This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

McCarey hasn't done much with the time he has been given this year, I'd rather see the lines that are out there stay together. We finally got balanced scoring out of all four lines last weekend and you think now is a time to change.

McCarey needs to sit and earn his playing time back in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicCat View Post
      McCarey hasn't done much with the time he has been given this year, I'd rather see the lines that are out there stay together. We finally got balanced scoring out of all four lines last weekend and you think now is a time to change.

McCarey needs to sit and earn his playing time back in practice.
      I agree with Magic here. I don't see any reason to change the top two lines. I would put Henrion on the third with Speelman and Borisenok who can both get him the puck. Then Burke goes to the 4th with Manz and Block. McCarey, at this point, looks lost out there and is not a top 12 forward. I would mix Pavelski in with a game here and there at the Whitt where he can really showcase his skating ability.
      The real question here is who sits when Krates gets back? All six d-men are playing well right now, and that stared with Kostolansky getting regular playing time. However, Krates is a senior and was a top 3 d-man when he left the lineup.
      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

So guys, how's it going? Nice to see the Cats are doing well again.

It just really isn't the same if we don't have UNH kicking butt before Christmas like they always do (they do well in January and February too, it's just those pesky March and April months that get in the way of a great season!).

Everyone have a great Holiday season if I don't get around here again until after the Holidays.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post

Henrion, looks and plays a lot like Thompson, but a bit more physical as a Frosh. Kid is a natural shooter/scorer, whereas, Thompson gets a lot of pucks down low. Can't recall the last offensive forward that laid out so many hits. Henrion was a regular on the USNPDT last yr and as someone noted earlier, the more playing time he gets with solid guys the better. I think he's a bit lost right now, irregular PT.. and for a top end kid.. I just don't think that's what you want.
          I don't see Henrion as a natural scorer. His stats out of USNDT are similar to McCarey's (forget EJ the stats).

McCarey - 64g -20g-11a- 31pts
          Henrion 58 -19g-12a -31pts
          Both can be solid players moving froward but they need to improve. Henrion has not shown much. He has a tough time on the boards breaking the puck out,doesn't make any plays in the neutral zone and offensive zone, not the best skater. Hitting?......he took at bad penlty in UVM game by slashing someone away from the play.
          High end player ....not right now...
          PSW
          watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
            I agree with Magic here. I don't see any reason to change the top two lines. I would put Henrion on the third with Speelman and Borisenok who can both get him the puck. Then Burke goes to the 4th with Manz and Block. McCarey, at this point, looks lost out there and is not a top 12 forward. I would mix Pavelski in with a game here and there at the Whitt where he can really showcase his skating ability.
            The real question here is who sits when Krates gets back? All six d-men are playing well right now, and that stared with Kostolansky getting regular playing time. However, Krates is a senior and was a top 3 d-man when he left the lineup.
            If held at gunpoint, my answer to that would be Connor Hardowa. Of all the defensive improvement we've seen in the past month, I haven't really noticed him that much from what I've seen. Granted, I didn't make road trips outside of Lowell and Merrimack, so if he showed something in Amherst or at BU that I didn't see, then chalk it up to my lack of seeing anything. But from what I've been able to see...UVM game included (thanks ESPNU ) Hardowa really hasn't stood out.
            A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by PSW View Post
              I don't see Henrion as a natural scorer. His stats out of USNDT are similar to McCarey's (forget EJ the stats).
              Good idea to ignore Henrion's Junior Bruins season(as a 16 year old) with 34-19-53 in 45 games . From watching him in practices and warmups, the kid has one of the best shots on the team. Given the opportunity to play with a passer (like Moses in the Jr. Bruins season I mentioned), he will put up goals. In comparing the play of McCarey and Henrion this year(I'm no scout, but I have been to every UNH game), Henrion brings to the table a great shot along with hustle and grit. McCarey avoids contact, makes panic decisions with the puck that lead to turnovers, and never seems to be in the right position. To me, it seems like he lacks any real hockey sense and I would play Henrion over him every game until their play dictates otherwise.
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                My vote:
                Thompson-DeSimone-Butler
                Burke-LeBlanc-Sislo
                Speelman-Borisenok-Moses = Ridiculous Speed
                Manz-Block-McCarey
                How could I have forgotten Henrion! Sometimes I can be a bit of a dope. As some of my previous posts have said, I think Henrion has a great future. My revised fourth line would be:
                Henrion-Block-McCarey/Manz
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

I would not sit Hardowa at all.. Big strong kid, keeps his composure and after Kessel, has the second highest plus minus on team. The fact that he hasn't stood out, is probably a good thing! My guess is that Umile would choose mobility.

On Henrion. RTW! He is a top tallent. I hope that he gets more regular PT on the 3rd line most likely, for now.
                  GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

I would not sit Hardowa at all.. Big strong kid, keeps his composure and after Kessel, has the second highest plus minus on team. The fact that he hasn't stood out, is probably a good thing! My guess is that Umile would choose mobility.
                    That's why it's such a tough call. Obviously Kessel will play. Campanale, Kipp, Kosto, Hardowa and Beck all bring something to the table and are each playing very well at the moment. Earlier in the year I would have guessed Beck to be the odd man out, but he has really picked up his play in the defensive zone the last few weeks.

Comment

On Henrion. RTW! He is a top tallent. I hope that he gets more regular PT on the 3rd line most likely, for now.
                      Of the group I think Hardowa is the least moble. His biggest weakness looks to be his skating. There is a reason beyond his size why he gets to keep the front of the net clean and his partner does most of the chasing down low.

From my seat Kessel, Kostolansky, Campanale are in. Beck, Kipp and Hardowa are playing to see who sits when Krates comes back. Tough call and my guess is they will wait for Krates to be "100%" before he comes back. Even after that there will be some rotation to keep guys playing.
                      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        Of the group I think Hardowa is the least moble. His biggest weakness looks to be his skating. There is a reason beyond his size why he gets to keep the front of the net clean and his partner does most of the chasing down low.

From my seat Kessel, Kostolansky, Campanale are in. Beck, Kipp and Hardowa are playing to see who sits when Krates comes back. Tough call and my guess is they will wait for Krates to be "100%" before he comes back. Even after that there will be some rotation to keep guys playing.
                        I really can't see Kipp sitting. He's not one of my favorite players but he has been playing pretty well recently and I just can't see coach sitting him.
                        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

I agree with RTW, Henrion has one of the best shots ive seen, doesn't need a ton of room to get it off either. Give him someone who can draw a bit of attention and he will put up good numbers. Im not putting stock into McCaret and Henrions stats coming in, just what they have shown at games and practices. McCarey turns the puck over alot, Henrion forechecks extremely hard and lays out good hits in his own zone. I would play him over McCarey until McCarey shows something different.

I also think BECK might be the odd man out. Kostolansky has played well in the time he has been given, Kipp has an outstanding shot, Kessel enough said, Hardowa has been played in every situation doubt coach will sit him. Let Krates get to 100%, and play him taking out whoever is weak and practice following the break.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                            I really can't see Kipp sitting. He's not one of my favorite players but he has been playing pretty well recently and I just can't see coach sitting him.
                            I don't disagree that Kipp has been playing well but neither Beck nor Hardowa are playing poorly. With as well as this group has played of late this is a good problem to have. Somebody will probably get dung up making this decision easier, always seems to happen. I do think you could see Kipp, Hardowa and Beck split time.
                            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                              I don't disagree that Kipp has been playing well but neither Beck nor Hardowa are playing poorly. With as well as this group has played of late this is a good problem to have. Somebody will probably get dung up making this decision easier, always seems to happen. I do think you could see Kipp, Hardowa and Beck split time.
                              It is definately a good problem to have. My only reasoning is I just can't see coach sitting Kipp. I couldn't really tell you why I just don't see him doing it. I wouldn't mind the 3 of them splitting time, healthy competition is always a good thing.
                              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

"...sophomore Matt DiGirolamo in goal tonight..."

http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...5-70c6441696bc
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X