NMU 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

As everyone says...History repeats itself.
    Yup. I agree.
    Fri 02/05/2010 T 3 @ Ferris State 3 ot (SW)
    Sat 02/06/2010 W 4 @ Ferris State 0

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post
      Are you guys serious? Why are youso confident NMU will be smoking Ferris State this weekend? The loss, and shootout loss to NMU from Ferris is all you are probably going off. But have they seen the shot charts? 46 - 33 the first night for Ferris. And the second night was 51 - 21.

NMU got outworked by Ferris State the entire weekend, even NMU's coach says so: "We have a lot of respect for Ferris State. We played the twice in their building earlier in the year and in my opinion we were out-played both nights, but Brian Stewart played very well and was able to get us some points. They’re very well-coached, have a ton of talent and a ton of experience."

Your goalie can only take the team so far. I think NMU will go home for their 8th time in 9 years. Sorry 'Cats...

Most recently, Ferris State went 4-0 over a very good Nebraska-Omaha team. Northern swept UNO the first series in "November" and got swept most recently at the end of January.

Check the college hockey news match up comparison: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...e.php?gid=1561

Ferris State has a better record, less goals against, a better penalty kill, Northern has two players to injuries: Billy Smith (arm)
      Matt Butcher (knee surgery), and Ferris State's starting goalie has a better GAA (5th in the nation, compared to Northern Michigan's 15th).

As everyone says...History repeats itself. Sorry 'Cats, Dogs will advance.

Butcher's been back for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
        Butcher's been back for a month.
        Take that up with www.CollegeHockeyNews.com

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
          Yup. I agree.
          Fri 02/05/2010 T 3 @ Ferris State 3 ot (SW)
          Sat 02/06/2010 W 4 @ Ferris State 0
          No, I was talking more:

03/20/2009 Loss 1 vs Notre Dame 2
          03/21/2008 Loss 4 vs Michigan 6
          03/17/2006 Loss 2 vs Miami 5
          03/17/2005 Loss 3 vs Alaska-Fairbanks 6
          03/19/2004 Loss 1 vs Michigan 5
          03/21/2003 Loss 2 vs FERRIS STATE4
          03/16/2002 Loss 1 vs Michigan State 2

Comment

Take that up with www.CollegeHockeyNews.com
            How about we just correct you on a message board via word of mouth, sorta like you're doing with the CHN article?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

No, I was talking more:

03/18/2004 Win 2 vs Michigan State 1 (Opening game at the Joe)

03/20/2003 Win 7 vs Michigan State 5 (Opening game at the Joe)

03/15/2002 Win 3 vs Notre Dame 1 (Opening game at the Joe)
              You're missing some dates.

I filled them in for you. Hope that helps.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

No, I was talking more:

I love how you leave the CCHA Player of the Year and Hobey Baker candidate out of the discussion.

Ever heard of Mark Olver?

And of course Kyle is going to sandbag when he's talking about the team that he's about to face in the semi-finals. Everyone knows we're going to smoke them!

Ferris won two games last weekend, but they've only won about 3 in the last two months before that. NMU is just about the hottest team in the country right now. We have a top ranked power play, an All-American in Olver and another in Gussie on defense. Stewart is nothing to sneeze at either. You say your goalie can only carry you so far? Well no crap, a hot goalie is what wins championships. Did you just start following hockey? All of the pieces have fallen into place for NMU, it's just a waiting game now.
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic. The 'Cats that have been on a roll need to continue to show up. It's one game at a time.

No overlooking Ferris, they're just as dangerous as UA_.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm overlooking them and staring directly at Miami. But then again, everyone hates me for my predictions lately, so maybe I'll tone it down.....

On second thought...screw it. Cats win!!!! Ferris blows!
                    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

No, I was talking more:

Let me check my 2009-2010 media guide to see how many of this year's players were part of that loss to Ferris in 2003.

Hmmm... Don't see any.

Comment

'Cats, don't feed the troll. We Yoopers (or transplanted ones) are above that kind of nonsense, in more ways than one.

Win Friday. That's all that matters. Just win Friday.
                        Always a Wildcat...
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Are you guys serious? Why are youso confident NMU will be smoking Ferris State this weekend? The loss, and shootout loss to NMU from Ferris is all you are probably going off. But have they seen the shot charts? 46 - 33 the first night for Ferris. And the second night was 51 - 21.

NMU got outworked by Ferris State the entire weekend, even NMU's coach says so: "We have a lot of respect for Ferris State. We played the twice in their building earlier in the year and in my opinion we were out-played both nights, but Brian Stewart played very well and was able to get us some points. They’re very well-coached, have a ton of talent and a ton of experience."

Your goalie can only take the team so far. I think NMU will go home for their 8th time in 9 years. Sorry 'Cats...

Most recently, Ferris State went 4-0 over a very good Nebraska-Omaha team. Northern swept UNO the first series in "November" and got swept most recently at the end of January.

Check the college hockey news match up comparison: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...e.php?gid=1561

Ferris State has a better record, less goals against, a better penalty kill, Northern has two players to injuries: Billy Smith (arm)
                          Matt Butcher (knee surgery), and Ferris State's starting goalie has a better GAA (5th in the nation, compared to Northern Michigan's 15th).

As everyone says...History repeats itself. Sorry 'Cats, Dogs will advance.
                          This is fun. I like Wednesdays of game weeks.

We have a better power play.
                          We're bigger than you are.
                          Your coach looks like your mascot.
                          We score more than you do.
                          Our top scorer is 10 points better.
                          You have 1 30-point scorer, we have 4.
                          We scored 4 goals on 21 shots against your starting goalie.
                          We shut you out.
                          NMU is 15-3-2 in their last 20 games. Ferris is 8-8-4.
                          Ferris averaged ~1000 fans in the playoffs, NMU averaged ~3000. Your own fans don't want to see you play.

I have no problem with your opinion, I just like stats, too.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                            This is fun. I like Wednesdays of game weeks.

We have a better power play.
                            We're bigger than you are.
                            Your coach looks like your mascot.
                            We score more than you do.
                            Our top scorer is 10 points better.
                            You have 1 30-point scorer, we have 4.
                            We scored 4 goals on 21 shots against your starting goalie.
                            We shut you out.
                            NMU is 15-3-2 in their last 20 games. Ferris is 8-8-4.
                            Ferris averaged ~1000 fans in the playoffs, NMU averaged ~3000. Your own fans don't want to see you play.

I have no problem with your opinion, I just like stats, too.
                            WIN
                            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              'Cats, don't feed the troll. We Yoopers (or transplanted ones) are above that kind of nonsense, in more ways than one.

Win Friday. That's all that matters. Just win Friday.

Just to emphasize-- FOCUS ON FRIDAY.

The Bulldogs are a good team. The Wildcats are a good team. Friday's game should be fun to watch.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

Lets throw out more stats:

Pat Nagle 2.01 GAA (5th in the nation) .927 SV% (6th in the nation)

Minutes Played 1376:25

Brian Stewart 2.37 GAA (16th in the nation) .927 SV % (5th in the nation)

Minutes Played 1952:19

NMU's Power Play is ranked 9th in the nation with 49 fewer PP Chances than Ferris.

NMU's Penatly Kill is not as good at Ferris' but in November it was around 78%. To have it sitting at 84.2% means something is going right.

This is essentially a home game for Northern in terms of the crowd. Ferris cant even sell 1,000 tickets for a home playoff series...I dont see them getting many people and students to go to the Joe.
                                Last edited by NMU8405; 03-17-2010, 07:12 PM.
                                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X