X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
    any idea if the Cornell game is still on?

Cornell might be ranked #4 in the Coaches poll, but they are #23 in PWR. UNH is 12th.

Last 3 games.. a tie to a relatively decent Union team(#18 PWR), a Loss to CC (#4 in PWR) and to Princeton(not in the top 25 of PWR).
    I heard that the Cornell game is still on ESPNU yes.

Anyway this might be a little late, but if you want to see some of the mid-week press conference from this week here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro9I7OahYF4

Comment

The game should be on...most of the snow is projected to fall north of Durham and into north western portions of Maine. It's going to be windy as he11 and a lot of snow will be blowing around, but I don't think that it's going to be bad enough to warrant a cancellation.

According to Foster's Daily Democrat, both Krates and Foster will be playing tomorrow:
      Link
      sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
        The game should be on...most of the snow is projected to fall north of Durham and into north western portions of Maine. It's going to be windy as he11 and a lot of snow will be blowing around, but I don't think that it's going to be bad enough to warrant a cancellation.

According to Foster's Daily Democrat, both Krates and Foster will be playing tomorrow:
        Link
        We don't have crazy amounts of snow over here. I've seen worse snow storms where games have still gone on.
        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

They played that Maine game 2 seasons ago in a blizzard on a Sunday because they had already moved it to Sunday for ESPNU.. with maybe 2000 people in the building. It will happen.

Comment

Anyone know if I need a ticket for my 2 1/2 year old grandson for Sunday's game? I figure given the Marty $$ factor it will probably be full price with surcharges.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              Any thoughts on tomorrow's game against #4 (though not after their Florida tourney performance) Cornell? I've been looking forward to seeing them play on Lake Whitt for a while...
              According to most, Cornell really struggled with the speed of CC - so you'd expect UNH to give them trouble on the big sheet...
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by huesie View Post
                Anyone know if I need a ticket for my 2 1/2 year old grandson for Sunday's game? I figure given the Marty $$ factor it will probably be full price with surcharges.

Thanks
                2 and under are free i believe
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

By the way, the game starts at 3:00 pm, not the 4:00 pm noted on USCHO.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                    2 and under are free i believe
                    Thanks for the response Darci

Comment

Happy Snowy Sunday to all in coastal New England! Any thoughts about todays game? A well rested UNH team coming off 2+ weeks of holiday rest, against a Cornell team that had a bad(at best) showing in Florida against CC and Princeton. Cornell has traditionally been a slower, hitting team which UNH has not fared well against this season. (see RPI, Wisconsin) Cornell has had difficultly with teams that can outskate them for 60 minutes.

Its going to be tough for this to be a good bar game for those of us outside New England. (Redskins on here locally, even though they suck. NFL playoff implications abound including DC's other team Dallas)

I am of the theory that the big sheet will play big into UNH's favor, and Scrivens isn't that good to overcome defensive lapses. UNH 4-2
                      UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

I wasn't at either of the Wisconsin games, but I'm glad I was able to see at least one of the um, "replays" today at the Whitt.

Absolutely pathetic effort today by the 'Cats...undersized to Cornell, yes, but no effort in getting to the puck. It should have been 8-2 weren't it not for a few fortunate bounces of the puck.

On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

I wasn't at either of the Wisconsin games, but I'm glad I was able to see at least one of the um, "replays" today at the Whitt.

Absolutely pathetic effort today by the 'Cats...undersized to Cornell, yes, but no effort in getting to the puck. It should have been 8-2 weren't it not for a few fortunate bounces of the puck.
                          Today's game wasn't like the Wisconsin games in my opinion.

Big kudos to Foster for keeping us in this one. He played a pretty good game.
                          UNH

Comment

haven't seen sean collins get a game winner at the whit for a while. Good times.
                            "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                              Today's game wasn't like the Wisconsin games in my opinion.

Big kudos to Foster for keeping us in this one. He played a pretty good game.
                              Foster was indeed the hero, if there was one. Like I said, easily an 8-2 win without some killer saves on his part. Also noteworthy that at least UNH shut down Cornell's vaunted powerplay, including a 5 on 3. But UNH played as if Cornell was on a permanent PP, too much standing around in the defensive end and lack of aggressiveness in getting to the puck. Lackluster effort by Bobby Butler as well. I don't know, this team was starting to show some promise in December, the best non-conference record that they can hope for now is 1-5-1, assuming that they can beat Dartmouth. Yeah, the non-league schedule was brutal, but it could have paid huge PWR dividends with a couple of key wins. Winning the HE championship is about the only prayer this team has in making the NCAA's.

Comment

Winning the HE championship is about the only prayer this team has in making the NCAA's.
                                Hogwash. They were 12th in the PWR going into today, and the Cornell loss shows just how important each win is. With eight games still to play against TUC's (5 at home), there are plenty of opportunities left for this team to redeem themselves. They were playing great going into the break, and regularly lose their first game after christmas. Let's not start jumping ship over one loss to a very good team.
                                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X