X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    What has happened to all the UNH fans that would travel with them. I might have seen 20 fans of the Kitties last night at the game.
    How many PC fans were there? Not many (1392 total in attendance).

Agreed...tough to get to Providence for a 7 PM Friday game and not have issues with the miserable traffic on 95. Unfortunately the next game @ Schneider falls on a Friday night as well (Jan. 22).

You guys do know I am a UNH grad right???
    So why keep crapping on your alma mater's hockey team? I mean, I'm a SNHU grad, and I don't crap on that team.
    Last edited by Mosrite; 12-12-2009, 05:44 PM.
    sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

There were more than 20 fans doing cheers it seemed, and many more scattered around.

I smell a bitter PC fan. Hmm

Comment

I grew up with going to the Friars games so it tears me apart to watch the two teams play.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

You guys do know I am a UNH grad right???

What has happened to all the UNH fans that would travel with them. I might have seen 20 fans of the Kitties last night at the game.
          Yup, and I remember when you were posting regularly, and ripped on UNH (and the fans) nearly constantly.

As for the traveling, I don't know what to tell you. I know that the groups that went down when I was in school a few years ago have thinned out due to graduation and people getting jobs/moving away. Things change, the economy sucks, gas/vehicle upkeep is more expensive than a few years back. There were enough of us there to irritate the PC student fans with our cheering.
          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
          -Fred Shero

Comment

I grew up with going to the Friars games so it tears me apart to watch the two teams play.
            Hahaha 'tears me apart' and 'disgusted to see so few UNH fans'. Hyperbole is fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
              There were more than 20 fans doing cheers it seemed, and many more scattered around.

I smell a bitter PC fan. Hmm
              I don't know what to tell you: what cbg said was correct. That was the worst attended game involving these two schools I've ever seen at the Coffin.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                I don't know what to tell you: what cbg said was correct. That was the worst attended game involving these two schools I've ever seen at the Coffin.
                I couldn't even convince my daughter, "the former DHG", to go to the game...and she goes to school literally a mile away from PC.
                UNH

Comment

My first trip ever to the coffin last friday, and the goonish atmosphere definatley stood out. the student crowd was vulgar and appartently only figured out how to read in the third period when the stopped chanting at foster(thinking he has in goal) but sitting about 15 rows behind the UNH fans. About 10 of the student stood on the first row of seats and hung over the top of the glass, it was just uncalled for and was more than likely not the atmosphere that providence college wants to see. Other than that the UNH offense took the fans out of the game in the second, and then the coffin got very quiet, regained a little momentum in the third but the cats hung on for a victory.

The goals that were called back were legit. The man in the crease interfered with Digi, and the other call, the puck did not cross the line. Digi made a sprawling save with the help of a well placed dman stick.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicCat View Post
                    My first trip ever to the coffin last friday, and the goonish atmosphere definatley stood out. the student crowd was vulgar and appartently only figured out how to read in the third period when the stopped chanting at foster(thinking he has in goal) but sitting about 15 rows behind the UNH fans. About 10 of the student stood on the first row of seats and hung over the top of the glass, it was just uncalled for and was more than likely not the atmosphere that providence college wants to see.
                    haha, like they care, they are just glad SOME people showed up to that s-hole of a rink for a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      I couldn't even convince my daughter, "the former DHG", to go to the game...and she goes to school literally a mile away from PC.
                      Maybe Roboshark was involved.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Wildshawn- And we thank you for your continued patronage...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

JVR and the Flyers are currently playing the B's at the Gahden.......looks like he is on line 2 getting plenty of ice time.

Comment

Originally posted by CatMan UNH View Post
                          JVR and the Flyers are currently playing the B's at the Gahden.......looks like he is on line 2 getting plenty of ice time.
                          Nice goal by Reemer to tie the game at 1 early in the 3rd period, his 7th of the season, first in the last 13 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                            Nice goal by Reemer to tie the game at 1 early in the 3rd period, his 7th of the season, first in the last 13 games.
                            philly has been pretty awful in their last few games. Glad to see UNH didn't screw up jvrs NHL career all that much
                            "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Here are the stats of the three guys who were supposed to be a part of this year's freshman class but did not show up for different reasons:
                              Ryan Bourque(QMJHL):12-15-27 in 31 games
                              Matt White(USHL): 17-26-43 in 22 games (leading USHL in goals, points and +/-)
                              Cam Reid(BCHL): 16-31-47 in 31 games

While this year's team is gelling nicely at this halfway point of the season, it is hard to look at these numbers and not think what could have been...
                              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

isn't cam ried still attending unh next year though?
                                "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Working...
                                X