X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
    isn't cam ried still attending unh next year though?
    He is and I should have included that as a preface. Still though, it would be nice to have him on this year's squad.
    "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
      philly has been pretty awful in their last few games. Glad to see UNH didn't screw up jvrs NHL career all that much
      Certainly didn't hurt it at all.

I went to the game last night, and it was obvious that Philly hasn't really taught him to hit either. That's just not in his game, as he was clearly avoiding contact when possible in a particularly chippy game. Guess he won't be the next Dave Schultz.
      A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
        Certainly didn't hurt it at all.

I went to the game last night, and it was obvious that Philly hasn't really taught him to hit either. That's just not in his game, as he was clearly avoiding contact when possible in a particularly chippy game. Guess he won't be the next Dave Schultz.
        Judging by the fact that the Flyers lead the nhl in penalty minutes, they don't need him to play that role. They need guys to put pucks in the net.
        Last edited by RockTheWhit; 12-15-2009, 08:37 PM.
        "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

I'm so heartened by the resurgence of the team, the play of the captains. It's been pretty gutty at times. The horrible weekends at the hands of Wisco and Miami early may have skewed the picture, but the Cats are sitting fairly pretty right now, with no teams having a lot of games in hand. We've been here before, hitting our stride in December. Will Dickie keep the boys on top of their game? Has he ever?
          "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
          Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
            Judging by the face that the Flyers lead the nhl in penalty minutes, they don't need him to play that role. They need guys to put pucks in the net.
            Watching the Flyers play the Penguins right now... Philly takes the stupid stick penalties as opposed to a penalty out of necessity (just like JvR did many times at UNH)... JvR still needs to stop floating around on the ice...
            UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

This just in from bizarro.com:

Rachel Uchitel (UNH, '96) was successfully recruited by Coach Umile. "Who said we can't attract top talent?" the coach was rumored to have said.
              In related news, Coach Borek denies sending Uchitel hundreds of e-mails when she was 15.

In another vicious rumor, which is yet to be confirmed or denied, the lowly UNH Wildcats are reportedly in first place in Hockey East.
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                This just in from bizarro.com:

Rachel Uchitel (UNH, '96) was successfully recruited by Coach Umile. "Who said we can't attract top talent?" the coach was rumored to have said.
                In related news, Coach Borek denies sending Uchitel hundreds of e-mails when she was 15.

In another vicious rumor, which is yet to be confirmed or denied, the lowly UNH Wildcats are reportedly in first place in Hockey East.
                Now thats funny.........Scouting reports say the recruit has a nice set of.........hands...
                PSW
                watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Too bad that the Cats do not have a "floater" this year to feed Sislo, eh?

Comment

• UNH Jersey for sale

Selling a home UNH hockey jersey--never been worn. My girlfriend won it at a silent auction last year for me but I always wear my away jersey. Size Medium and Koronis brand. Need to move this out of my closet and thought I'd pass on a good deal to a Wildcat fan out there!

Looking for $50 including shipping anywhere in the US. Shoot me a Private Message or e-mail me at stuck0@hotmail.com for pictures or more information. Thanks!

Ben

Comment

So, looking ahead . . .

The upcoming game for the 'Cats concerns me a little. Coach Schafer always has the Big Red 'up' for their first game back from break, and I know Cornell is looking forward to playing us at the Whit.

The team that we've seen on the ice recently can skate with Cornell. The question is, will they? The captains this year impress me, and I think that the 'Cats will come out ready to play. However, the consistently dismal atmosphere in the Whit will probably be at its worst for the year -- two days after New Year's, mid afternoon game, on a Sunday. This lack of energy may make it more difficult for the 'Cats to stay up for the game. I will be (pleasantly) surprised to see attendance top 5,000; if it does, I won't be shocked to see a large number of Red and White jerseys (I'll be sitting with some -- shhhh).

It feels like I haven't watched the 'Cats skate in months and months . . . so I'd appreciate somebody else's more informed opinion on the upcoming game -- if for no other reason than work is really boring here at UNH, two days before Christmas . . .
                      I haven't been on here in a year...
                      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

The Cats enter break with a seven game unbeaten streak. This is their longest such streak since they went to break with 12 unbeaten in 2006-2007. That year, it was Cornell who knocked them off the first game back in the Florida College Classic in a game with no atmosphere. I'm hoping we won't be seeing history repeat itself...

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                          The Cats enter break with a seven game unbeaten streak. This is their longest such streak since they went to break with 12 unbeaten in 2006-2007. That year, it was Cornell who knocked them off the first game back in the Florida College Classic in a game with no atmosphere. I'm hoping we won't be seeing history repeat itself...
                          Hey, we did what we could! At least we made friends with the sound guy, and got him to play UNH's music. Including "Black Betty". One of the last times we heard it at a UNH hockey game, if I'm not mistaken (thanks, Interim Pres ).

UNH always seems to play lethargic right after break. Pretty similar to the beginning of this year, actually.
                          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                          -Fred Shero

Comment

Well after watching the bruins winter classic game today, I am now ready for the second half of the Wildcats season to commence. Congrats to all Bruins fans for watchign their team be the first home team to win a winter classic game! Tim Thomas is an idiot, but, he is a catamount so it is understandable knowing their student section.

Does anyone know the status of Foster since his injury due to the Kevin McCarey goalie rush at practice?
                            Last edited by MagicCat; 01-01-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicCat View Post
                              Tim Thomas is an idiot, but, he is a catamount so it is understandable knowing their student section.
                              Neat post.

Happy New Year 'Cats fans!

Any thoughts on tomorrow's game against #4 (though not after their Florida tourney performance) Cornell? I've been looking forward to seeing them play on Lake Whitt for a while, and can't wait to hopefully go to Lynah next season (any idea when, in the season?)

Comment

any idea if the Cornell game is still on?

Cornell might be ranked #4 in the Coaches poll, but they are #23 in PWR. UNH is 12th.

Last 3 games.. a tie to a relatively decent Union team(#18 PWR), a Loss to CC (#4 in PWR) and to Princeton(not in the top 25 of PWR).
                                GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Working...
                                X