This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

actually the new glass over by my seats near the penalty boxes were pretty dirty still, it was very awkwad looking with the taller glass but once the game started i didnt even notice it.

Comment

With the install of the new higher glass, say goodbye to the tradition leaning over the glass and "high fiving" the team at the end of the season, when they skate around the rink. Overall, I thought the new glass had no impairment on viewing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
        Quick question for fans at the game. I heard a rumor that they were putting new glass up, taller glass. It looked on TV like it was higher, can anyone confirm this is the case? It'll sure make it tougher for photos in an already tough arena to shoot in (thanks to filthy unkept glass on the ends and in the corners).... If they did replace it, was it just the sides or did the end glass get replaced and is it clean?
        Yup, they did. I was enjoying my seats immensly, because I was actually able to hear the players, and, well . . . say really nice things to the opponents goalie in the second period. And the refs. I think they liked it (hey, I kept it clean . . . I just needed to know what Miami's goalie was celebrating . . .).

Sightlines not affected, and there's a good foot and a half of glass above the posts. Clean, too.

Darci, should have had the drum majors last night bring windex, eh?
        I haven't been on here in a year...
        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Why did the decide on higher glass now? Has there been an unusual number of pucks into the crowd this season? Just seems odd after 14 years they change it two games into the season.
          GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
            Why did the decide on higher glass now? Has there been an unusual number of pucks into the crowd this season? Just seems odd after 14 years they change it two games into the season.
            Because they don't like me

Comment

JVR with his first NHL goal, adds an assist. Now 5-1-5-6 totals.
              **** UNH for screwing him up, right neanderthal Holmgren?
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

What fun hydroplaning through the monsoon on the way home.

Well Wildcat fans - a pretty exciting young team, don't you think? If this is considered a rebuilding year for both UNH and Maine, I'd say UNH has built up a handsome lead.

(1) Connor (Pronger) Hardowa - how long has it been since UNH has had a defenseman who delivers such bone-crushing, clean hits? Maybe Chris Murray or Robbie Baker. Hardowa is a large, intimidating figure who can also handle the puck.

(2) "Dalton Speelman"?? Sounds like a frat brother from the movie "Animal House". Was there anything in his recruitment scouting report to suggest that he'd be the first line, left winger on a Division I team? Leblanc and Butler must see something in this kid or he wouldn't be on their line. His style reminds me a little of Danny Dries except Speelman has an intact frontal lobe (the brain structure which inhibits impulsive behavior).

(3) Blake seems to have spent the summer playing one-on-one with brother Phil. Please stay at least until your junior year!

(4) Most Improved Player - Mike Borisenok ("no question," as Coach Umile would say).

(5) Steve Moses for Mayor.

(6) Desimone is still Mr. Enigma. Does he really know what he is trying to do with the puck - other than playing keep away from the opponents, as well as his teammates? Sislo is dying on the vine waiting for Desimone to set him up. One positive sign - Desimone seemed to be entering the offensive zone in the middle lane (rather than all over the place) with his wingers waiting to see what he'll do.

(7) Campanale continues to impress and he seems to be gushing with confidence.

(8) Beck continues to be shaky. He seems to lose track of his man when the puck goes behind the net and Foster.

(9) McCarey and Henrion are guys to watch. A player doesn't make it into the U.S. National Development program without having some talent.

Let's savor the current status of being undefeated in Hockey East competition.
                Don't forget to make sure that Kessel gets back on the plane after the swing through Wisconsin.
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post

Stevie

Makes him sound like a ten year old but all media, including written, is careful to call him that this year.

Comment

Well Wildcat fans - a pretty exciting young team, don't you think? If this is considered a rebuilding year for both UNH and Maine, I'd say UNH has built up a handsome lead.

(4) Most Improved Player - Mike Borisenok ("no question," as Coach Umile would say).

(7) Campanale continues to impress and he seems to be gushing with confidence.

(9) McCarey and Henrion are guys to watch. A player doesn't make it into the U.S. National Development program without having some talent.
                    Coming into the season who would have thought that these names would be the impact players on this UNH team. With the exception of Henrion, who many thought, coming into the season, was a top line player, these lines of spare parts and scrappers have put together interesting combinations.

While I don't expect big things out of Northeastern and Maine this season, I thought that the games would be tighter than they turned out to be. Big weekend upcoming in Wisconsin, hopefully the Cats can maintain some momentum in Madison.
                    UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                      Look at the new glass this way. It will allow our sometimes shaky defensemen an improved option of clearing the zone. Those high banks off the glass and out to center ice will turn out to be a god send this year, you watch.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post

While I don't expect big things out of Northeastern and Maine this season, I thought that the games would be tighter than they turned out to be.
                        clearly

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                        So who is ready for 0-6??? Its a serious possibility

Comment

(2) "Dalton Speelman"?? Sounds like a frat brother from the movie "Animal House". Was there anything in his recruitment scouting report to suggest that he'd be the first line, left winger on a Division I team? Leblanc and Butler must see something in this kid or he wouldn't be on their line. His style reminds me a little of Danny Dries except Speelman has an intact frontal lobe (the brain structure which inhibits impulsive behavior).
                          I agree with your characterization completely. Speelman, while definitely possessing faster skating ability than Dries, reminds me a lot of Dries during his freshman year. With both guys, it was surprising at first to see them on the first line with two top seniors (Radja and Fornataro in the case of Dries). However, Dries excelled at picking up the garbage goals and those two could create for him. In the two games this weekend, Speelman showed that while he is quite small, he can mix it up in the corners, throw some hits, and finish in tight.
                          I was excited to see scoring from all 4 lines this weekend, with lines 1-2 on Friday and 3-4 Saturday. Can't wait for Wisco!
                          Last edited by RockTheWhit; 10-25-2009, 12:32 PM.
                          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Strange moment from the end of one of the games ~3 minutes left.

UNH ices the puck just after a penalty ends, guy comming out of the box jumps on the bench and a guy jumps of the bench to be on the ice.

Linesman doesn't let UNH change and pulls the guy from the box of the bench. Sends all 6 to the face-off. One UNH player, I don't know who. was standing next the ref and they are both counting the 6 UNH players. All of a sudden the UNH Player looks at the ref and shrugs.

I can only imagine the conversation.

Ref " there are 6 of you"

UNH player "the linesman sent us all out here"

"Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

A great weekend for UNH sports. I loved the sweep of the two weak sisters of HE, and I'll never get sentimental about whacking the snot out of an opponent; believe me, there are plenty of HE teams who'd love to see UNH fall flat on their collective faces and who'd savor every moment of the routs.
                              But in all seriousness, the trip to Wisco looms, and our euphoria might be short-lived. We have another blue-collar ethic squad here, but effort can only get the team so far. I still look for Butler and LeBlanc to lead the team, but while Foster is a very good and experienced goalkeeper, the defense is suspect. To make things worse, the power play is an abomination.
                              "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                              Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                                To make things worse, the power play is an abomination.
                                I disagree completely. They have hit at a 20% rate, and this weekend they were consistently generating great chances on the pp. The pp looked awful against RPI, showed signs of improvement against Miami, and was very good against NU and Maine. They are moving the puck a lot quicker, getting the goalie moving laterally and setting up one-timers. Far from an abomination in my opinion.
                                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X