Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Still ducking the challenge BWK? Are you confident enough to do it? Or do you continue to hide? You're viewing the thread right now. C'mon. Man up.
    After seeing how people on this board react to people not liking Walt I don't think I want my name public. A lynch mob might show up at my house and hang me from the nearest tree. Walt's zombie-like followers are ravenous and will accept no dissent from their true love of the shiny-headed one

Comment

I hope you all don’t mind, but I have been looking for a group of Wildcat Hockey Fans on the web and it has taken me quite some time to land on this page.
      I am a Northern grad from the late 80’s, had season tickets at Lakeview every year I was a student, and I truly miss college hockey weekends and the back to back Friday/Saturday games. I am stuck in Southern Indiana where basketball is king, so getting information on my Cat’s is very difficult. I have learned more about our team in the past few days reading this site than I was able to garner all year.
      I have Direct TV, so I was able to see the Gopher game, my 1st of the year, and I think there is hope for the rest of the season. We have strong goaltending, good coaching,(contrary to some opinions here), and a few goal scorers. I agree we need to stay out of the box, but I also think we could be more aggressive on the penalty kill. Walt was an assistant while I was a student, I always liked him, still do, and I think he can get it done.
      I have not been able to see a game in the new arena. I always enjoyed the old Donors Room for dollar beers, does the new arena sell beer?
      Just getting my priorities in order before I plan a long trip.
      Hope it’s okay that I come aboard. The only Cat fans I have down here are Kentucky fans, and man, you think Tech fans suck…
      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
        After seeing how people on this board react to people not liking Walt I don't think I want my name public. A lynch mob might show up at my house and hang me from the nearest tree. Walt's zombie-like followers are ravenous and will accept no dissent from their true love of the shiny-headed one
        Then why would you say, or post, things you don't have the guts to put your name and face on? You call out the coach, you call players names and make accusations. Hide behind your screen name and say the things you don't have the guts to say to someone's face.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
          I hope you all don’t mind, but I have been looking for a group of Wildcat Hockey Fans on the web and it has taken me quite some time to land on this page.
          I am a Northern grad from the late 80’s, had season tickets at Lakeview every year I was a student, and I truly miss college hockey weekends and the back to back Friday/Saturday games. I am stuck in Southern Indiana where basketball is king, so getting information on my Cat’s is very difficult. I have learned more about our team in the past few days reading this site than I was able to garner all year.
          I have Direct TV, so I was able to see the Gopher game, my 1st of the year, and I think there is hope for the rest of the season. We have strong goaltending, good coaching,(contrary to some opinions here), and a few goal scorers. I agree we need to stay out of the box, but I also think we could be more aggressive on the penalty kill. Walt was an assistant while I was a student, I always liked him, still do, and I think he can get it done.
          I have not been able to see a game in the new arena. I always enjoyed the old Donors Room for dollar beers, does the new arena sell beer?
          Hope it’s okay that I come aboard. The only Cat fans I have down here are Kentucky fans, and man, you think Tech fans suck…
          Welcome devildog! THere is no donors room at the arena. They do have a number of socials for Blue Line or Wildcat Club members during select games. However, there are often tailgate parties, before, during and after games, and the Nickel is good for a quick run between periods.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle
            Dave, let's be honest here. I am a very successful internet troll. Why would I show my face and ruin everything? I thank you for your offer, but I have to respectfully decline. I like being seen as a force, once I am revealed, I am nothing more than a man, I like my immortality.
            He calls himself "a force." At least he has a sense of humor.

Comment

Then why would you say, or post, things you don't have the guts to put your name and face on? You call out the coach, you call players names and make accusations. Hide behind your screen name and say the things you don't have the guts to say to someone's face.
              This. The coaches know me personally, and they know my user name, and many of the fans also know who I am. I own every thing I say on this side of the boards. Also, bwk, if your idea of success is your trolling skills, you need to seriously reassess your life.

Originally posted by devildog View Post
              Welcome to the party! Always good to have another 'Cat supporter around here. To catch games, some of the posters have links to online radio feeds so you can listen, and there are usually score update threads in case you can't listen.
              Always a Wildcat...
              Originally posted by Kepler
              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Yes, you too can join the Walt Kyle everything is all right circle jerk. FACE IT PEOPLE! EVERYTHING IS NOT ALL RIGHT WITH THE PROGRAM!
                Skilled board troll inserts his own statement into diva's quote. Yep. Very skilled.

Comment

Welcome devildog! THere is no donors room at the arena. They do have a number of socials for Blue Line or Wildcat Club members during select games. However, there are often tailgate parties, before, during and after games, and the Nickel is good for a quick run between periods.
                  You mean the old Wooden Nickel? Back in my day, you didn't go in there after 6:00. The local biker crowd didn't take kindly to us college folks. And they actually let you leave the arena and come back in?
                  I remember the time Coreless and I crashed a party down the street from the Nickel after the bars closed. We were there 15 minutes before we realized the party was alcohol free.
                  I didn't know they did things like that in Marquette. We got the hell out of there.
                  “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                  – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

Yes, you too can join the Walt Kyle everything is all right circle jerk. FACE IT PEOPLE! EVERYTHING IS NOT ALL RIGHT WITH THE PROGRAM!

Do you deny my skills in trolling this board? Want to know something humorous? I don't really give a rat's *** about Walt. It's just so much fun watching everyone freak out and fly to defend him. I didn't even go to NMU and don't care that much about the team. You are al a bunch of idiots. Have a nice day.

Edit: Well that was sucktastic
                    Buddy, I am too old to freak out about anything.
                    If you are on here to rant about firing the coach of a team you could care less about, and then call us a bunch of idiots, well, your motives are not in the best interests of our team. You are here just to simply create a foul smell.
                    Go drop a duece in somebody else's outhouse. The Tech folks might enjoy your perfume.
                    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

Do you deny my skills in trolling this board? Want to know something humorous? I don't really give a rat's *** about Walt. It's just so much fun watching everyone freak out and fly to defend him. I didn't even go to NMU and don't care that much about the team. You are al a bunch of idiots. Have a nice day.

Edit: Well that was sucktastic
                      I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here. Finlandia, and you have ties to SCSU?
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here. Finlandia, and you have ties to SCSU?
                        "Don't Mess With Dirty."

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hide behind your screen name and say the things you don't have the guts to say to someone's face.
                          Not the first time someone's done that with the NMU Hockey program, and it won't be the last.

Best one was "Bouchard Photography" a few years ago who slammed Walt fierce for the first half the season on the forums, then went with puppy dog eyes trying to score a free ride, hotel, and tickets to photog the CCHA championship games when NMU made it.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

There are some similarities there. I wonder if they are related.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 01-08-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

He calls himself "a force." At least he has a sense of humor.

My guess is its a spelling error. He's a farce.

Is it my imagination, or has bwk taken to deleting his own posts? There have been a couple of his posts 'quoted' by others today, but I dont remember the original post.

PLEASE dont delete your own posts! Those of us with jobs may not be able to visit the board more than once or twice a day...Its not fair that we may miss the opportunity to ridicule you. No 'postius interuptus!!!
                              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                                My guess is its a spelling error. He's a farce.

Is it my imagination, or has bwk taken to deleting his own posts? There have been a couple of his posts 'quoted' by others today, but I dont remember the original post.

PLEASE dont delete your own posts! Those of us with jobs may not be able to visit the board more than once or twice a day...Its not fair that we may miss the opportunity to ridicule you. No 'postius interuptus!!!
                                Moderators have deleted some of his posts. He may well have deleted others.
                                Last edited by davyd83; 01-08-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X