PDA

View Full Version : 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

UNHhockey29
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Borisenok is short. Moses and Speelman are no giants either.

They are taller than Savi, Collins, and Collins.

Wilsonpicard
10-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Borisenok is short. Moses and Speelman are no giants either.

If Thompsons 1 post and McCareys 2 posts go in the net ,Borisenok has 4pts instead of one, and he would be the player of the game.....

RockTheWhit
10-06-2009, 07:25 PM
If Thompsons 1 post and McCareys 2 posts go in the net ,Borisenok has 4pts instead of one, and he would be the player of the game.....

Whoa there. I didn't say anything about his play in my post, just that he is small(listed as smaller than Greg Collins and Sean Collins, 29). Borisenok could be a nice addition to an energy line.

UNHhockey29
10-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Whoa there. I didn't say anything about his play in my post, just that he is small(listed as smaller than Greg Collins and Sean Collins, 29). Borisenok could be a nice addition to an energy line.

I might make fun of you later for looking up heights. :p

RockTheWhit
10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I might make fun of you later for looking up heights. :p

Who said I had to look them up? You know I can take being made fun of...;) :D

UNHhockey29
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Who said I had to look them up? You know I can take being made fun of...;) :D

If you memorized them I don't know if we can be friends anymore.

Nick Papagiorgio
10-07-2009, 07:38 AM
You just did make it up. Anyone who compares SCSU to UNH is ignorant. I believe I have used this word to describe you before.

Anyone who has been around this board for a while would recognize this as an old phrase used by many people here. I'm sure some hardcore searches through the archives would pull it up.

0=0 so the shoe really does fit. I know... SO IGNORANT (I think your willingness to call someone ignorant multiple times is more telling of you than me but whatever floats your boat... go with it, that's what I say)!!

Hello to all of the rest of my UNH friends (Scott, Scott, Chuck, Ernie, Darci, George, Captain Morgan, Josh, and hefan among others). I hope you are all doing well and have a good season to enjoy this year.

RockTheWhit
10-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Hello to all of the rest of my UNH friends (Scott, Scott, Chuck, Ernie, Darci, George, Jason, hefan). I hope you are all doing well and have a good season to enjoy this year.

Good luck to you and your squad, sir. Enjoy your ridiculous recruiting class and new video board and we'll see you at the Conte and hopefully the Gahden.

Nick Papagiorgio
10-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Not sure if anyone else has said this but I will.

4 months between BC and UNH games = stupid.

SteveF
10-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I know you guys are going to get on me for commenting on this. But you can't make this stuff up. Of all the programs to be a part of, he winds up at the "UNH of the West". Funny stuff.

I guess he has a certain comfort level with the expectations there.

UNHhockey29
10-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Hello to all of the rest of my UNH friends (Scott, Scott, Chuck, Ernie, Darci, George, Captain Morgan, Josh, and hefan among others). I hope you are all doing well and have a good season to enjoy this year.

Hello to you as well. How's the little one?

Mowers10
10-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Anyone who has been around this board for a while would recognize this as an old phrase used by many people here. I'm sure some hardcore searches through the archives would pull it up.

0=0 so the shoe really does fit. I know... SO IGNORANT (I think your willingness to call someone ignorant multiple times is more telling of you than me but whatever floats your boat... go with it, that's what I say)!!

Not sure what your point is in the first paragraph. The UNH/St Cloud comparison has been made by other people, and you made it up once again.

Are you having difficult with the fact you are ignorant, or?
OMG, I'm willing to say the truth! If you think it says something else about me, I'm ignorant as to what that might be. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

unh_hockey
10-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Somebody noted from seeing practices that if you look quick Burke sort looks like JVR. Not playing style just size and hair cut. I don't see it Burke looks more solid now than JVR ever did.

I did say to people with me, Burke hit more and harder in the first period than JVR did in 2 years. There games are so different, Burke is not as fast nor as good with the puck, but Burke already knows how to uses his size.

If they keep hitting and going to the front of the net, I think they will be OK. 3rd or 4th in hockey east, trip to boston, 20+ wins and a squeek into the NCAAs. If they get lazy, even for a game or 2, they will get into trouble.

I like burkes style, but he keeps his head down and has had a lot of injuries.

JVR should have never played college. Probably the O.

JB
10-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I like burkes style, but he keeps his head down and has had a lot of injuries.

JVR should have never played college. Probably the O.

I haven't folowed Burke that closely butI had only heard about the ankle injury last year, nothing really before that sticks out.

As for JVR - College seemed to work just fine for him. Played two years and didn't get his body beat up like major junior or AHL could have, now he is on the big club. Seems to me his plan worked well.

RockTheWhit
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I haven't folowed Burke that closely butI had only heard about the ankle injury last year, nothing really before that sticks out.

He had a shoulder injury last year and missed almost the entire season in Cedar Rapids.

Nick Papagiorgio
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Not sure what your point is in the first paragraph. The UNH/St Cloud comparison has been made by other people, and you made it up once again.

Made it up once again? Have you been forgetting to take your meds? What does that mean? Saying SCSU is the "UNH of the West" is not a fact, it's an opinion (that just about everyone agrees with, except for Jofa, who said that Miami was the "UNH of the West" because they are "regular season wonders"... is that also ignorant? 0 is still equal to 0... you kind of see where this is going?), it's not something that is made up. And since the phrase has already been coined, I'm not sure how you 'make it up once again.' Does Goodyear reinvent the wheel again every time they manufacture a new tire?

Are you having difficult with the fact you are ignorant, or?
OMG, I'm willing to say the truth! If you think it says something else about me, I'm ignorant as to what that might be. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

No, like I said, I think maybe throwing that word around like it's going out of style is a little sad in your case - certainly seems like a bit of a temper tantrum because people don't think UNH is the greatest team on the earth as you do. I don't know, I mean, sure this board is silly and childish, but c'mon...

SteveF
10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
mowers #1 and it was proven today. enjoy the preseason!! eat it, papagiorgio!!

Mowers10
10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Made it up once again? Have you been forgetting to take your meds? What does that mean? Saying SCSU is the "UNH of the West" is not a fact, it's an opinion (that just about everyone agrees with, except for Jofa, who said that Miami was the "UNH of the West" because they are "regular season wonders"... is that also ignorant? 0 is still equal to 0... you kind of see where this is going?), it's not something that is made up. And since the phrase has already been coined, I'm not sure how you 'make it up once again.' Does Goodyear reinvent the wheel again every time they manufacture a new tire?

No, like I said, I think maybe throwing that word around like it's going out of style is a little sad in your case - certainly seems like a bit of a temper tantrum because people don't think UNH is the greatest team on the earth as you do. I don't know, I mean, sure this board is silly and childish, but c'mon...

So you are saying that UNH is equivalent to SCSU because they have never won a championship? Shouldn't they then be the SCSU/UAF/UAA/MSU-Mankato etc, etc, of the East?

Can you give yourself -1 (at least) Larussos for creativity, or lack there of? Your analogy doesn't apply to what I am saying, but I'm not sure I can say anything to you to get my point across that you will understand.

Please don't be a hypocrite and say that throwing words around like it is going out of style is sad. You've had the same schtick for years.

It's certainly not a temper tantrum.......I'll oblige if you really want. I don't particularly like to do that, but........I might make an exception. ;) Don't tell me what I think, by the way.

BC is the Michigan Tech of the East by your logic. Don't you think this comparison is ridiculous? BC has a much better hockey program than Tech does.

....and thanks Steve, you know it! :p

thecomicbookguy
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I guess he has a certain comfort level with the expectations there.
Hey, if he can coach the goalies to just a single tourney win, he'll be a hero!

I'll have to pay closer attention on Saturday. None of the players looked that short during lineups last week.

My first thought seeing Burke was "Wow!", second thought was that he might be the biggest forward in UNH history.
Bigger than Eddie Caron?

(And I mean Eddie while he was playing at UNH, not after he went pro and came back as a student.)

Hey man, I hope you have a fun season this year. Maybe this will be the year UNH beats BC in the postseason...yeah, who am I kidding?

unhpuckfan2001
10-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Coach Umile stopped by the parking office at UNH earlier in the week.

Blake Kessel is injured, was told it was a separated shoulder (I had to leave, and my boss had to fill me in on the rest of the conversation). At the time, Coach didn't know how long Blake would be out, but it might be for a bit . . .

Anybody else know anything about this?