NMU 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

I agree with you the refs did not do a very good job, if they would have then this most likely would not have happened. I don"t disagree with what you say about the Lakers either the Macvoy hit was 15 feet in front of me and he was lucky to not get HFB.I knew it was going to be a heated rivalry game maybe aaron and useless sergott should have been told as well.
    Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 12-17-2009, 01:43 PM.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

I did not see the hit as I was only at the Friday game, but it is a little weird they didn't even call a penalty at the time for as serious as the CCHA is making this sound. I would normally be pretty ticked about something like this but I've seen Kaunisto make quite a few dirty hits and do some really ill-advised things on the ice although he has been better as of late.
      Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
      M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
        I did not see the hit as I was only at the Friday game, but it is a little weird they didn't even call a penalty at the time for as serious as the CCHA is making this sound. I would normally be pretty ticked about something like this but I've seen Kaunisto make quite a few dirty hits and do some really ill-advised things on the ice although he has been better as of late.
        The hit did happen on Friday.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

The hit that broke Coopers jaw was about 25 feet away from me. It was your normal run of the mill hockey check until the last second Ray brought his elbow up and realy drove Coopers head hard, i was fearing the worst for Cooper at first.

The ccha should look into that useless sergott peice of **** and realize that thats where the real problem is regarding this whole ugly incident.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
            The ccha should look into that useless sergott peice of **** and realize that thats where the real problem is regarding this whole ugly incident.
            Ugly incident? I don't recall NMU fans wanting heads to roll when Matt Butcher was boarded (no call) and had his collarbone break in Oxford, Ohio last season. (I may be mistaken though)

I do agree that the officiating needs to be re-evaluated; there are getting to be more and more serious missed calls and some extravagant nit-picky calls being made.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wait now aparch by all means i am not and never was calling for Rays head. I just think it could have been avoided. To be upset about the refs haveing a hand in the outcome of a game is one thing, but for them to lose control of the game and have players hurt is just too much. Hey it could have been one of your goalies hurt and i would feel the same way. I want to see some hard played hockey, not players getting hurt from either side.

The ccha has to do some kind of re-evaluations.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                The hit did happen on Friday.
                Sorry, I meant Saturday.

It's strange that in a serious where two 10 minute misconducts were called; something I have never seen happen in a series, that there was a missed hit that resulted in a suspension. The officiating has seemed more looking for small **** than looking for the big stuff lately. I have seen quite a few really awful calls missed this year, compared with a lot of really nit-picky things being called that I don't necessarily understand.

As someone who refs at a lower level I understand how hard it is to get everything, but there is no excuse to make a no call on a hit that breaks a collar bone on review. I would like to see the video though.
                Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Willy there was three 10 minute misconducts in the series. I agree with you that it only adds to the incompitance that is ccha reffing.
                  Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 12-17-2009, 06:55 PM.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Wow, looks like Walt has lost complete control of this team. We've got players getting suspended from the team. I heard a rumor that last year some players on the team were involved in a theft from WalMart.

Why oh why does NMU let Walt run this program into the ground?

Walt needs to be shown the door. He can't build a good hockey team and now it seems he can't even develop good character in those he coaches. Ray should definitly have been suspended for the hit, it was dirty and it was uncalled for. The team has more than its fair share of thugs and drunks and Walt needs to be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      The ccha has to do some kind of re-evaluations.
                      I could not agree more.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                        Apparently you don't know what the ground feels like crackwhore. He's had one losing season in his tenure.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                          Apparently you don't know what the ground feels like crackwhore. He's had one losing season in his tenure.
                          How dare you inject facts into his argument....
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Wow, looks like Walt has lost complete control of this team. We've got players getting suspended from the team. I heard a rumor that last year some players on the team were involved in a theft from WalMart.

Walt needs to be shown the door. He can't build a good hockey team and now it seems he can't even develop good character in those he coaches. Ray should definitly have been suspended for the hit, it was dirty and it was uncalled for. The team has more than its fair share of thugs and drunks and Walt needs to be held accountable.
                            Did you see the hit in person? Have you looked at the video? Looked like a pretty good hit from my vantage point. Of course, if Cooper walks in a scores a goal on the play and nobody hits him, you'd be ripping the coach for that one too. You heard a rumor? Do you have anything to substantiate it? Thugs and drunks? I highly doubt that you would even have the intestinal fortitude to stand in front of any of those you smear and say such things to their faces.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 12-18-2009, 08:00 AM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Nice of you to show up. Haven't seen you posting in a while.

... oh wait, we were winning.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

After further review of the video, I cannot understand the decision of the CCHA. The hit was face to face, shoulder to shoulder. The term "blindside" is grossly inappropriate. The reason Cooper didn't see Kaunisto was because he wasn't watching what was in front of him, rather he was watching the puck he had dished to his right a split second earlier. Upon impact, the Laker forward, who stands about 5" shorter than Kaunisto, came off his feet, spun and landed face first on the ice. There was no elbow thrown. Kaunisto's arms were tight to his bid. No one felt worse than Ray about the result of the hit. The referee even told Kaunisto it was a clean hit. My personal feeling is that the penalty was assessed by the league more because of Cooper's jaw being broken, than for the actual hit itself.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X