Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I have a hunch he had a backup screen name made up. I recall him once posting that he had another name that wasn't so abrasive.
    Just to throw it out, Bouchard_Photography, Boot_Walt_Kyle and Fire_Walt_Kyle were all created within one day of each other.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      Just to throw it out, Bouchard_Photography, Boot_Walt_Kyle and Fire_Walt_Kyle were all created within one day of each other.
      IIRC, Fire_Walt_Kyle admitted his identity, and he was an NMU student. So either bwk was telling another lie, or they are 2 different people.
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

On behalf of Michigan Tech, I would like to formally congratulate you on your upcoming win of the 2009-10 Mystery Cup.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          On behalf of Michigan Tech, I would like to formally congratulate you on your upcoming win of the 2009-10 Mystery Cup.
          **** you and your reverse psychology
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            IIRC, Fire_Walt_Kyle admitted his identity, and he was an NMU student. So either bwk was telling another lie, or they are 2 different people.
            I would think that FWK and Bouch_Walt_Kyle are two different people.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

guess these boards are going to be a lot less active with ******_walt_kyle around. I can't help but notice that he is still listed as active a lot of time around the bottom of the screen. Are we sure he is banned?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUWildcatfan View Post
                guess these boards are going to be a lot less active with ******_walt_kyle around. I can't help but notice that he is still listed as active a lot of time around the bottom of the screen. Are we sure he is banned?
                Banned users can still read the boards.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Banned users can still read the boards.
                  Not strictly accurate. To say BWK "CAN still read the boards" infers that he may actually be CAPABLE of reading. From what I've seen, that's uncertain. How about saying banned users (such as BWK) MAY still access the boards (say to look at pictures) but are not permitted to ADD content.
                  Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

A $&@!ing tie. Goddammit did Genoe keep MTU in the game. Anyone else and NMU makes this game a repeat of MTU's GLI game against State.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=15
                    As of right now, the 'Cats need to win 11 of the next 14 to have a shot at being a bubble team. This does NOT include the usual movement that will happen by everyone else that will jumble the standings.

What a valient effort though by the 'Cats; and while moral victories aren't worth much, tonight was another well played game, minus the conversion of all the silver platter turnovers MTU giftwrapped. Then again, it's tough to win when a goalie gets hot (Genoe).
                    Last edited by aparch; 01-12-2010, 10:24 PM. Reason: iPod touch spelling errors
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The annual playing down to Tech spell is over with now, its time to look ahead to CCHA play. Bowling Green Pumpkins come to town this weekend and Northern NEEDS 6 points this weekend. Just as important, they need to get momentum going into their most important strech of games in recent memory. At UNO, home against Alaska, At Ferris. Wins at UNO and At Ferris ARE must wins. Id be ok with a split from Alaska, though a sweep is desirable.

After that, its home against Western, At Michigan, the revenge week against LSCC.

I want to see the team go 10-2 (Losses to Alaska and Michigan). Play for my alumni money. Make it worth it NMU!

Born a Black Bear
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Was surprised to see the tie last night against Tech although it sounds like Tech's goalie stood on his head. Congrats to NMU for having 2 Wildcat recruits on the recent mid-term draft rankings, Lake State has a recruit on there as well, it's nice to see some of the higher end talent in North America filtering it's way back to the UP.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                          Was surprised to see the tie last night against Tech although it sounds like Tech's goalie stood on his head. Congrats to NMU for having 2 Wildcat recruits on the recent mid-term draft rankings, Lake State has a recruit on there as well, it's nice to see some of the higher end talent in North America filtering it's way back to the UP.
                          Thanks for the nice comments. We Wildcat fans hope that this talent can turn things into more wins than losses and ties in the future.

While we didn't lose to Tech last evening it sure feels as if we did in my eyes. For a team picked by many to finish in the Top 4 and with three 1st Team All CCHA members this season thus far should be characterized once again as "lost opportunity". The Tech game was just another one of them.

NMU again has positioned themselves in a must win situation and has very little wiggle room left in their schedule. For a change I would like to see NMU play over their heads rather down to the team in which they compete with each weekend. Where is the emotion and drive to not fail on this team? Who will step up and lead this year down the stretch? When will mediocrity be banished from the Queens Dictionary...(How about a little help next New Years Lake State in getting this done)...

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                            Thanks for the nice comments. We Wildcat fans hope that this talent can turn things into more wins than losses and ties in the future.

While we didn't lose to Tech last evening it sure feels as if we did in my eyes. For a team picked by many to finish in the Top 4 and with three 1st Team All CCHA members this season thus far should be characterized once again as "lost opportunity". The Tech game was just another one of them.

NMU again has positioned themselves in a must win situation and has very little wiggle room left in their schedule. For a change I would like to see NMU play over their heads rather down to the team in which they compete with each weekend. Where is the emotion and drive to not fail on this team? Who will step up and lead this year down the stretch? When will mediocrity be banished from the Queens Dictionary...(How about a little help next New Years Lake State in getting this done)...
                            Really? Both the coaches and the media had them 5th in the preseason polls. Picks by others who don't know much about the other 11 teams in the league are pretty irrelevant. I had them 5th myself. The bottom line here is that NMU is three games out of that coveted #4 spot with two games in hand AND home series against the current #4 and #5 seeds. Looking at this weekend's schedule, it's not far fetched to think that Cats could well move up to the 6 spot by weekend's end. The only difference between 6th and 4th would be the two fewer games that NMU had played compared to LSSU and UAF.

Emotion and drive? Did you miss the games in Minnesota? And there should certainly be no question of their effort against Tech. There was plenty of effort and emotion.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 01-13-2010, 02:43 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

DaveyD, you sir are the Robert Gibbs of NMU Hockey!!! LOL I love your homeristic view and spin but the facts lie within NMU's record. This season hasn't been what many of us wished for at this juncture in the season. I am however hopeful that the resiliency they have shown over the past two seasons comes to fruition once again. The hole they have dug has serious pontential to cave in around them if the results don't change soon.

I for one refuse to settle for your argument when I see a program being passed by Ferris freaking State for yet another pontential NCAA tourney berth. Tell me how that happens. I'm all ears and will gladly listen to how Bob "The Genius" Daniels has found the pieces and put them together. Put them together in such a fashion that Ferris freakin State will have made 2 NCAA tourney bids since the last time NMU made it in 1998-99.

The pieces are in place to make a run. The pieces were in place to break down walls. The pieces are in place to compete each and every weekend and on most excel. Answer me, when will the pieces come together and create a magestic work of art that we all can enjoy? I've never been one for puzzles and this particular jigsaw has me pulling my hair out. I've got the edges in place I just need somebody to fill in the difficult cloudy sections...

Now with that off my chest it will very interesting to see exactly where Ferris freaking State finishes as well as NMU. Their schedules were almost complete opposites in the first half but you have to like the way the Bulldogs started the New Year at Notre Dame. They may have built enough confidence and momentum to carry over and suprise like they did in 2002-03.
                              Last edited by MOJO; 01-13-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                                DaveyD, you sir are the Robert Gibbs of NMU Hockey!!! LOL I love your homeristic view and spin but the facts lie within NMU's record. This season hasn't been what many of us wished for at this juncture in the season. I am however hopeful that the resiliency they have shown over the past two seasons comes to fruition once again. The hole they have dug has serious pontential to cave in around them if the results don't change soon.

I for one refuse to settle for your argument when I see a program being passed by Ferris freaking State for yet another pontential NCAA tourney berth. Tell me how that happens. I'm all ears and will gladly listen to how Bob "The Genius" Daniels has found the pieces and put them together. Put them together in such a fashion that Ferris freakin State will have made 2 NCAA tourney bids since the last time NMU made it in 1998-99.

The pieces are in place to make a run. The pieces were in place to break down walls. The pieces are in place to compete each and every weekend and on most excel. Answer me, when will the pieces come together and create a magestic work of art that we all can enjoy? I've never been one for puzzles and this particular jigsaw has me pulling my hair out. I've got the edges in place I just need somebody to fill in the difficult cloudy sections...

Now with that off my chest it will very interesting to see exactly where Ferris freaking State finishes as well as NMU. Their schedules were almost complete opposites in the first half but you have to like the way the Bulldogs started the New Year at Notre Dame. They may have built enough confidence and momentum to carry over and suprise like they did in 2002-03.
                                So, here we are a few days into January with NMU sitting in 10th place out of 12 teams in the CCHA. The CCHA, as always, has a log jam from spots 4-10. There is still a lot of hockey left to be played and shuffling to be done. Overall, at 9-8-5 the Cats have not lived up to lofty expectations, but also have not disappointed in their very tough first half of the season. Wins over Michigan State, Minnesota have defined the season, while losses to Lake State and Michigan Tech have plauged the team and points out that maybe this team isnt ready to compete this season. When things play out, I expect NMU to go 8-4 down the to the end. Finishing in 5th-6th in the CCHA.

Every year there is a dark horse that comes up out of nowhere in the CCHA. This year its Ferris State. Tied for first in the CCHA, and ranked 6th in the nation, Ferris has done with with solid goaltending from two goalies. Along with steller goaltending, they are scoring goals. 77 goals in 22 games is among the top in the nation of D-1 colleges. They have had a realitively weak schedule, playing Canisus, UConn and Robert Morris (who did sweep #1 Miami boosting their PWR). On the docket for Ferris this week in Miami, then Michigan, Ohio State and NMU. Its a tough schedule and we will really find out who they are after that.

Born a Black Bear

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X