Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
    I don't think anyone would travel very far to watch a 7-8-4 team that is struggling to stay out of the cellar of the CCHA. A trip from the UP to Omaha would probably cost $200 a person, you are deluded if you think anyone would drive 15 hours or whatever it is to see this team. Hell, I wouldn't drive 20 minutes right now
    "I don't think anyone would travel..." you should have stopped after saying "I don't think." That would be completely accurate. You're way beyond being a tool. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Marquette who are pleased to know you "wouldn't drive twenty minutes" to see NMU play. The fact is, you probably CAN'T drive 20 minutes because:

A. You're not old enough to have a driver's license
    B. You're too drunk/stoned/high to find your car
    C. You're confined to a mental institution
    D. You can't afford a gallon of gas, let alone the price of a game ticket

You are an embarrassment to the school you claim to support and to the sport we all love.
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

I see BWK's reading comprehension is still top notch; the NMU poster asked about driving over to Omaha since he lives in Nebraska. It isn't a 15 hour drive within anywhere in the state of Nebraska to Omaha (unless the weather s that bad).

So absolutely take the drive to Omaha. Hell, I drove to South Bend to see the 'cats play . There are plenty of star players going underrated on this team that are more than worth the price of admission.

Merry Christmas to all the fellow 'cat fans, and may we all have a happy new year.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I see BWK's reading comprehension is still top notch; the NMU poster asked about driving over to Omaha since he lives in Nebraska. It isn't a 15 hour drive within anywhere in the state of Nebraska to Omaha (unless the weather s that bad).

So absolutely take the drive to Omaha. Hell, I drove to South Bend to see the 'cats play . There are plenty of star players going underrated on this team that are more than worth the price of admission.

Merry Christmas to all the fellow 'cat fans, and may we all have a happy new year.
        We can only hope that BWK lives at least 21 minurtes from the Berry.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
          The fact is, you probably CAN'T drive 20 minutes because:

A. You're not old enough to have a driver's license
          B. You're too drunk/stoned/high to find your car
          C. You're confined to a mental institution
          D. You can't afford a gallon of gas, let alone the price of a game ticket

You are an embarrassment to the school you claim to support and to the sport we all love.
          You forgot E:
          E. All of the Above

HOPE EVERYONE CAN CELEBRATE AND ENJOY NEW YEARS!!!!

even bwk........

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
            You forgot E:
            E. All of the Above

HOPE EVERYONE CAN CELEBRATE AND ENJOY NEW YEARS!!!!

even bwk........

LETS GO CATS!!!!
            You're a far better person than I am, then, kujo. Stay safe over there.
            Always a Wildcat...
            Originally posted by Kepler
            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I live about as far from Omaha as you can get and still live in Nebraska, so BWK was only about 7 hours off on my drive.

BWK is kind of a giant tool, but now he has me wondering if the somewhat lackluster season combined with the bad economy has hampered fan travel to away games? Do any of you have any insight into this?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUWildcatfan View Post
                I live about as far from Omaha as you can get and still live in Nebraska, so BWK was only about 7 hours off on my drive.

BWK is kind of a giant tool, but now he has me wondering if the somewhat lackluster season combined with the bad economy has hampered fan travel to away games? Do any of you have any insight into this?
                I will always support the school and the team, just not always the coach. If we make the playoffs this season then I'll be flying see them play where ever that may be. I'm almost beginning to think that BWK is a second moniker for someone else that posts here or perhaps an MTU fan.
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                  I will always support the school and the team, just not always the coach. If we make the playoffs this season then I'll be flying see them play where ever that may be. I'm almost beginning to think that BWK is a second moniker for someone else that posts here or perhaps an MTU fan.
                  Now Billy B, what would you know about second monikers?
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Now Billy B, what would you know about second monikers?
                    We all have skeletons in the closet. I've accepted my past transgressions and moved forward. I'm looking forward to some good hockey this weekend, and I'm thrilled that I get to see the boys play on the BTN!

Go Cats!
                    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

We all have skeletons in the closet. I've accepted my past transgressions and moved forward. I'm looking forward to some good hockey this weekend, and I'm thrilled that I get to see the boys play on the BTN!

Go Cats!
                      Should be a good weekend of hockey. Really, it's anybody's tourney to win. Minnesota has won 4 of 5 and are always tough at home. If the Cats perform like they did against MSU, at Alaska and Notre Dame and against UNO, they certainly could bring the hardware home.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Should be a good weekend of hockey. Really, it's anybody's tourney to win. Minnesota has won 4 of 5 and are always tough at home. If the Cats perform like they did against MSU, at Alaska and Notre Dame and against UNO, they certainly could bring the hardware home.
                        Are you guys spending new years eve in Minneapolis?
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Are any Northern fans from the board coming to the Twin Cities for the tournament on Saturday and Sunday? I'm obviously biased but Mariucci is an nice arena to see. Hopefully some of you make it.
                          I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I always support the team and would love to be in a position to be able to fly to games. I'm right out of school (graduated with a writing degree in May) and I'm working at a community newspaper making a little over $21,000 a year. Flying back to Marquette for a game means taking at least 2 days off work and spending $700-800 on airfare for my wife and I. When you throw in hotel stay and food, it's easily over $1,000. For me, that is 3 weeks worth of pay. Now, if the team was fighting for a division lead or an NCAA spot, I could possibly justify spending that money. When the team is in the middle of the pack for the CCHA, I feel less motivated and able to spend that money.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUWildcatfan View Post
                              Don't get me wrong, I always support the team and would love to be in a position to be able to fly to games. I'm right out of school (graduated with a writing degree in May) and I'm working at a community newspaper making a little over $21,000 a year. Flying back to Marquette for a game means taking at least 2 days off work and spending $700-800 on airfare for my wife and I. When you throw in hotel stay and food, it's easily over $1,000. For me, that is 3 weeks worth of pay. Now, if the team was fighting for a division lead or an NCAA spot, I could possibly justify spending that money. When the team is in the middle of the pack for the CCHA, I feel less motivated and able to spend that money.
                              Thus, in your position, I would say that you should jump at the chance to see NMU at UNO, as this will be their last series played as CCHA rivals. And, they're (practically) in your backyard.

Support the alma mater, and proudly wear the green-n-gold in Omaha.

As for the hampering of fan travel question; I would say no, it really hasn't diminished much. There is the usual ebb and flow as alumni move toward areas where NMU plays road games, and alumni move away making it harder to get to games. If anything, there seems to be an uptick of travel this season (at least a half dozen fans even went to _airbanks, Alaska to see the team play ). If the economy is tightening anything, it's the local attendance.

*edit* Win or lose, at least NMU won't be embarrassed like MTU was at the GLI.
                              Last edited by aparch; 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh, BWK: Can you please spend a few minutes skimming the MTU threads (their season thread, the Fire Russell thread, etc.)? There may be a bigger bandwagon that needs you to lead the charge.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X