X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
    Really?? How laughable.... My God... dragging up all that old drivel. Seasons past, hoky... no one cares. The here and now are what are within all teams' control. All the past stuff is water under the bridge.
    Well, we could all strive to be like Merrimack, I guess.

According to the Providence thread, its a big game at Lawler tonight, I hear they're having a Whiteout tonight *snicker*

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
      Just got home from Providence. Cats came out strong and controlled much of the first. They were getting a lot of shots on net from the point with guys crashing for rebounds. Beaudry was strong though and doing an excellent job of controlling those shots. I was surprised it was only 2-0 in the second when Providence scored. Their tying goal was a bit of a softy as the shot came from the outside of the circle with the shooter using the UNH d-man as a screen. Desimone's winner came off of a great individual effort from Butler. He beat his guy wide and hit Desimone streaking down the right side for a one-timer. For most of the night, I thought the Speelman-Borisenok-Moses line was the best line for UNH. They obviously bring a lot of speed to the table, and they were finding each other all over the ice. Borisenok's goal was a beautiful tic-tac-toe passing play giving him a wide open net to shoot at. Gotta give credit to Providence for a great effort especially after going down two goals. Two more big points for the Cats and Saturday should be a tough challenge against a BU team that just knocked off BC in ot.
      George... yeah, from the radio, a lot of what you said came through over the airwaves. We seemed decent overall, but at times just could not get that key third goal that I would think would have killed off the game.

Question... what the hell is going on with Mike Sislo? The guy's name rarely pops up on the radio and it is almost like he is a shell of last yr. I mean what more could he want? He has a great center in Leblanc and the left winger, Burke, has had a nice yr. So his linemates should be able to feed him and get his scoring game going. He is now 9th in team scoring (6-3-9) and even Damon Kipp, a defenseman, has more pts (2-8-10). I am sorry, but this is just not good enough. Maybe it is a chemistry issue on this line? Perhaps a stint on the 4th line might be a wake-up call? I don't know, but if we can get this guy going, it will really help our cause a lot.

**** Kudos to Bobby Butler on scoring his 100th career point for UNH... great work, Bobby!! You are the consummate captain... keep up the great job you are doing!! *************
      Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
      ECAC Tourney Champs 79
      Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
      Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
      Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
      NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
        its a big game at Lawler tonight, I hear they're having a Whiteout tonight *snicker*
        Crap, I should have gotten tickets ahead of time!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post

According to the Providence thread, its a big game at Lawler tonight, I hear they're having a Whiteout tonight *snicker*
          LOL! Where'd they come up with that gem?
          Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

UNH Wildcats
          ECAC Tourney Champs 79
          Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
          NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

LOL! Where'd they come up with that gem?
            The Winnipeg Jets?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              The Winnipeg Jets?
              I doubt it, but good call all the same....

*****http://www.curtiswalker.com/jets/images/wo_fans3.jpg******

(this is one of the only good shots I could get of the old Winnipeg Arena during "White Out" NHL playoff games)

UNH Wildcats
              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

I doubt it, but good call all the same....

*****http://www.curtiswalker.com/jets/images/wo_fans3.jpg******

(this is one of the only good shots I could get of the old Winnipeg Arena during "White Out" NHL playoff games)
                Not quite as cool, but not bad for a regular season game

Comment

Josh... yeah, I knew that was coming and I was pretty sure you had a few wicked shots of that one.

UNH Wildcats
                  ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                  NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

UNH 4, BU 1... Final

Great road game played by the Cats tonight at our home away from home... Agganis Arena in Boston. Bobby's line again was awesome, but kudos tonight have to go to Borisenok's line again with Moses and Speelman. Man... they are EVERYWHERE. They caused BU fits all night with their speed and I think it was imperative that we got the first goal. And ... as if on cue... Bo got his own rebounded pass to the slot and buried it behind Rollheiser. Key stuff.

The goal of the night had to be Bobby's sweet "split the D and then bowl towards the net with the guy dragging you down from behind" goal. Yeah, just like they draw them up in chalk talks.

Bad? Hated the dumb Burke penalty to put us into that prolonged 3x5.... unbelievably dumb/selfish. I am betting Umile had some choice words for the freshman when he got back to the bench.

And I am equally as certain that the words were worse for Krates after BU scored a PPG due to a really ill-advised hit from behind deep into the 3rd period. Poor choices, guys.

But, other than that, there were plenty of superlatives to go around. Great to see Mike Sislo (who I had called out on this thread earlier in the day) bury a PP goal and it was also really nice to see Damon Kipp get rewarded for a smart wrister from the point.

This team has excellent chemistry and their heart is huge. Those are two things a program can only hope will happen/be present when a season starts. The young guys are learning and growing more confident each game. You can see this team growing stronger, smarter every game.

So far, so good. Mission accomplished this weekend.... two road games in tricky rinks.... four points won. Nice work, gents. Get some much-deserved rest and prepare for Merrimack next weekend.

UNH Wildcats
                    ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                    NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Agreed, BU, BC, ME etc have won natl championships and get the job done. UNH is basking in the glory of being in first in their conference in January with all those national championship banners above the rink

Congratulations, HOKYDAD. You have won the award for the best non sequitor of the day.

Stick it in your, ummm, trophy case.
                      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Hi folks...New to posting on this site but not new to viewing it or watching college hockey. Actually, I'm a BU long time season ticket holder who got to see both BU-UNH gane @ Agganis this year. What amazed me was the difference between the UNH team I saw earlier this year and the one I saw tonight.
                        Not to preach too loudly to the choir but:
                        1. Amazing the speed of the UNH forwards. Teams must literally chase them all over the ice @ your place.
                        2. I was of the impression that UNH may have weakness defensively. Saw none of that tonight. Especially Foster. Looks solid.
                        3. BU, I thought, played one of its better games tonight despite not capitalizing on chances. Despite this, there was, and is, a distinct class difference between these two teams.
                        4. BU has played a very competitive schedule this year. I've seen the likes of Notre Dame, Cornell, Michigan, etc....UNH is a notch above any team I've seen this year.
                        A few more weeks of playing like I saw tonight and that #15 ranking will be in the rear view mirrror.....May be lots to cheer about in Durham this spring
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

UNH 4, BU 1... Final
                          Hated the dumb Burke penalty to put us into that prolonged 3x5.... unbelievably dumb/selfish. I am betting Umile had some choice words for the freshman when he got back to the bench.
                          Fun game to watch on NESN tonight. You gotta admire Jackie Parker for pulling Rollheiser for 40 seconds of the 5-3 to make it 6-3 (not exactly like the last 90 seconds in which DU and Adam Berkhoel beat Maine 1-0 for the NC at the Garden in 2004, but still pretty cool); kudos to UNH and Brian Foster for killing off this one. Good to see the second line involved in two of the four goals tonight. Nice bounce into tie for 9th in the PWR. As disappointing as our 1-5-1 OOC record was this season, the Badgers and Redhawks are still rolling along at the top of Div 1, so I must believe that the early tough competition is paying dividends for the Cats now.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 01-23-2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            Hi folks...New to posting on this site but not new to viewing it or watching college hockey. Actually, I'm a BU long time season ticket holder who got to see both BU-UNH gane @ Agganis this year. What amazed me was the difference between the UNH team I saw earlier this year and the one I saw tonight.
                            1. Amazing the speed of the UNH forwards. Teams must literally chase them all over the ice @ your place.
                            2. I was of the impression that UNH may have weakness defensively. Saw none of that tonight. Especially Foster. Looks solid.
                            3. BU, I thought, played one of its better games tonight despite not capitalizing on chances. Despite this, there was, and is, a distinct class difference between these two teams.
                            4. BU has played a very competitive schedule this year. I've seen the likes of Notre Dame, Cornell, Michigan, etc....UNH is a notch above any team I've seen this year.
                            A few more weeks of playing like I saw tonight and that #15 ranking will be in the rear view mirrror.....May be lots to cheer about in Durham this spring
                            Classy first post.
                            BC last season and BU this season have shown how difficult it is to repeat after winning the National Championship. However, you can never count out highly skilled teams like BU.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                              Wow.. very nice. They've 'gelled nicely over the last 2 months for sure and Umile was juggling lines up until this weekend, as it appears that both nights he played the same lines. After a 4 point weekend, giving up only 3 goals, I can imagine that hill ride those lines until proven wrong.

Current'y #8 in the PWR.. lots of hockey left though!
                              GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Josh... yeah, I knew that was coming and I was pretty sure you had a few wicked shots of that one.
                                Feel free to purchase one or two for the UNH fans in your life

Comment

Working...
                                X