Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by NoClu View Post
    I'm looking forward to being in Marquette for the Nov. 20-21 series! Me thinks that the faster paced Mav's may cause some trouble for you Cats.
    I really really like the 'Cats chances this year. Last year, they were in just about every game, losing around 10 games by two goals or less, and I believe the number was around 6 of losing games decided by one goal. This team has the ability to keep games close when they need to, but I really do believe the 'Cats can win the offensive minded game (like 6-5). Its going to be a great year, and we MUST get things rolling early in the season.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Mark this down. I think this is the year we are not looking from the outside in come NCAA tournament time. GO CATS!
      LIFE LONG NMU FAN & ALUMNI.

Comment

Originally posted by mattheinzel View Post
        I figured it was about time to start a new season thread, instead of using the Offseason thread. How do people feel we will fair in the first few weeks of the new season?

OCT. 4 RYERSON UNIVERSITY
        Oct. 9 @ Michigan Tech
        Oct. 11 @ Minnesota-Duluth
        OCT. 23 BEMIDJI STATE
        OCT. 24 BEMIDJI STATE
        OCT. 30 MIAMI
        OCT. 31 MIAMI
        Nov. 6 @ Ohio State
        Nov. 7 @ Ohio State
        Nov. 14 @ Notre Dame
        Nov. 15 @ Notre Dame
        NOV. 20 NEBRASKA-OMAHA
        NOV. 21 NEBRASKA-OMAHA
        Nov. 27 @ Alaska 11:30p.m
        Nov. 28 @ Alaska 11:30p.m
        DEC. 4 MICHIGAN STATE
        DEC. 5 MICHIGAN STATE
        Dec. 11 @ Lake Superior State
        Dec. 12 @ Lake Superior State
        DEC. 18 MICHIGAN TECH
        My initial reaction is 10-9. I think it's reasonable to expect splits for most of those, with exception of being swept at ND, and sweeping State. The upside is a sweep of both Bemidji and either UNO or Lake State, which nets 12-7. Conversely, Tech could pull out their home game, Miami might sweep, and throw in one more loss among either OSU or MSU, you're at 7-12. We're more likely to see the best case scenario versus the worst.

I think everybody here would agree that the buzzsaw of a schedule the Cats had to face early last year didn't do much for their confidence. That doesn't appear to be much of an issue this year. They should get off to a good start, which will pay dividends later in the year.

Comment

Look forward to the B2 feeds while away from home again in da sandbox..... Anyway, I think it will be an interesting year, but we have to win physically, mentally, and emotionally. Pack the home games, make some noise, and have fun...........

Link to Oldtimers hockey at the Lakeview:

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5010

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
            I care. I was at the Northwood game two weeks ago. It was an absolutely heartbreaking loss. I don't like our chances up in Houghton. I really can't see MTU starting out the season 0-3. I think it will be close, but the Huskies will come out on top.
            Well, see it and believe it... NMU 48, Michigan Tech 16
            Michigan Hockey Net
            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
              Well, see it and believe it... NMU 48, Michigan Tech 16
              This is a great distubance within the Force here. That's the only explenation I have for this one.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Wow, that first loss is really bugging me now. We could very easily be 3-0. This may be a very special season for our football team if this keeps up. Grand Valley doesn't look to be as dominant as in the past. NMU has the top offense and top defense in the Gliac going into the 4th game.
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                  Wow, that first loss is really bugging me now. We could very easily be 3-0. This may be a very special season for our football team if this keeps up. Grand Valley doesn't look to be as dominant as in the past. NMU has the top offense and top defense in the Gliac going into the 4th game.
                  That one bugs me too Billy. GVSU doesn't play Northwood this year, so the more loses the Wood has, the better for GV's SOS.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post

Link to Oldtimers hockey at the Lakeview:

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5010
                    Sounds like a great time. One of our teachers played in that tournament and was on the winning team in the 30 and over division.
                    Embrace the hate.

Comment

Any news from the radio broadcast front?:
                      I saw sparks ... and I knew that wasn't good.

Comment

Originally posted by SECTION12 View Post
                        Any news from the radio broadcast front?:
                        Nothing yet, but I was amused to be behind a MarqTran bus today that was still promoting Wildcat Hockey on 103.3 WFXD
                        Michigan Hockey Net
                        Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                          Nothing yet, but I was amused to be behind a MarqTran bus today that was still promoting Wildcat Hockey on 103.3 WFXD
                          D'oh!
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Posting to make this thread easier to find.

Go 'Cats
                            sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                            streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                            TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Update on our Alums in the NHL training camps.

Dusty Collins got cut by Vancouver in their first round a week ago and is in Manitoba camp.

Nathan Oystrick is still in ATL camp with one more round of cuts due by Wednesday. It's a fight for the final three D-spots (5/6+extra), and there are four players fighting for it.

Mike Santorelli is projected to be a second line left winger feeding Legwand and Erat (or have them feed him the puck).
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Tickets ordered, hotel reservations made, Marquette here we come (BSU series in four weeks)!
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X