X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season

Maybe Mr. Umile can sign this kid up:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,195876
    "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
    Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
      Maybe Mr. Umile can sign this kid up:
      http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,195876
      Don't worry, he's already been emailed.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        I was kinda wondering the same thing. I was curious as to redhawkman10's response to my post disproving his theory that a slow start would doom a team to completely missing the NCAAs. Apparently it was to delete his thread. He's a quick one, indeed.
        I've been on this board how long and didn't realize you could do that!

Anyway, he misunderstood and misquoted me. Do I want UNH to lose both games, no. Is it a good sign if they lose both games, no. However, do two losses in October doom your season, by no means. UNH has their hands full this weekend for sure, but I do think we will learn alot about this year's team by the end of Saturday night. Either way, sweep or swept, I will not get overly excited at this point in the season.
        Last edited by d.gerry; 10-15-2009, 09:40 AM.
        GO BLUE!

Comment

Any word on Kessel's status? Is Moses going to be in the lineup this weekend?

Comment

Moses will be back on the first line with Leblanc and Butler.
            Kessel has been practicing this week and should be back as well.
            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
              Moses will be back on the first line with Leblanc and Butler.
              Kessel has been practicing this week and should be back as well.
              Hey, whatever happened to that blog you used to write?
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

"We definitely generated chances," Sislo said, "and we should have capitalized on more of them. ... We need to get pucks to the net more and have people around the net that's how you're going to generate most of your goals. They're not going to be the pretty goals. We want to just focus, I think, on getting in the goalie's eyes and getting pucks on net and getting the dirty goals."

From Foster's
                This is what this team is going to need to do to score goals. Now I just want to see them do it. The style they need to play all year is about grit, giving up the body and hardwork.
                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Good luck tonight, guys. Should be a good series. I'm hoping for a split. I know Miami fans and players have a lot of respect for your program's tradition and success. If you haven't noticed, we haven't had much success against Hockey East teams of late so I don't expect this to be any different.

I'll be posting my take on the series at a new blog some beer league buddies of mine and I started earlier this week at http://jacketsrequired.blogspot.com. We're also getting our Twitter feed started - @jacketsrequired - but not much there just yet.

The blog will focus on the Blue Jackets but I'm sort of the college hockey correspondent. I'll have a lot to say during the season, I'm sure.
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    This is what this team is going to need to do to score goals. Now I just want to see them do it. The style they need to play all year is about grit, giving up the body and hardwork.
                    That is easy to say (Sislo's comments), but it seems its been awhile since we have seen that kind of play in Durham. Let's hope they really mean it and actually follow through with it.
                    GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                      That is easy to say (Sislo's comments), but it seems its been awhile since we have seen that kind of play in Durham. Let's hope they really mean it and actually follow through with it.
                      Well, I actually saw it during the exhibition game. Most of those goals were either through a screen, off a tip or a rebound. I was pleasantly surprised.

It sounds like they did none of the above last weekend.
                      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                        It's not the end of the world. It was a road game against a good opponent with a good goalie. I won't take the black pill yet.
                        After tonight's performance in Durham, that black pill is starting to look a bit more appealing.
                        sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
                          After tonight's performance in Durham, that black pill is starting to look a bit more appealing.
                          Listened on the radio... Were they flat, or simply outplayed by a team with more talent and will to win???
                          UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                            Listened on the radio... Were they flat, or simply outplayed by a team with more talent and will to win???
                            A little bit of both. UNH came out flying in the first period, scored the first goal, and I actually started to feel good about the outcome of the game. Slowly but surely Miami began to take control of the game and really started beating UNH to the puck. UNH's young blueliners looked, well, young and inexperienced and never really put much of a stop on Miami's talented forwards. Foster did what he could do, but that fourth goal was clearly a back-breaker for him. It's a good thing Umile benched him in the third, he just looked a bit out of sync in the 2nd period.

Borisenok was everywhere tonight...probably the best game he's played as a Wildcat. Moses had a couple of nifty moves too...that kid has jets. I wouldn't say it was UNH's lack of talent that did them in, it was Miami's superior talent that ultimately took control of the game and won it for them. Better passing, better ice vision, and a seasoned defense. If Miami plays like tonight for the rest of the season, there aren't many teams that will get in their way.

The UNH PP was pathetic with a capital P. They didn't even generate a shot on goal until the fifth or sixth PP. Un-freakin'-acceptable. Again, they're just not communicating well and their passes are terrible.

Hoping that tomorrow's game yields a more positive outcome...if nothing else, a closer score....
                            sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
                              Foster did what he could do, but that fourth goal was clearly a back-breaker for him. It's a good thing Umile benched him in the third, he just looked a bit out of sync in the 2nd period.

Borisenok was everywhere tonight...probably the best game he's played as a Wildcat. Moses had a couple of nifty moves too...that kid has jets.

The UNH PP was pathetic with a capital P. They didn't even generate a shot on goal until the fifth or sixth PP. Un-freakin'-acceptable. Again, they're just not communicating well and their passes are terrible.
                              I've never been in love with Foster as a goaltender. Flashes of brilliance combined with moments of complete incompetence.

Borisenok has been my favorite player since last season, hard worker and has a nose for the situation that his talent would otherwise not allow. (As evidenced by his two points in the first period, despite his complete lack of talented hands)

When will someone shake Umile and tell him that the Umbrella simply does not work? Third season in a row that they run the umbrella, and 2nd season in a row that its been proven that a PP should be attacking the defense rather than letting them sit in the tight box...

I think we all get it, its a rebuilding and re-assessment season for the Wildcats, however there are problems program wide, including the fact that tickets are once again widely available. For UNH to not even come close to selling out the arena (official attendance was 5801, 700 less than capacity) is a definite problem, considering the investment into the hockey program that the University has put forth. I get that Maine, BU and BC will still sell out, but the program relies on sellouts even in games that include Merrimack, Providence and UML. Given this game, they won't even come close...

Have we become a football school yet?
                              UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Gone are the days when unh could compete against anyone on home ice. Guess its hard to hate miami, they have come a long way since the days of Brian Sipotz.
                                "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Working...
                                X