X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by PSW View Post
    I watch Silo play and don’t think he is playing “HIS” game………something I think he thinks he’s DeSimone trying to make the cute pass….stick handling around. I see Silo’s games as a straight forward game……shoot….crash the net…use physical strength to get to the net…

Perhpas so.. He may be being bounced with a few lines here but the -10 is worse that all the others that he's being paired with.

Have they tried Sislo, Leblanc, Moses? Or would they worry about having too much youth on a 3rd line w/ Burke Bori and Speelman. Can anyone fill the blanks in on Speelman? Umile obviously likes his long term potential.
    GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
      Have they tried Sislo, Leblanc, Moses? Or would they worry about having too much youth on a 3rd line w/ Burke Bori and Speelman. Can anyone fill the blanks in on Speelman? Umile obviously likes his long term potential.
      I like your idea of Sislo-LeBlanc-Moses as long as Sislo tries out on the left wing - got to try something new. Burke and Borisenok are fine together but I've been having my doubts about Speelman lately. Coach Umile must think highly of him since he was on the first line earlier in the season. However, over the last several games, young Dalton hasn't accomplished much. Speelman's rep is that he's a speedster but compare him to Micflikier when Jacob was a freshman or Stevie Moses last year. You could see the great potential in those two guys but I don't see it in Speelman. I'd like to see either Henrion or McCarey on right wing with Burke and Borisenok.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Yes, and for what it's worth, the Cats' RPI SOS also dropped from 4th to 8th over the weekend......
        It's only going to get worse from here out. There aren't many upticks in SOS left on the schedule - they're gonna need lots of wins to try to hold their RPI up. As more teams get in enough TUC games for that comparison to apply, the PWR is at further risk. Even with a solid finish of the regular season, they may need to win the HE tournament to make the NCAA's.
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

I dont know if I just missed the boat on this or what, but Chris Heisenberg, who is usually correct, is reporting that Cam Reid is no longer signed up at UNH and is on his way to St. Cloud...http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...JG47g-ug&gid=1

Only positive is that it seems UMaine lost their goaltender of the future to Minn-Duluth as well...

Comment

Check the UNH Committments thread for the full discussion - a very good discussion at that.

Comment

Sorry for the slight off topic-ness, but does anyone have an informed opinion of ticket availability vs. BU on Saturday? Ticketmaster is selling SRO, the Whitt box office says they returned an unspecified amount of tix to BU Wednesday night and the BU students are back on Comm. Ave. Thanks.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                Sorry for the slight off topic-ness, but does anyone have an informed opinion of ticket availability vs. BU on Saturday? Ticketmaster is selling SRO, the Whitt box office says they returned an unspecified amount of tix to BU Wednesday night and the BU students are back on Comm. Ave. Thanks.
                Just got an email from BU... (long story short bought UNH tickets at Agganis two years ago) Vistor's tickets were released at COB today, meaning they are available at the Box Office tomorrow morning, or tonight at the Ticketmaster website...
                UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Umile picks some all-time teams:

http://www.wmur.com/sports/22275292/detail.html

All-New Hampshire (slim pickings there) and All-Defensive (some good choices, but no Ty(?!?)

Always good for a debate or two, if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    Umile picks some all-time teams:

http://www.wmur.com/sports/22275292/detail.html

All-New Hampshire (slim pickings there) and All-Defensive (some good choices, but no Ty(?!?)

Always good for a debate or two, if nothing else.
                    The article makes it sound like WMUR Sports staff chose the team, not Coach Umile.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                      The article makes it sound like WMUR Sports staff chose the team, not Coach Umile.
                      Sounds like mostly by WMUR, with possible input from Umile: "The team was is picked by WMUR Sports, with help and guidance from UNH staff and fans."

I'm surprised by no Saviano on the all-defensive team.
                      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                        Sounds like mostly by WMUR, with possible input from Umile: "The team was is picked by WMUR Sports, with help and guidance from UNH staff and fans."

I'm surprised by no Saviano on the all-defensive team.
                        Well he wasn't a very good or memorable player. I mean it's not like he could skate through 5 guys and still have the puck.... oh wait.
                        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Midweek Press Conference Video from Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm_a3H9x3Ng

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                            Well he wasn't a very good or memorable player. I mean it's not like he could skate through 5 guys and still have the puck.... oh wait.
                            One-man penalty kill? Nah, not very defensive.
                            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                            -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by bostonfan86 View Post
                              Midweek Press Conference Video from Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm_a3H9x3Ng
                              I like all of these a lot. Who ever is doing them, thank you

Comment

Ever notice how fans of teams with little to hope for or cheer about (e.g., the .500 RPI; the 4 win Providence Friars) have more lively threads on the Fan Forum than the #1 team in Hockey East?

Comment

Working...
                                X