Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
    Not I. I was actually just planning on registering a name over there.
    Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
    It's not me either. I've tried registering several times and it won't let me for some reason.
    Cripes, there's more NMU idiots out there than what I first suspected then.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Cripes, there's more NMU idiots out there than what I first suspected then.
      I've been a diehard NMU football fan for many years. I can remember being in high school, and going up to NMU football games with my parents during the fall. I'd say my first one had to have been in 1995 or 1996 when I was just starting middle school. I've lurked about on d2football from time to time over the last 4 years, just never bothered to create a SN. I mean, what fun is it to go over and discuss your perennial 3-6 football team. It's really exciting for me to see the buzz around NMU football, and I can't wait to see the team play on Nov. 7.

Comment

Brad Frost – Head Coach, Minnesota Women’s (I know men’s and women’s hockey are very different sports, but Frost also has men’s coaching experience.
        Nothing says motivate your players like hiring a Woman's Hockey Coach for a Men's Team.

Maybe the Trans-gender's team coach from Montana would like to sign on as an assistant?
        Last edited by NMU8405; 10-15-2009, 01:37 PM.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

http://smokeeatersblog.blogspot.com/...-michigan.html
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
            Nothing says motivate your players like hiring a Woman's Hockey Coach for a Men's Team.

Maybe the Trans-gender's team coach from Montana would like to sign on as an assistant?
            Misogynistic much?

Frost was a highly regarded men's D-III coach before he was hired onto coach Minnesota's women's team. As a women's coach at Minnesota he has coached more U.S. Olympians than any other hockey coach, men or womens.

You act like the man would have forgotten how to coach guy's hockey after being involved in the women's sport for several years. We are talking about a guy who is seen as one of the greatest motivators in all of college hockey, and who in my opinion draws up some of the best on-ice Xs and Os of the game. I think that he would make a fine transition to D-1 men's hockey, even though people like yourself feel that because he's coached women's teams, he shouldn't be given the chance.

Comment

sounds like a solid prospect. Hopefully he can keep developing and be a stud player at the college level

Comment

I've been a diehard NMU football fan for many years. I can remember being in high school, and going up to NMU football games with my parents during the fall. I'd say my first one had to have been in 1995 or 1996 when I was just starting middle school. I've lurked about on d2football from time to time over the last 4 years, just never bothered to create a SN. I mean, what fun is it to go over and discuss your perennial 3-6 football team. It's really exciting for me to see the buzz around NMU football, and I can't wait to see the team play on Nov. 7.
                Don't you mean November 14th??
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

BWK, please tell us what JB Bittner has accomplished in his 3 weeks as a college assistant that qualifies him to be a D-I head coach. He spent last year as video coordinator and been neither a top assistant or top recruiter since injuries curtailed his ECHL playing career after the 07-08 season.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    BWK, please tell us what JB Bittner has accomplished in his 3 weeks as a college assistant that qualifies him to be a D-I head coach. He spent last year as video coordinator and been neither a top assistant or top recruiter since injuries curtailed his ECHL playing career after the 07-08 season.
                    LOL
                    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Sorry, I meant Steve Brent. I looked at a lot of coaches who are assistants on teams I feel run a good on-the-ice system. I must've written down the wrong assistant.

Comment

Don't you mean November 14th??
                        I don't get what you are getting at here? The Indy game is on Nov. 7. Are you implying that NMU has a chance at winning a home playoff game for the first round?

Comment

I don't get what you are getting at here? The Indy game is on Nov. 7. Are you implying that NMU has a chance at winning a home playoff game for the first round?
                          Not totally out of the realm of possiabilites. As best as I can figure, whoever wins out in the GLIAC should capture the second seed and a bye week as well.

It just happens.

Comment

You've known you've made the big time when Chargerblue does something to mock you guys.

Chargerblue Presents: Whack a Wildcat.

It just happens.

Comment

You've known you've made the big time when Chargerblue does something to mock you guys.

Chargerblue Presents: Whack a Wildcat.
                              Oh god.
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

If this hasn't been mentioned, I just wanted to pass along that WNMU switched to a new internet audio streaming provider earlier this week. I know some folks, myself included, had problems connecting to the audio feed (I always got an error saying the file could not be found or something). So far...knock on wood...I haven't had any problems connecting to the PR90 and NMU Sports streams on either my laptop or desktop at home and work. Hope it's the same for everyone else who had problems!

Also, you need to go to:

http://wnmu.publicbroadcasting.net/listen.html

The link Aparch has in his signature takes you to the outdated links (update, Josh, update!).
                                Michigan Hockey Net
                                Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X