Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    So it would seem. I'm sure the CCHA will have it official within the hour.
    I am sure they will do what ever they can do to make things the way Michigan wants it.
    Trying to get the day off on Friday to make it to the Joe, not sure if I can pull it off. They win Friday, I am driving up Saturday.
    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

I just noticed NMU has moved up to number 11 in the PWR with Yale losing this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
        I am sure they will do what ever they can do to make things the way Michigan wants it.
        Trying to get the day off on Friday to make it to the Joe, not sure if I can pull it off. They win Friday, I am driving up Saturday.
        I'm probably one of the people that likes Michigan the least, but if I'm the decision maker here, Michigan vs Miami is the late game. You have the #1 team vs the biggest draw and the game that will work best for the Big Ten Network. To quote Donnie Schulzhoffer, "It's not rocket surgery!"
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          I'm probably one of the people that likes Michigan the least, but if I'm the decision maker here, Michigan vs Miami is the late game. You have the #1 team vs the biggest draw and the game that will work best for the Big Ten Network. To quote Donnie Schulzhoffer, "It's not rocket surgery!"
          I'll take the 3 hours more rest for NMU after they dispatch Ferris.
          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
            I'll take the 3 hours more rest for NMU after they dispatch Ferris.
            I agree.
            At the Berry? Hear the Pep Band? I'm probably the drummer! That means 9 times out of 10 I am leading you through sieve.

Comment

MNU has now moved up to number 10 with the UMD victory over CC. I think the PWR has more to do with the time change than who has conquered who.

Comment

All results from the weekend are now in, NMU heads to Detroit with the #12 ranking.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The Pairwise predictor is also up for those who want to see what might happen after all the playoff results are in.

I've gotten NMU as high as 8th, even with losing to Miami in the CCHA championship. I've gotten them to be the first team out at 13th with 2 losses and some other weird things happening (Brown and Maine winning their conference tournaments.)

Edit: Or 14th and first out with St. Lawrence winning the ECAC.
                  Last edited by nmu_27; 03-14-2010, 10:09 PM.
                  Embrace the hate.

Comment

Ironically it seems hard to find a scenario where Alaska misses the dance.

Comment

Although there are several scenarios where NMU can lose two in Detroit and still make the tourney, getting at least one win virtually guarantees a trip to the dance.

And according to the Ferris website, NMU will play Ferris at 4:35 on Friday.
                      Last edited by davyd83; 03-14-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Beat Ferris and we are in

Comment

Originally posted by 840MD View Post
                          And beat them we will!!!!

I'm really hoping that we play Miami for the Championship on Saturday! If that were to happen, we'd actually have a shot at a #2 seed!
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by 840MD View Post
                            One win pretty much makes NMU a lock for the NCAA's. Personally, If I was you guys, I would have to think that the easiest one to get would be against Ferris. Otherwise you're looking at trying to get by Miami, that could be slightly perturbed that they lost to Michigan and looking to take it out on somebody, or be facing Michigan and the Commish who really wants the Maize and Blue in the Dance, so they can generate some hope for some more FFFF ticket sales.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Highlights and recap from the Alaska game plus a sit-down interview with Brian Stewart!

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmS2wJLY8Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmS2wJLY8Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                              Cat Chat - Covering NMU Hockey since 2008

Comment

It has been confirmed. NMU will face Ferris at 4:35 on Friday. Michigan will face Miami at 8:05. There will be a fan bus leaving at 6:00 a.m. on Friday from the Berry Events Center (Zamboni entrance). Tickets are $55.oo and include round trip transportation and game tickets for both days. You can call the athletic department at 227-2105 for more info or to book your seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X