Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
    The link Aparch has in his signature takes you to the outdated links (update, Josh, update!).
    It's updated! Thanks.

Now if only they'd add this too: http://audionow.com/
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
      If this hasn't been mentioned, I just wanted to pass along that WNMU switched to a new internet audio streaming provider earlier this week. I know some folks, myself included, had problems connecting to the audio feed (I always got an error saying the file could not be found or something). So far...knock on wood...I haven't had any problems connecting to the PR90 and NMU Sports streams on either my laptop or desktop at home and work. Hope it's the same for everyone else who had problems!

Also, you need to go to:

http://wnmu.publicbroadcasting.net/listen.html

The link Aparch has in his signature takes you to the outdated links (update, Josh, update!).
      This would be why I couldn't get the football game today
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Page 3?? for shame kids....

Didn't really want to share this, but well, might as well us it to bump the thread.

Haunt and Taunt.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
          Misogynistic much?

Frost was a highly regarded men's D-III coach before he was hired onto coach Minnesota's women's team. As a women's coach at Minnesota he has coached more U.S. Olympians than any other hockey coach, men or womens.

You act like the man would have forgotten how to coach guy's hockey after being involved in the women's sport for several years. We are talking about a guy who is seen as one of the greatest motivators in all of college hockey, and who in my opinion draws up some of the best on-ice Xs and Os of the game. I think that he would make a fine transition to D-1 men's hockey, even though people like yourself feel that because he's coached women's teams, he shouldn't be given the chance.
          I haven't been on this site for a while but the more things change the more they stay the same...BB and BWK are two of the most clueless dopes known to man...your posts about replacing Kyle and the list of replacements you provide, are something to behold..priceless... I guess I had forgotten how frickin stupid you two morons really are...its comical.. keep it coming..lol
          Last edited by nmualum; 10-21-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

NMU fans will be happy to know that Mike Santorelli just scored his first regulation NHL goal.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              NMU fans will be happy to know that Mike Santorelli just scored his first regulation NHL goal.
              I saw... I'm looking forward to seeing Santos play against the Hawks tomorrow...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

*****http://www.ricesigns.com/real_pictures/bump_signs.jpg******
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

This could be an interesting conversation piece:
                  RPI Details

Maybe that can bring life back to this thread?
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Eh, that, or get a few more people to stuff the box for Ontonagon as well.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

I'll bring some life into this here thread!!!!

WALT KYLE SUCKS! HE WILL NEVER BE HALF THE MAN THAT DOM DELUISE WAS AND HE CAN'T MAKE HALF AS GOOD A LASAGNA*

I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD NMU HAS BEEN THE LAST TWO SERIES, THIS TEAM IS STILL MEDIOCRE AND CAN NOT COMPETE WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT WITH THE DENVERS, WISCONSINS, MICHIGAN STATES, and MICHIGANS OF THE NCAA. THIS TEAM DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND THAT IS IT.

* This is pure conjecture. I have never had lasagna made by either Walt Kyle or Dom DeLuise in my life. I just imagine that Dom DeLuise makes a **** fine lasagna.

Comment

* This is pure conjecture. I have never had lasagna made by either Walt Kyle or Dom DeLuise in my life. I just imagine that Dom DeLuise makes a **** fine lasagna.
                        *****http://i30.***********.com/albums/c307/m00seonthel00se2/No-Answer.jpg******
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Dom probably would, if he wasn't currently dead right now......

It just happens.

Comment

I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD NMU HAS BEEN THE LAST TWO SERIES, THIS TEAM IS STILL MEDIOCRE AND CAN NOT COMPETE WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT WITH THE DENVERS, WISCONSINS, MICHIGAN STATES, and MICHIGANS OF THE NCAA. THIS TEAM DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND THAT IS IT.
                            Just wanted to make sure you were aware that UMich is 5-7 (after stopping a 5 game losing streak by splitting with Bowling Green for crying out loud), and is not ranked for the first time in 12 years (or do you not actually follow college hockey, and were not aware of this info?). If that's the kind of mediocracy you're shooting for? Um, yea!
                            Last edited by moose97; 11-24-2009, 08:04 AM.
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Ok BWK, I'll bite. What needs to be done to make this program a contender? Is it a bigger recruiting budget like the Notre Dames, Michigans, MSUs, Miamis and Ohio States have? Not gonna happen moron.

After all the aforementioned teams and the top teams from the other conferences raid the talent pool, you're left with the rest of the middle of the road teams fighting over middle of the road talent. Every once in awhile a coach will end up with a rough diamond that can be polished, but it only happens once every few years. Walt's doing what he can with the talent he has. NMU isn't going to be a contender for the Mason Cup most years. 18 out of 20 years, they'll miss out on the NCAA tournament. They're good enough to knock off a great team once or twice a season, but mediocre enough to lose games they most definitely should win. The Wildcats will probably never win another NCAA tournament. They do have 1 trophy, and that's more than a lot of schools can say. The sooner you come to terms with that, the more happy you, and then rest of the posters that have to read the the garbage you post, will be. Go ahead and put me in the Hall of Shame for accepting mediocrity. It'll be an honor.

Comment

According to USCHO, NMU currently holds the #1 position in strength of schedule.

#2 is Tech, so a sweep of them upcoming would be pretty nice.

Looking ahead, the schedule doesnt ease up with Alaska, MSU, Rivals LSSU and Tech and possibly a showdown with Minnesota in the new year (who has the #3 SOS).
                                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X