X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    In other news, Motzko said the team has engaged a volunteer goaltending coach to replace Justin Johnson, who returned to his alma mater, the University of Minnesota. The new addition is Michael Ayers, a 29-year-old former New Hampshire goalie whose career topped out with 28 games in the AHL -- most recently with Norfolk in 2006-07. A native of Higham, Mass., now in Minnesota, he was a sixth-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks in 2000. He also played briefly in Sweden in 2007-08. Husky fans will better remember Ayers as the Wildcats goalie who stopped 35 of 37 shots to beat SCSU 5-2 in the 2003 NCAA Tournament.

Thought you guys might be interested in this.

I know you guys are going to get on me for commenting on this. But you can't make this stuff up. Of all the programs to be a part of, he winds up at the "UNH of the West". Funny stuff.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      I know you guys are going to get on me for commenting on this. But you can't make this stuff up. Of all the programs to be a part of, he winds up at the "UNH of the West". Funny stuff.
      Wait one minute... UNH has won tournament games!
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Burke was hugely impressive. It seemed as if the team hit more against Acadia than they did the entire 08-09 regular season and HE playoffs combined. Kudos to the captains.
        Somebody noted from seeing practices that if you look quick Burke sort looks like JVR. Not playing style just size and hair cut. I don't see it Burke looks more solid now than JVR ever did.

I did say to people with me, Burke hit more and harder in the first period than JVR did in 2 years. There games are so different, Burke is not as fast nor as good with the puck, but Burke already knows how to uses his size.

If they keep hitting and going to the front of the net, I think they will be OK. 3rd or 4th in hockey east, trip to boston, 20+ wins and a squeek into the NCAAs. If they get lazy, even for a game or 2, they will get into trouble.
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
          Somebody noted from seeing practices that if you look quick Burke sort looks like JVR. Not playing style just size and hair cut. I don't see it Burke looks more solid now than JVR ever did.
          That was me. In my defense, Burke looked like a different player on Saturday than he has looked in practice. Understandably so, as his game on Saturday revolved around physical play, which obviously won't come out as much while scrimmaging against his teammates. Also, he was playing up on the second line in the absence of Stevie Moses which helped create more chances for him. Like others on here, I loved what I saw from Burke on Saturday and hope he gets plenty of powerplay time this year. Park him in front of that net and he can do some serious damage.
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            Somebody noted from seeing practices that if you look quick Burke sort looks like JVR. Not playing style just size and hair cut.
            Sislo had to be looking up thinking, "Alright coach, another big American kid, keep 'em coming".

My first thought seeing Burke was "Wow!", second thought was that he might be the biggest forward in UNH history. Third thought was we might not have him for four years.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Sislo had to be looking up thinking, "Alright coach, another big American kid, keep 'em coming".

My first thought seeing Burke was "Wow!", second thought was that he might be the biggest forward in UNH history. Third thought was we might not have him for four years.
              UNH doesn't have a short kid this year. We always had at least one, now we have a tall roster.
              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                You just did make it up. Anyone who compares SCSU to UNH is ignorant. I believe I have used this word to describe you before.
                AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

I felt much better about the upcoming season after watching the exhibition game.

Burke and Block have been mentioned, but for the most part, I thought all of the freshmen looked pretty good. All of them played with confidence, which was great to see. I think UNH will have better balance on D. Hardowa should put up some points, and I think we'll see some nice breakout passes from Kostalansky.

Could McCarey have hit another post? I see Borisnok being pushed for ice time.

The returning players looked to have improved, including Kessel.

I'm still trying to figure out if DeSimone is a good hockey player. He's highly skilled, but he needs to put it all together. The other disappointment for me was Beck. He was beaten badly on at least one play. I've been wanting to see more of him, but with the imcoming players, I'm not sure he sees much ice this season.
                  AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
                    I felt much better about the upcoming season after watching the exhibition game.

Burke and Block have been mentioned, but for the most part, I thought all of the freshmen looked pretty good. All of them played with confidence, which was great to see. I think UNH will have better balance on D. Hardowa should put up some points, and I think we'll see some nice breakout passes from Kostalansky.

Could McCarey have hit another post? I see Borisnok being pushed for ice time.

The returning players looked to have improved, including Kessel.

I'm still trying to figure out if DeSimone is a good hockey player. He's highly skilled, but he needs to put it all together. The other disappointment for me was Beck. He was beaten badly on at least one play. I've been wanting to see more of him, but with the imcoming players, I'm not sure he sees much ice this season.
                    McCarey is from the USA program dont see why he isn't getting same playing time as others , plus he sat a year , get him in the mix ,he can shoot the puck . Watcher see's but is blinded by the light, go into the light the light is good......

Comment

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                      UNH doesn't have a short kid this year. We always had at least one, now we have a tall roster.
                      Borisenok is short. Moses and Speelman are no giants either.
                      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                        They are taller than Savi, Collins, and Collins.
                        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

If Thompsons 1 post and McCareys 2 posts go in the net ,Borisenok has 4pts instead of one, and he would be the player of the game.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilsonpicard View Post
                            If Thompsons 1 post and McCareys 2 posts go in the net ,Borisenok has 4pts instead of one, and he would be the player of the game.....
                            Whoa there. I didn't say anything about his play in my post, just that he is small(listed as smaller than Greg Collins and Sean Collins, 29). Borisenok could be a nice addition to an energy line.

Comment

Whoa there. I didn't say anything about his play in my post, just that he is small(listed as smaller than Greg Collins and Sean Collins, 29). Borisenok could be a nice addition to an energy line.
                              I might make fun of you later for looking up heights.
                              UNH

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                                I might make fun of you later for looking up heights.
                                Who said I had to look them up? You know I can take being made fun of...

Comment

Working...
                                X