X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    Coach Umile stopped by the parking office at UNH earlier in the week.

Blake Kessel is injured, was told it was a separated shoulder (I had to leave, and my boss had to fill me in on the rest of the conversation). At the time, Coach didn't know how long Blake would be out, but it might be for a bit . . .

Anybody else know anything about this?
    My friend saw him in a sling on Tuesday. He supposedly injured it in practice on Monday. TNH reported it was a bruised shoulder and it was day to day.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH8 View Post
      My friend saw him in a sling on Tuesday. He supposedly injured it in practice on Monday. TNH reported it was a bruised shoulder and it was day to day.
      Don't those guys know you hit the other team that hard, not each other.

Probably wasn't one of the big guys, I put my bet on the smallest guy on the roster.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Don't those guys know you hit the other team that hard, not each other.

Probably wasn't one of the big guys, I put my bet on the smallest guy on the roster.
        I heard it was his mom.

Comment

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newslette...393&page=38734

Belongs on the recruiting thread.. but it's sooo good, I couldn't help myself!
          GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

I must say I was greatly encouraged by the Acadia pre-season game, perhaps it was the glow of the football team's shellacking of Towson State. But, I've always liked Butler and LeBlanc, they've always given 100%. I think they will lead by example, but there are a couple of weaknesses extant.
            One poster wrote about the UNH defense letting the puck carriers turn the corner on them. I've seen that UNH defensemen either back in on the goalkeeper or let the forward skate unmolested. Someone must teach these guys to play the body or it'll be a long season and the "Maybe Next Year" banner will be unfurled again.
            So many times I've seen the UNH forwards work their butts off for a goal in a close game, and the opponents will then get an odd-man rush and score quickly, ostensibly effortlessly. UNH seems to have a problem with maintaining intensity.
            And I also believe in the tabula rasa theory, so I'll go from there, and say, "God, it's great to be alive and waiting for the puck to drop on another season. This could be the year, but I don't think so."
            "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
            Larry David

Comment

Ok... hockey season is upon us... my hibernation is over... and you will see me about as much as usual around here. I am not around for the RPI game tonight, but will check this and the Score Update thread later. GO CATS!!!!! And hey there to all my UNH buds once again... (you know who you are!)
              Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
              Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
              Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
              Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
                http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newslette...393&page=38734

Belongs on the recruiting thread.. but it's sooo good, I couldn't help myself!
                Izzy... that is pretty good news. I know when UNH got Reid they were hoping that this would be the case. Good to see a 6'2" 200 lb kid with skills coming in. Always welcome.
                Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

And this team was ranked?
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

that was just bad, they had lots of chances but couldnt get it home. foster seemed to make some big stops at the end to keep them in it though, they just couldnt score on york.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                      HUH?

Say what??

Come again??

Come back again when you have a little more ammunition to play with, little boy.
                      sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Yeah, looks like the lofty #16 ranking was based purely on reputation!
                        GO BLUE!

Comment

It's not the end of the world. It was a road game against a good opponent with a good goalie. I won't take the black pill yet.
                          "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                          Larry David

Comment

And Maine will be fighting for that vaunted 8th spot again this year, congrats!

Only listened to the game on the radio, but it sounded like they generated a fair amount of good chances, and RPI's goaltender, at times, stood on his head. Can't get too down about the first game of the year, on the road in an ECAC barn. Next weekend should be fun, hopefully Kessel will be back sooner rather than later, as we jump right into the fire with Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                              Only listened to the game on the radio, but it sounded like they generated a fair amount of good chances, and RPI's goaltender, at times, stood on his head. Can't get too down about the first game of the year, on the road in an ECAC barn. Next weekend should be fun, hopefully Kessel will be back sooner rather than later, as we jump right into the fire with Miami.
                              RPI's goal tender was definately on his toes and made some great saves but we looked pretty flat when we came out. We weren't moving our feet, we couldn't pass the puck, and we were wiffing on a lot of shots. The second we looked like we had things together and started to move as a team and then we went back to what we were doing in the first, in the third. Hopefully next weekend goes better. Plus side there isn't a 9 hour round trip on this one.
                              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                                RPI's goal tender was definately on his toes and made some great saves but we looked pretty flat when we came out. We weren't moving our feet, we couldn't pass the puck, and we were wiffing on a lot of shots. The second we looked like we had things together and started to move as a team and then we went back to what we were doing in the first, in the third. Hopefully next weekend goes better. Plus side there isn't a 9 hour round trip on this one.
                                York did indeed stonewall the Cats. The fact that RPI outhit and outskated the Cats for most of the night had a little something to do with the outcome as well...but I guess you were in the bathroom a lot last night...
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X