X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
    Any word at all on Captain, Peter LeBlanc? He did not look good calapsing to the ice. Hip or knee? He appeared to not want to put any weight on the left leg at all. Hope he's all right.
    I didn't get a clear view of how he got hurt it was along the boards on my side of the ice so you can see the players legs.

It looked like the trainer was checking his leg above the knee in Quad area. I wondered if it was a really bad charlie horse.
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      I didn't get a clear view of how he got hurt it was along the boards on my side of the ice so you can see the players legs.

It looked like the trainer was checking his leg above the knee in Quad area. I wondered if it was a really bad charlie horse.
      Leblanc suffered from serious cramping... he will be fine, probably not has hydrated as he should have been.

An this will be the last of facilities for me. I think UNH has a really nice set up and personally i dont see anything wrong with it. My point is that BU went and built the trump plaza of hockey rinks one hour away, thats going to sting and effect recruiting. Does Nodak need marble floors? no, but it looks good and is tough to say no to.

And one final comment on BC kids- something you are not considering which is a FACT, is these kids are getting agents/advisors at 15-16 years old. If you are a Vancouver agent, where would you like him to go to school? Personally Id keep him in the WCHA because I wouldnt be too high on flying across country to see him twice a year. When kids committ early, its the advisor that sets the whole thing up. And the majority of the Vancouver guys like their guys closer and in an area that isnt populated by other competing agents like Boston. Legglia, Downing, and Reid all share the same "advisor" I was told, which is obviously I nice relationship for UNH.

This trend of kids committing early and getting agents so young was not the case 6-7 years ago- The recruiting game has changed alot. In the past you did not really have to grease the advisors, because generally the kids did not get agents until they got to college, not the case anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
        An this will be the last of facilities for me. I think UNH has a really nice set up and personally i dont see anything wrong with it. My point is that BU went and built the trump plaza of hockey rinks one hour away, thats going to sting and effect recruiting. Does Nodak need marble floors? no, but it looks good and is tough to say no to.
        Except that you are stuck out in North Dakota and there isn't anything to do out there but drink I guess.

I was pleased with the play last night but right now goaltending is my question (granted we did just play the #1 team in the country).
        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
          Except that you are stuck out in North Dakota and there isn't anything to do out there but drink I guess.
          How is that so different than Durham???
          UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
            Durham is prettier I think and our trees don't grow in straight lines. And we are close to places.
            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Just over an hour to Boston vs about 4 hours to Minneapolis. Slight difference. Also: hills.

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
              And ride elevators.
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                And ride elevators.
                Very true. Just don't get stuck.
                UNH

Comment

And ride elevators.
                  All I have to say is Stoke...
                  UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

All I have to say is Stoke...
                    Not all of us had to endure that building thankfully
                    The Hoser Blog: Possibly the greatest internet find....ever

Originally posted by unh_hockey
                    Unfortunately, all the accusations against Mr. Rougier are accurate. he's been indited twice on operating in illegal drug and gambling rings in Newark NJ, Tampa Fl, and even in Hong Kong. Caught twice by inter pol, he's somehow managed to escape and post evil rumors on a college hockey board. I have taken proper measures to contact the FBI.

Comment

Some pics from Saturday night since none were used w/ the story - http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...s-mens-hockey/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Just over an hour to Boston vs about 4 hours to Minneapolis. Slight difference. Also: hills.

And ride elevators.
                        They have elevators now!!!
                        Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                        2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

I said this in the SU thread for game two against Miami, but I think win or lose this team is going to be as entertaining to watch as any we've seen in Durham in awhile. We have lots of issues, especially defensively and apparently now in net, but man they are fun to watch/listen to. I love the way these guys skate and create oppurtunities in the offensive zone. If the PP ever starts to click, they could become a real offensive power house. Defense always takes time, especially with the number of frosh/sophs we have. Kessel is amazing, and I think the rest just need time. Keep in mind I'm basing this entirely on what I hear on the radio. I of course defer to those who have the oppurtunity to watch the team.
                          Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                          2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Good to see Umile follow Charlie Holt by being inducted into the NH Hockey HOF yesterday. He's certainly deserving of it. Bob Norton was also inducted.
                            "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
                              I said this in the SU thread for game two against Miami, but I think win or lose this team is going to be as entertaining to watch as any we've seen in Durham in awhile.
                              Well, if the D/Goaltending doesn't improve, this team will have to score a lot of goals to compete, and we'll see a lot of barn-burning/nail-biting. I think there are going to be a lot of games where UNH will have to rely on late goals to come back and eke out wins/ties.
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

As hockey fans go, I think that, regardless of the lack of championship trophies we see in the trophy case, UNH fans are pretty spoiled by the year-to-year success the hockey team has had. I, for one, am always clamoring for The Holy Grail. But now that we've seen a less than auspicious start to the season, here we go again with the finger-pointing.
                                Let's get one thing clear: it's not a mortal sin for a hockey program to undergo a rebuilding year. And, I get more satisfaction from an over-achieving low-potential squad than I get from a bunch of slacking prima donnas who show no consistency and can't sweep the weak teams on a home-and-away weekend.
                                This weekend it's Northeastern, who cruised by Bentley 3-2, and Maine, who apparently have a lame duck, dead duck coach. This should be interesting.
                                "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                                Larry David

Comment

Working...
                                X