X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    I just want to know how that guy in the back row managed to pull the sweater over his head.
    Captain of the Fightin' Cowheads.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
      What about neutral-site games (like the Riverstone Cup)? Then you're not really the home or the road team. (Yes, I am being a little facetious, but only a little).

I think the team tends to wear the thirds in games that they don't normally play well in anyway, like games after winter break, home games vs BU, and games at the Verizon (and this year, out of conference games). That, coupled with simple chance, makes it seem like they never win in them.
      That is why I said you are either the home team or the road team. There is always a "home" or "road" team in the box score. I didn't say that the home team plays at home. So HA!

I like our 4th blues but I just think it's silly. You really only need 2 jerseys.
      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
        I like our 4th blues but I just think it's silly. You really only need 2 jerseys.
        Wait, we have a FOURTH jersey? That's dumb. Although I see your point about not needing a third jersey, there are occasions when loose traiditions may call for it. I just wish our thirds weren't that hideous silver with purple glitter over blue numbers (I know, it's because they show up better on TV) . . .
        I haven't been on here in a year...
        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          Wait, we have a FOURTH jersey? That's dumb. Although I see your point about not needing a third jersey, there are occasions when loose traiditions may call for it. I just wish our thirds weren't that hideous silver with purple glitter over blue numbers (I know, it's because they show up better on TV) . . .
          They don't put sparkles on the jerseys anymore.
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
            Instead of the silvers, they had a blue alternate jersey for a couple of years. Since the silvers are technically still in use, that would be the 4th jersey.
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

Wow, we've reached Thursday of a HUGE weekend for UNH, and the only discussion on here has been about sparkling jerseys. Quite disappointing I must say, Wildcat Nation. While the Cornell loss was obviously disappointing and disheartening, they can get right back on track with 3 or 4 points at home this weekend against the two UMass schools. Mike Borisenok will be out with vertigo, so Austin Block will move up to center the third line while Greg Manz shifts to center on the fourth.
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                Wow, we've reached Thursday of a HUGE weekend for UNH, and the only discussion on here has been about sparkling jerseys. Quite disappointing I must say, Wildcat Nation. While the Cornell loss was obviously disappointing and disheartening, they can get right back on track with 3 or 4 points at home this weekend against the two UMass schools. Mike Borisenok will be out with vertigo, so Austin Block will move up to center the third line while Greg Manz shifts to center on the fourth.
                I predict that the 'Cats will wear their white jerseys this weekend.
                sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
                  I predict that the 'Cats will wear their white jerseys this weekend.
                  But will they sparkle?
                  UNH

Comment

But will they sparkle?
                    The equipment manager will be fired if they don't!!! He's only had 3 weeks to get the bleach out.

In all seriousness, hopefully the Cats got the oil can out and knocked the rust out of their game. They really did look like a team that hadn't played in a month against Cornell.

Lowell continues rolling along this season, with many good wins and a couple of hiccups along the way (sound familiar?) UMass is in the middle of a midseason swoon with them going 2-5 in the last 7 games, including a 7-3 drubbing at Agganis.

This series sets up well for UNH to get back into the swing of playing hockey on a weekly basis. Both games are very winnable and provide quality competition that have had recent success against UNH. Should be a good weekend!

Prediction 2-2 tie with Lowell and a 3-2 win against Amherst! 3 points for the Cats!!!
                    UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                      In all seriousness, hopefully the Cats got the oil can out and knocked the rust out of their game. They really did look like a team that hadn't played in a month against Cornell.
                      That was exactly how I expected them to play. They always seem to have rust on them the first game back. I can't even remember the last time we won the game over break. It's been a few years I know that. Hopefully they'll be back at it and will be able to play well with the changes.
                      UNH

Comment

That was exactly how I expected them to play. They always seem to have rust on them the first game back. I can't even remember the last time we won the game over break. It's been a few years I know that. Hopefully they'll be back at it and will be able to play well with the changes.
                        Maine last year???
                        UNH Wildcats

Comment

Maine last year???
                          Ok so I can't remember last year or games I was at, but before that.

So I looked it up.
                          07-08 Loss to UND
                          06-07 Loss to Cornell
                          05-06 Loss to Niagra
                          04-05 Loss to Michigan State
                          03-04 Loss to Yale

I had to go back to 02-03, we beat Yale
                          UNH

Comment

Ok so I can't remember last year or games I was at, but before that.

So I looked it up.
                            07-08 Loss to UND
                            06-07 Loss to Cornell
                            05-06 Loss to Niagra
                            04-05 Loss to Michigan State
                            03-04 Loss to Yale

I had to go back to 02-03, we beat Yale
                            Im too lazy to actually look this up, but was 02-03 the last year of the Governors Cup? If so, that tournament was one of the better ones around at the time, and gave UNH and Maine the opportunity to play that extra game in many seasons...
                            UNH Wildcats

Comment

Im too lazy to actually look this up, but was 02-03 the last year of the Governors Cup? If so, that tournament was one of the better ones around at the time, and gave UNH and Maine the opportunity to play that extra game in many seasons...
                              02-03 had the Denver Cup, we beat Clarkson and then lost to Denver.

Just found it... Governor's Cup played in 98-99
                              UNH

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                                Wow, we've reached Thursday of a HUGE weekend for UNH, and the only discussion on here has been about sparkling jerseys. Quite disappointing I must say, Wildcat Nation.
                                The lack of poster enthusiasm/interest has been striking as of late. Perhaps one reason is the absence of "let's b*tch about Coach Umile" posts. IMO this has been a year of redemption for Coach Umile and his staff. He has taken a very young, inexperienced team and gotten them to correct chronic mistakes made by previous, more talented teams. Two areas of improvement stand out - team defense and aggressive/consistent hustle.

Following the lackluster performance against Cornell, the Coach had the team working on what turned their season around in November. Here's a quote from DeSimone in the Concord Monitor:
                                "The last two days we've just gotten back to, basically, battle drills," center Phil DeSimone said after Wednesday's workout. "(Coach Dick Umile) wasn't really pleased with the way we played defensively against Cornell, and the last two days it's honestly been the two hardest practices of the year in regards to battling guys and stuff, so it's gotten pretty intense. I think we've gotten back to that pretty quickly the past two days."

This is reminiscent of the brutal practices that saw Butler and others running up and down the stairways of the Whitt following the first UMass Lowell game in which the team took too many penalties.

Also, I thought the coach's decision to pull Foster with several minutes remaining in the Cornell game was imaginative. Although it didn't result in any UNH goals, it did lead to a few good shots on goal. Reminds me of Coach Parker's brilliant decision to pull Milan in the championship game last spring against Miami.

Let's give Coach Umile credit where credit is due.
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X