Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I'm right there with ya in optimism, but let's beat Alaska first. I like that we're hosting, but it's going to be a tough series. We still need to win games; we are the hardest working team in college hockey.
    I disagree, I think we sweep them. Alaska has only won once in Marquette and I think it was last year. The odds are heavily in our favor, plus they are the ones that have to travel the extremely far distance.

I'm already looking at flights to Albany and St. Paul!

Go Cats!
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I got this off the Alaska forum:

NMU is a black hole.

I don't know how to do a quote from one thread to another, so that is a simple copy and paste.
      I think they are a formidable foe that can and will beat us if we are not ready. But I also think if we can take control early, the "black Hole" concerns will prevail.
      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

NMU was the last team Alaska wanted to face!
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
          NMU is the only team Alaska COULD face.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            NMU is the only team Alaska COULD face.
            I know, but with their track record at BEC, I'm sure they would have preferred another team.
            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

NMU is the third-to-last team the Nooks want to face. Right behind Miami/or ? and then whomever else makes it to the CCHA championship game. Should be an excellent series.

Go Nooks!
              Last edited by mmf; 03-07-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I know, but with their track record at BEC, I'm sure they would have preferred another team.
                Considering that MSU is 4-4-2 in its last ten, Ferris is 2-4-4 and NMU is 7-1-2, I doubt that the Berry would be the venue of choice for anyone, especially when you add the fact that NMU has lost just once at home since Halloween, and that three of NMU's four home losses were by just 1 goal.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Like I said...it should be an easy sweep! Bring on Miami!
                  TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. As much as I would enjoy a sweep against Alaska, Alaska is a very good team. One shift at a time should be the focus of the team. Alaska isn't ranked ahead of us for nothing (PWR) Let's just worry about Friday and then Saturday. Its time to play some magical hockey to make dreams happen!!!! Fire up Cats!

Comment

One key component in the series if we are to prevail is a sold out Berry. We need the puckheads to canvas campus and be sure to get a record number of students to the game. in fact we should push for an attendance record at the BEC. We don't want to count on the community at large when the students make the games more fun anyway. With a price of only $5 per ticket every student on campus should want to be there, great fun for the price of a shoop. Get something on your facebook pages encouraging such and get it rolling starting now. Let's sell it out by midweek so the local media outlets can push the news of sold out which will add to the excitement and even more fans finding their way in somehow.

Comment

Good luck to your beloved Cats in the post season. Make the U.P. proud.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Just for you, Billy.

According to the Bracketology thread, if NMU is somehow able to sweep Alaska, they would remain in 14th place in the Pairwise even if they lost both games at the Joe.

The predictors will be out in about a week, which should be fun times.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                            Just for you, Billy.

According to the Bracketology thread, if NMU is somehow able to sweep Alaska, they would remain in 14th place in the Pairwise even if they lost both games at the Joe.

The predictors will be out in about a week, which should be fun times.
                            I saw that, assuming that all the higher seeds win, which more than likely won't happen across the board.
                            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I know we complain about the promotion of NMU hockey from time to time so if you would, check out the Ferris season thread.

I wonder what a list of promotions would look like this weekend from NMU.
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Brian Stewart selected to participate in the Frozen Four skills challenge.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaah...ills+challenge

I believe there were only 3 choices for West goalie, but still a nice honor.
                                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X