Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2009-2010 Season

Let"s take a look at " delusional."

2007-08 BWK says "fire Walt!" NMU doesn't. Cats go to the Joe.
    2008-09 BWK says "fire Walt!" NMU doesn't. Cats go to the Joe.

Keep the streak alive!

Now most knowledgeable observers strongly agree that without Kyle, NMUs success rate looks more like Tech or Lake State than the 6 trips to the Joe in 7 years and the best winning percentage of any non D-IA school in the CCHA or WCHA over that time. Of course it's highly unlikely that BWK has actually conversed with any individual who has any real knowledge of the sport, it's landscape or inner workings to give his rants any credence. Some of the suggestion have included replacing the coach with an up and coming assistant or a D-III promotion. Sure, do that and spend a few years while he gets his feet wet winning 12, 14, 16 games a year. What an improvement! Hey, Dean Blais was available! But where do you find another $300,000.00 for salaries, assistants, recriting and improved travel which such a hire would require? Not one of the "fire" group can even come up with a plausible alternative that would be likely to improve the program within the confines of the school's budget, location and status. NMU gets more from it's resources than any other comparable program. Those who really do know what they are talking about agree, from the NHL, throughout college hockey, minor pro and junior hockey as well. The best man for the job is already here.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

Keep the streak alive!

Now most knowledgeable observers strongly agree that without Kyle, NMUs success rate looks more like Tech or Lake State than the 6 trips to the Joe in 7 years and the best winning percentage of any non D-IA school in the CCHA or WCHA over that time. Of course it's highly unlikely that BWK has actually conversed with any individual who has any real knowledge of the sport, it's landscape or inner workings to give his rants any credence. Some of the suggestion have included replacing the coach with an up and coming assistant or a D-III promotion. Sure, do that and spend a few years while he gets his feet wet winning 12, 14, 16 games a year. What an improvement! Hey, Dean Blais was available! But where do you find another $300,000.00 for salaries, assistants, recriting and improved travel which such a hire would require? Not one of the "fire" group can even come up with a plausible alternative that would be likely to improve the program within the confines of the school's budget, location and status. NMU gets more from it's resources than any other comparable program. Those who really do know what they are talking about agree, from the NHL, throughout college hockey, minor pro and junior hockey as well. The best man for the job is already here.
      "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to davyd83 again." Awesome, man. Simply awesome post.
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Yes!!!!

Let's keep going to the JOE and finishing in 3rd place every year because there is no alternative and we all accept it!!!

10 years since we've made it to the NCAA's !!!! Yippee!!!! We "almost" made it!! Good Job Boys!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!!

Three cheers for mediocrity!!!!
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to davyd83 again." Awesome, man. Simply awesome post.
          I got him for you.

Comment

BWK, please use your vast expertise to show us the way to improve the program. Simply firing the coach will not accomplish that and may well send the program in the other direction. Mediocrity? I guess when compared to Michigan or Minnesota or Notre Dame. Now how is it that these schools and others like usually finish above NMU nationally? Is it better coaching? Did Rick Comley all of a sudden morph into a better coach at State? Now compare NMU to other western schools of its I'll. Now the results are far from mediocre. Change does not assure improvement. It only quiets your keyboard til the new guy loses three in a row and you start blasting the administration for hiring him.

And that's all I have to say about that.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
              Yes!!!!

Let's keep going to the JOE and finishing in 3rd place every year because there is no alternative and we all accept it!!!

10 years since we've made it to the NCAA's !!!! Yippee!!!! We "almost" made it!! Good Job Boys!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!!

...or we could run a program like American International and not even contend year in and year out. Id rather win 20 games every year and just miss the NCAAs then watch my team win 5-6 games a season.
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

BWK, please use your vast expertise to show us the way to improve the program. Simply firing the coach will not accomplish that and may well send the program in the other direction. Mediocrity? I guess when compared to Michigan or Minnesota or Notre Dame. Now how is it that these schools and others like usually finish above NMU nationally? Is it better coaching? Did Rick Comley all of a sudden morph into a better coach at State? Now compare NMU to other western schools of its I'll. Now the results are far from mediocre. Change does not assure improvement. It only quiets your keyboard til the new guy loses three in a row and you start blasting the administration for hiring him.

davyd83, this post and your post before this one should be made into a giant poster and nailed above every urinal in every gay bar that BWK frequents. Of course, that's assuming he uses the urinal and is not in a bathroom stall doing something else.

Comment

How about Don Granato as the coach? The only thing going well for him is his sister has all the talent.

I'd gladly take Walt in Chicago.

Walt and Company is THE best for what NMU can afford. I fear that if it wasn't Walt in charge of the program, we might have been discussing our future as a Div I program instead of Alabama and Bowling Green.

Remember this Billy and BWK, the operating/scouting/recruitment/scholarship funds allocated by NMU have NOT been increased in a decade, yet the cost of travel, facilities, and recruiting competitiveness has increased tenfold.

I'd like to see either of you make your mortgage, utility payments, etc. with what you were earning a decade ago. I know I certanly cannot.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Keep the streak alive!

I'm with you on all of this, but have to ask - has someone done the math on the bolded park? North Dakota has averaged something like 26-27 wins a year over the last 7 years (NCAA appearance each year and 4 Frozen Fours) - and don't tell me they're all D-I - this is only their second year at all D-I, and are FCS for football, not the FBS (D-IA) you mentioned - and D-III Colorado College has to be pretty close to, with around 22 wins a year and one Frozen Four...

Now, that said, each school does have huge advantages over NMU for hiring coaches (UND being now a D-I school, and generating revenue from an 11,000 seat (nicest hockey rink in the world) "barn," and CC being a private school).

Either way, I'm just curious if the math had been done, and if it was true that NMU was one of the top 2-3 teams in the western conferences for win%, and that documentation was somewhere... If so, that would be pretty impressive.
                    Last edited by moose97; 10-13-2009, 09:45 PM.
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Yes!!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!!

Ahem.

Why would I be calling for Walt's head when he's done nothing to warrant his firing?
                      sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                      streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                      TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                        I'm with you on all of this, but have to ask - has someone done the math on the bolded park? North Dakota has averaged something like 26-27 wins a year over the last 7 years (NCAA appearance each year and 4 Frozen Fours) - and don't tell me they're all D-I - this is only their second year at all D-I, and are FCS for football, not the FBS (D-IA) you mentioned - and D-III Colorado College has to be pretty close to, with around 22 wins a year and one Frozen Four...

Now, that said, each school does have huge advantages over NMU for hiring coaches (UND being now a D-I school, and generating revenue from an 11,000 seat (nicest hockey rink in the world) "barn," and CC being a private school).

Either way, I'm just curious if the math had been done, and if it was true that NMU was one of the top 2-3 teams in the western conferences for win%, and that documentation was somewhere... If so, that would be pretty impressive.
                        Let me finish watching THE UNIVERSE and THE SIMPSONS, and I'll add up the numbers...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                          Ahem.
                          I have not called for his firing this season. But I will if we don't make the NCAA's this year.
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I ran the CCHA numbers at the beginning of last year and NMU actually had the 4th best record among ALL CCHA schools thru Kyle's first six years.

Comment

Yes!!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!!

The lack of playoffs since 1987 must also burn your biscuits as well eh Billy??
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I ran the CCHA numbers at the beginning of last year and NMU actually had the 4th best record among ALL CCHA schools thru Kyle's first six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X