Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    I ran the CCHA numbers at the beginning of last year and NMU actually had the 4th best record among ALL CCHA schools thru Kyle's first six years.
    Big freaking deal. How many times are you going to keep posting this year in and year out?

When was the last time we went to the NCAA's? Please post some facts on that. Regular season wins mean NOTHING if you can't make the freaking playoffs!!!!!!!

Geez Dave, I expect more out of someone like you.

Kyle has been Mediocre.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Yet you keep posting the same. Please show us how we can be consistently competitive with big time schools with big time budgets and big time exposure in big time markets? I don't have that answer. Neither do any of the other small time small budget schools. Nor do any of the truly knowledgeable people in the industry. Firing the coach is a crapshoot at best. There's a very slight chance it will payoff, but in all likelihood you leave your money
      on the table. Do risk dropping the program into Western, Bowling Green, LSSU, Tech territory on the remote chance that your move will improve the program? And the chance is just that. Remote.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

For anyone that cares.... Here are the NON D-I Football schools of the CCHA since 2002-03:

UAA: 103-124-34, 2 trips to the Joe, 0 NCAAs
        FSU: 120-124-31, 1 trip to the Joe, 1 NCAAs
        LSSU: 81-143-43, 1 trip to the Joe, 0 NCAAs
        UNO: 110-131-40, 2 trips to the Joe, 1 NCAAs
        NMU: 141-121-26, 6 trips to the Joe, 0 NCAAs

I'm working on the WCHA schools now, and I will have those in a bit...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          For anyone that cares.... Here are the NON D-I Football schools of the CCHA since 2002-03:

And here are the WCHA NON D-I Football schools:

UAA: 67-156-35, 1 trip to the F5, 0 NCAAs
          CC: 167-89-28, 4 trips to the F5, 4 NCAAs
          MTU: 71-161-36, 1 trip to the F5, 0 NCAAs
          MSU: 107-124-41, 1 trip to the F5, 1 NCAAs
          UMD: 124-121-38, 4 trips to the F5, 2 NCAAs
          UND: 186-91-27, 7 trips to the F5, 7 NCAAs
          SCSU:131-116-31, 3 trips to the F5, 3 NCAAs

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
            Im not sure how they will do against Miami. Miami had to fight for wins against St. Cloud last week, and they head to Durham NH to play New Hampshire. A little more battle tested? Maybe. A little worn down? Maybe? We did play them extremely well in Miami last year, and if my memory serves me right we played a hell of two games against them two years ago. If there is one team I feel we can consistantly compete with, its Miami.

As for The Ohio State...they came into this season with loftly expectations after, I think, overacheiving last season. tOSU has lost to Western Ontario (ex) and got swept by Quinnipiac (who could have a huge year out in Atlantic Hockey). We traditionally do not preform well at Ohio State, but the lack of home ice support only helps NMU.
            I think we are in agreement then, that NMU will play well and take at least 1 of the 2 games from Miami (who will be a top 10 ranked team) at the Berry. I fail to see how lake of home ice support helps NMU. Are you proposing that tOSU has a lack of fan support, or that NMU plays better on the road?

I think either way, historically over the past 6 years, NMU has not played well at Ohio St. and a sweep is not an overly terrible prediction. It's not like I predicted a sweep at home by wayne st. or Western (both of which occurred while I was at NMU). I think this team will finish with a winning record. My only problem is that we can accept mediocrity for only so long.

Comment

To be totally honest I would take FSU over NMU any day. A chance to compete in the NCAAs at the highest stage is something that is unforgettable. In the WCHA grouping I would take SCSU, UMD, and UND. That is just me though, I tend to put much more emphasis on NCAA appearances than Joe Louis appearances. At least when you make that NCAA you have a chance at competing for an NCAA championship (see BSU last year)

edit: I forgot to type CC in my teams I would rather take. My bad.

Comment

Thanks Boot, one chance to see my team in Manchester or Bridgeport for a one and done beats six chances to see them play two at the Joe.

Ok let's say you get your way, coach is fired. Now how do you assure us that the program immediately moves from the bubble to the NCAAs? Show us what those that really know don't know yet. How do you guarantee improvement in the NCAA?
                Last edited by davyd83; 10-14-2009, 01:19 AM.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                  To be totally honest I would take FSU over NMU any day. A chance to compete in the NCAAs at the highest stage is something that is unforgettable. In the WCHA grouping I would take SCSU, UMD, and UND. That is just me though, I tend to put much more emphasis on NCAA appearances than Joe Louis appearances. At least when you make that NCAA you have a chance at competing for an NCAA championship (see BSU last year)

Did you know that if you win at the Joe you do in fact make it in the NCAA's?!

I know amazing right?!

BWK, I sincerely wish you didn't have internet access.
                  Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                  M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

So going to the NCAAs 1 year (and choking massively while there) followed by 6 seasons of 15 average wins and none of which where you had a chance at a post season game is better than NMU's current situation...

Oh, by the way NMU has averaged 20 wins, and has been in contention for the NCAAs for 3-4 of those years...

Yea, seems like a fair trade...

Comment

You've clearlly have never been to Big Rapids, have you. Marquette has more stuff going on around it than BR.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Yet you keep posting the same. Please show us how we can be consistently competitive with big time schools with big time budgets and big time exposure in big time markets? I don't have that answer. Neither do any of the other small time small budget schools. Nor do any of the truly knowledgeable people in the industry. Firing the coach is a crapshoot at best. There's a very slight chance it will payoff, but in all likelihood you leave your money
                        on the table. Do risk dropping the program into Western, Bowling Green, LSSU, Tech territory on the remote chance that your move will improve the program? And the chance is just that. Remote.
                        The last 10 years this program has gone nowhere. Everyone seems to think that getting to the Joe is some fantastic accomplishment. Well sure, it can be, if you freaking win! 99% of the NMU fans on this board already have the mentality of a WMU, BGSU, LSSU program. Mediocrity is "okay". We'll "try harder next year". It's not the "coaches fault". Blah, blah, blah, blah!

My mentality is that of the teams that make the NCAA's consistently or even every 4th year!!! Wouldn't you love it if we made it twice a DECADE??!?!?!

I don't know who the coach should be, other than Walt Kyle right now. The point that I am trying to make is that if we fall short again this season, I'd like to see someone else running the show. If the next guy that comes in doesn't take us to the NCAA's then obviously all of you will still be happy. I often wonder too if Walt hadn't attended NMU would there be this BLIND support for him?
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

So going to the NCAAs 1 year (and choking massively while there) followed by 6 seasons of 15 average wins and none of which where you had a chance at a post season game is better than NMU's current situation...

Oh, by the way NMU has averaged 20 wins, and has been in contention for the NCAAs for 3-4 of those years...

Yea, seems like a fair trade...
                          You must have been one of those kids in t-ball that was excited to get a trophy for coming in 8th place out of 8 teams.

I would trade the last 6 years that Ferris has had, with what we've had at NMU. At least they got a sniff of the big dance. Something we haven't had since the 90's. There aren't too many posters on this board who were even at NMU when we were in the playoffs. Perhaps that is why everyone is so complacent. You all think that getting to the Joe is akin to the promise land, when in reality it becomes nothing more than a huge let down.
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
                            Did you know that if you win at the Joe you do in fact make it in the NCAA's?!
                            NO. Enlighten the rest of us. How exactly does it work?
                            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

We have some who are fed up with no NCAA appearances in a long time. They are also fed up with slow starts that kill our chances before December.

So am I.

For the sake of school sanity here, why don't we just say that SOMETHING needs to change. We've beat the coach card into the ground. Why don't we talk about this year's team and how we can help the program?

I want to see the NCAA's, too. What can we do to help? What can we change? I don't want to hear that we are doing the best we can as a program, because I expect more.
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                                What can we do to help?
                                Find donors to help increase funding...
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X