MacWilliam will take out two more on Friday.

Sloe Gin
10-18-2009, 12:16 PM
MacWilliam will take out two more on Friday.

and get put in the penalty box for the wrong time too?

hockeyenthusiast
10-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey UND fans,

I remember reading an article on ESPNU late last month saying that you had the October 1 deadline to decide on a new nickname. Did you? What are you now if you did? Thanks.

Fighting Sioux 23
10-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey UND fans,

I remember reading an article on ESPNU late last month saying that you had the October 1 deadline to decide on a new nickname. Did you? What are you now if you did? Thanks.

North Dakota Asskickers

We eat lightning and crap thunder.

You do not want to mess with us :p:D:D

(we were given an extension to try and work out a deal with the remaining tribe.)

sfo19
10-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey UND fans,

It wasn't a deadline to decide a new nickname. It was a deadline to get tribe approval to keep the sioux nickname. that deadline has been extended. oh, and IF we can't keep the nickname... don't expect to see a new one so quickly.

Dirty
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Is anyone else with me that this (http://nodak.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135104978309&ref=share) should be the theme of this week's BMT? 10 minute video of everyone punching Pony.

state of hockey
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
BTW, love the jerseys. Big thumbs up to the green numbering/lettering.

MinnesotaNorthStar
10-19-2009, 12:09 AM
I personally am liking what I'm seeing thus far...the boys still need to get on the same page, but overall, this team is playing very well. It's not as flashy as in years past, but I think that's what they will need to win.I like what I'm seeing right now too. I think we'll have a better first part of the year then the previous Hakstol seasons. Should the second half trends continue...I can't wait to see this team play come January. :)

One of the only problems I saw was some of the younger guys looking lost in the defensive zone at times, but Hak should be able to correct it.

Genoway for Hobey. :)

Suze
10-19-2009, 12:55 AM
I'll take 3 points against the Gophers anyday. Nice series, UND played better than what I was expecting.
Once again, the freshmen played very well for the most part.
Kristo is getting points, just needs to net his first goal.

I just finished watching the U Tube video of UAA beating the Sioux 6-1 in Anchorage. Somehow I don't think that will be the result this year.

brianvf
10-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I just finished watching the U Tube video of UAA beating the Sioux 6-1 in Anchorage. Somehow I don't think that will be the result this year.

How has UAA looked so far this year?

SoCalSiouxFan
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
IF we can't keep the nickname... don't expect to see a new one so quickly.

Expecially since the NCAA allows us to use the nickname in all games except NCAA tournament games. So basically IF the NCAA rule is enforced the Fighting Sioux will need an alternate jersey for tournament play.

brianvf
10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Four UND recruits are playing in the Junior A Challenge, which was won by the USA last year.

Parks, St. Clair, and Mattson for the USA
O'Donnell for Canada West

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=62155

UND is now ranked #2 in both the USCHO and INCH rankings. Miami is 1st in both. That Thanksgiving tourney at REA with OSU and Miami should have huge PWR implications.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0910/polls_0804.htm
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/