Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by kariya View Post
    Let's hope Olvers' hand gets well soon!!!! Does anyone remember the 26 win campaign in 2001-02? I'm just hoping for another terrific second half. As I recall, some of the 12 losses that year were from weak teams. The schedule strength that year was pretty low. In transition, this years team has some lofty opponents and isn't like the 02 team. Wins against Ferris and others is a must for an opportunity into NCAA post-season. We'll see if the upper classman are up to the task. I think they will perform good enough to go to Detroit, but anything is possible with the talent we possess!!! Go Cats!
    While I agree with most of what you said, I don't think they are a top 4 team in the nation. They will need to go on a serious run to even make it into the top 5 or 6 and even there's no guarantee that they make it to the frozen four.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by kariya View Post
      Let's hope Olvers' hand gets well soon!!!!!
      Wasn't that five point weekend in Minnesota an indication that he seems to be doing pretty well?
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'm pretty excited for my first series being able to legally drink!

Go Cats'!
        Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
        M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

I just wanted to accounce that I am back from my suspension and to apologize for my terrible behavior. Racebaiting has no place on a hockey forum. From now on I will stick to discussing hockey related matters with everyone. Cheerio young chaps.

Comment

Opps, I meant top four in the conference, not the nation. We do have alot of potenial and the skys the limit for this team. I forgot about Olvers' performance, too much on my mind! 6-0 win sounds pretty convincing.Nice to read that Kaunisto is having a great senior year! Way to go upper classmen! The stage is set for our 2nd half annual comeback! Go Cats!
            Last edited by kariya; 01-15-2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Before I leave these boards forever I would like to give some explanation about the Boot_Walt_Kyle character. BWK isn't real. There is no such person. The people controlling the screen name don't believe anything they say except that we like making people mad.

The BWK persona was cooked up on a particularly drunken night after a game where NMU got destroyed. At this particular game, one of the Puckheads yelled at us to sit down when we were being obnoxious and we took offense to it and an argument about who was a true fan broke out. We all knew about USCHO and used it to link to the live gametracker they had at the time. The idea behind the screen name was that we would liven things up a bit and rile the puckheads. It worked well - too well. Soon the number of people with the log-in grew from 3 to 5 and finally 6 people. We all took turns posting and would get together on weekends and laugh at the responses. For the record, this board can provide a lot of entertainment from both sides.

A little bit about who the people behind BWK were. Five of the six were NMU students. The sixth was a Tech student originally from Marquette who thought it was hilarious - so we let him in. We have varying majors across the board - none of which is PR. We are very sorry to drag the name of a fine PR program through the mud as we did, but it was a major none of us had.

None of us actually dislike Walt. Sure, we may want him to win more games, but in our experiences he is a good guy. Same goes for Junior. Our apologies go out to both of them for having made them butt of our ruse the past 2 years.

After the recent banning and a look at how immature our act had truly become (we weren't even posting about hockey anymore), we decided that it's time to hang up our skates and call it a career. We have attained the ripe old ages of 24 and 25, which is a ripe old age for internet trolling. We're too old for this and its time to move on.

It's been a good two years, and if any of you see me at an NMU game and can correctly call us out as being BWK, I will personally buy you a drink or two. There's no hard feelings on my part and I hope all will be forgiven in time. May peace be with you and may everyone have a pleasant tomorrow. The BWK name is now gone forever and will never again be used on these boards.

Oh and also...Go Cats!

Oh and another p.s. - Dave, I'll admit it, the reason none of us would take up your offer to debate you was because we're not really that bright on hockey. One of us played as a little kid, but no one has hockey experience past 4th grade. You're a good hockey announcer and I enjoy tuning into away games. You are also by far my least favorite poster on here as far as trolling goes: you use way to many facts, you back up your statements, and you never get emotional. You are one cool customer and in two years on this board, I felt like you were the only person who was never once rattled by our ruse. At times I even felt like you saw right through it. Kudos to you and I look forward to listening to you broadcast the UNO series.
              Last edited by boot_walt_kyle; 01-16-2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

You people wonder why I drink. JFC, what a farking week on this site.
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                  Before I leave these boards forever I would like to give some explanation about the Boot_Walt_Kyle character. BWK isn't real. There is no such person. The people controlling the screen name don't believe anything they say except that we like making people mad.

The BWK persona was cooked up on a particularly drunken night after a game where NMU got destroyed. At this particular game, one of the Puckheads yelled at us to sit down when we were being obnoxious and we took offense to it and an argument about who was a true fan broke out. We all knew about USCHO and used it to link to the live gametracker they had at the time. The idea behind the screen name was that we would liven things up a bit and rile the puckheads. It worked well - too well. Soon the number of people with the log-in grew from 3 to 5 and finally 6 people. We all took turns posting and would get together on weekends and laugh at the responses. For the record, this board can provide a lot of entertainment from both sides.

A little bit about who the people behind BWK were. Five of the six were NMU students. The sixth was a Tech student originally from Marquette who thought it was hilarious - so we let him in. We have varying majors across the board - none of which is PR. We are very sorry to drag the name of a fine PR program through the mud as we did, but it was a major none of us had.

None of us actually dislike Walt. Sure, we may want him to win more games, but in our experiences he is a good guy. Same goes for Junior. Our apologies go out to both of them for having made them butt of our ruse the past 2 years.

After the recent banning and a look at how immature our act had truly become (we weren't even posting about hockey anymore), we decided that it's time to hang up our skates and call it a career. We have attained the ripe old ages of 24 and 25, which is a ripe old age for internet trolling. We're too old for this and its time to move on.

It's been a good two years, and if any of you see me at an NMU game and can correctly call us out as being BWK, I will personally buy you a drink or two. There's no hard feelings on my part and I hope all will be forgiven in time. May peace be with you and may everyone have a pleasant tomorrow. The BWK name is now gone forever and will never again be used on these boards.

Oh and also...Go Cats!

Oh and another p.s. - Dave, I'll admit it, the reason none of us would take up your offer to debate you was because we're not really that bright on hockey. One of us played as a little kid, but no one has hockey experience past 4th grade. You're a good hockey announcer and I enjoy tuning into away games. You are also by far my least favorite poster on here as far as trolling goes: you use way to many facts, you back up your statements, and you never get emotional. You are one cool customer and in two years on this board, I felt like you were the only person who was never once rattled by our ruse. At times I even felt like you saw right through it. Kudos to you and I look forward to listening to you broadcast the UNO series.
                  Silly Hippies and their drugs
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

This was on the front page of Yahoo this morning. Our good friend Dirk Southern was involved in probably one of the greatest goals ever scored in a pro hockey game last night. Here is the link...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,214020
                    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                      This was on the front page of Yahoo this morning. Our good friend Dirk Southern was involved in probably one of the greatest goals ever scored in a pro hockey game last night. Here is the link...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,214020
                      That was very pretty. Way to go Dirk!

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
                        That was very pretty. Way to go Dirk!
                        The puck went through the legs 3 different times, I love it!
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

http://www.ncaa.com/frozenfourskills...nge/index.html

Vote for Stewart and Kaunisto.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

TJ Miller has been awarded the Defenseman of the week by the CCHA.
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

4th in the CCHA, 15th in the Pair Wise...Congrats NMU and thank you seniors!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Why isn't Olver being mentioned anywhere for Hobey Baker? He's having a fantastic season. I hope that he continues it next year!
                                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X