Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Sacred Heart's coaching vacancy have DIII impact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Sacred Heart's coaching vacancy have DIII impact?

This may have implications in DIII. There are some of DIII head coaches who may jumpship to get to their DI dreams. Heenan was one who was never quiet abut his DI aspirations. Same with St. Scholastica's guy. seems like a grea step for a dIII guy....anyone else have anything to add to my allegations?

Re: Will Sacred Heart's coaching vacancy have DIII impact?

I personally think it wont affect the DIII hockey for head coaches. I think that their are a number of DI assistant coaches in the New England area that will put in.

Lou Santini who is currently the long time assistant head coach at Sacred Heart.

Mark Workman who was an assistant at Brown and finalist for the Brown head coaching job. He is currently without a job.

Also I would look and see local division I assistants put in, Ben Syer from QU and CJ Marottolo from Yale.

I could only see this really affecting DIII for an assistant position.

Don't get me wrong I think there will be a handful of DIII head coaches putting in. But you also have to figure that they more than likely will be from New England to get up and move this late.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey247 View Post
      Mark Workman who was an assistant at Brown and finalist for the Brown head coaching job. He is currently without a job.
      Workman took an assistant position with Bobby Mo in the soon to be defunct CHA.

http://www.rmucolonials.com/ViewArti...&Q_SEASON=2009
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by davinchi View Post
        This may have implications in DIII. There are some of DIII head coaches who may jumpship to get to their DI dreams. Heenan was one who was never quiet abut his DI aspirations. Same with St. Scholastica's guy. seems like a grea step for a dIII guy....anyone else have anything to add to my allegations?
        Heenans aborted move to Union, 3-4 years ago may have stained his reputation a little with the DI schools. Plus, he really hasn't shown anything at UC that would make him a hot head coach commodity in DI. Maybe as a assistant.
        John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

Heenan has settled down in Utica with a woman and has no intentions of leaving.

Comment

The way Hannah left, you have to think something happened. I think the lack of an on campus rink hurts his program recruiting wise. Perhaps he was told the school had decided against building a rink. That is a problem with a lot of these Atlantic Schools. Many D3 schools have much better amenities.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
              The way Hannah left, you have to think something happened. I think the lack of an on campus rink hurts his program recruiting wise. Perhaps he was told the school had decided against building a rink. That is a problem with a lot of these Atlantic Schools. Many D3 schools have much better amenities.
              Talk on the DI board is that he left due to personal reasons unrelated to hockey.
              John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
              NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

I believe that a family related issue was a major factor. I wouldn't be surprised if Assistant Coach Lou Santini is tabbed the next Head Coach at Sacred Heart as he has definitely put some time into the program.

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                Talk on the DI board is that he left due to personal reasons unrelated to hockey.

Comment

Working...
                X