Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Since the CCHA Suspension thread was deleted, here is the Kaunisto "hit."

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xi9k4G9cup8&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xi9k4G9cup8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi9k4G9cup8
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
      Wow, looks like Walt has lost complete control of this team. We've got players getting suspended from the team. I heard a rumor that last year some players on the team were involved in a theft from WalMart.

Why oh why does NMU let Walt run this program into the ground?

Walt needs to be shown the door. He can't build a good hockey team and now it seems he can't even develop good character in those he coaches. Ray should definitly have been suspended for the hit, it was dirty and it was uncalled for. The team has more than its fair share of thugs and drunks and Walt needs to be held accountable.
      I tended to agree with a lot of what you said before the season started (and even right at the beginning), but this is out of line. Even I wouldn't say something like this. We aren't having a great season, but we are hanging in there. If we go on a streak like we did last year in the 2nd half we'll probably finish in 2nd place. Thugs and Drunks? C'mon, we're talking about our hockey team, not Chris Henry. Even I'm growing tired of this crap that you're spewing.
      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
        I tended to agree with a lot of what you said before the season started (and even right at the beginning), but this is out of line. Even I wouldn't say something like this. We aren't having a great season, but we are hanging in there. If we go on a streak like we did last year in the 2nd half we'll probably finish in 2nd place. Thugs and Drunks? C'mon, we're talking about our hockey team, not Chris Henry. Even I'm growing tired of this crap that you're spewing.
        This day, I thought would never come. But thank you.
        sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
        streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
        TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Wow. Color me shocked.
          Always a Wildcat...
          Originally posted by Kepler
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            Wow. Color me shocked.
            *****http://www.lfkweb.com/img/catpics/funny-pictures-cat-is-shocked-that-hamster-is-gone.jpg******
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I was at the game like I am at most games. If you deny that Kaunisto put a little extra effort into delivering that hit, than you are a hopeless homer. It was a hard hit, but it was also a somewhat dirty hit. I don't really think it deserved a suspension. Trust me, it was a hit delivered out of anger and frustration. There are a lot of guys on the team who are frustrated with the way the season has gone so far and we wont just sit back and take it. I like seeing Ray out there hitting, but this one was just a little too far.
              Put a little extra? He coasted the last 10 feet and Cooper also veered to his left directly into the path of the collision. There was less than 1/3 of a second between Cooper dishing the puck and the hit. The "little something extra" Kaunisto gave him was about 6' and 40 pounds extra. Hopeless homer? No, just someone who knows the game.

Now Mr. boot_walt_kyle, you call the players, whom you "are closer to" than one might think, thugs, drunks and thieves. Would you care to debate hockey with me on air? But in order to do so, you must do it in the open. No screen names or veils of anonymity to hide behind. Any accusation you make, you must be able to back up. No 'I heard a rumor...' stuff. You trash the coach and the AD. Tell us what you would do if you were in those positions and how you would accomplish those goals. Stand behind your words. You have the forum. You have the opportunity.
              Last edited by davyd83; 12-22-2009, 08:04 AM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'd just like to take a minute to wish the greatest fans in college hockey a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New. Safe travels to all too!
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  I'd just like to take a minute to wish the greatest fans in college hockey a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New. Safe travels to all too!
                  Thanks Dave, best to you and yours.
                  Embrace the hate.

Comment

Thanks Dave! I'd like to wish the best play by play guy in the nation a happy holidays and happy new year as well!

I have a feeling we are going to see some big things out of this team in the 2nd half! If we make it to Ford Field I'm buying everyone a round of drinks!

GO WILDCATS!!!
                    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Have a happy and safe holidays everyone!

Comment

Merry Christmas, Wildcat fans, and a very Happy New Year!
                        Always a Wildcat...
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

I hope everyone had a Great X-Mas.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!!!!

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Hi, I know I'm not a regular here and most of you don't know me too well, but I was wondering if anyone was planning on making the trip to Omaha Jan. 22-23. I'm living in Nebraska right now and me and my wife are planning (barring bad weather) on driving over to Omaha. Was just wondering if any other NMU fans were making the trip and wanted to get together.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUWildcatfan View Post
                              Hi, I know I'm not a regular here and most of you don't know me too well, but I was wondering if anyone was planning on making the trip to Omaha Jan. 22-23. I'm living in Nebraska right now and me and my wife are planning (barring bad weather) on driving over to Omaha. Was just wondering if any other NMU fans were making the trip and wanted to get together.
                              I don't think anyone would travel very far to watch a 7-8-4 team that is struggling to stay out of the cellar of the CCHA. A trip from the UP to Omaha would probably cost $200 a person, you are deluded if you think anyone would drive 15 hours or whatever it is to see this team. Hell, I wouldn't drive 20 minutes right now

Comment

I don't think anyone would travel very far to watch a 7-8-4 team that is struggling to stay out of the cellar of the CCHA. A trip from the UP to Omaha would probably cost $200 a person, you are deluded if you think anyone would drive 15 hours or whatever it is to see this team. Hell, I wouldn't drive 20 minutes right now.
                                There is a silver lining to your cloud! Struggling to stay out of the cellar? The Wildcats are 5-3-3 in their last 11 games and are closer to the #4 spot and a first round bye than they are to the cellar. Save for the hiccup against LSSU, they are sitting pretty close to where I expected them to be at this point. Their second half CCHA schedule sees them play just two of seven series against teams ranked ahead of them, while the first half saw them play just one team below them in the current CCHA standings.

By the way, the challenge still stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X