Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013, '14, '15 Frozen Four Sites

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    It wasn't all that well attended. It was sold out and because of that was considered well attended: it had I believe the highest capacity of any FF site since the event started selling out.

The Thursday games were a third empty. Since I've attended since 2006, that was the most empty I've seen the Thursday games (though the BC vs UND game in WI wasn't well attended.)

Lets not use the absurd seats sold to determine attendance, its a misleading statistic.

I hope they never go back to StL. Not unless they get a team closer to the city that helps attendance significantly.
    I agree that the building was partially empty, but we have seen that at every frozen four regardless of location for the semifinals. The only time it is every completely full is towards the end of the first games as fans arrive for the second game. It's not a StL thing...it's a frozen four thing in general.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
      I agree that the building was partially empty, but we have seen that at every frozen four regardless of location for the semifinals. The only time it is every completely full is towards the end of the first games as fans arrive for the second game. It's not a StL thing...it's a frozen four thing in general.
      Well StL was also where people couldn't give tickets away and even the championship game had serious attendance issues.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Well StL was also where people couldn't give tickets away and even the championship game had serious attendance issues.
        What are you smoking you toilet violator? St. Louis was fine.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Wrong again.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If you thought there were issues for the Frozen Four, just wait for STL's regionals next year ... better hope UNO gets there - that's gotta be the closest team right?

I'm guessing Green Bay would be the preferred spot for Wisconsin and/or Minnesota.
            St. Norbert College Green Knights
            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            ---
            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I hope Pittsburgh gets to host in 2013 while I'm still living there.
              GO AVS!!!

.\ \
              ..\ \
              ...\ \ _____ GO DU!!!
              ....\_////////)

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                Wrong again.
                Tickets were going for 20 dollars in the lower bowl. I guess you talked to scalpers in St. Louis.

Comment

The final looked like it drew decently on TV... It was an interesting idea, and it's over now...

Let's not do it again.

The worst part was the atmosphere... could barely hear anybody cheering ever due to the half empty stadium.
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    The final looked like it drew decently on TV... It was an interesting idea, and it's over now...

Let's not do it again.

The worst part was the atmosphere... could barely hear anybody cheering ever due to the half empty stadium.
                    You have to admit drawing 37K for a college hockey game is pretty **** cool. It will happen again, I'm sure because the NCAA is a money grubbing bureaucratic monster. Packing them in feeds the monster. It might be 5-7 years down the road but it will happen again.

Anyone know when the 13 and 14 FF sites as well as the 12 regional will be announced? Is it this summer?
                    Last edited by MagnessMan; 04-10-2010, 09:58 PM.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                      You have to admit drawing 37K for a college hockey game is pretty **** cool. It will happen again, I'm sure because the NCAA is a money grubbing bureaucratic monster. Packing them in feeds the monster. It might be 5-7 years down the road but it will happen again.

Anyone know when the 13 and 14 FF sites as well as the 12 regional will be announced? Is it this summer?
                      Yep, I fully expect another Stadium Frozen Four to happen again, and most likely within another 10 years. Too much money making potential for it not to happen.

I will say this though about it. The NCAA should at least make sure that when another one happens again, the big schools have a section that they can sell solely to the Students, so that they all have a cheering section that can reach critical mass for making Noise. Old people don't get up and be rowdy. It looked like a like a few of the Wisconsin fans wanted to do it, but there wasn't a section where they could do it.

If you had the Jersey Shore Boys and few hundred more Wisconsin students backing them, they could have made a hell of a lot more noise in there for the game.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post

Why is it awesome to draw 37k when WI and MI have each had outdoor games that drew much more for a REGULAR SEASON game?

It's not awesome at all to draw 37K when the NCAA was selling ticket packages for $40.

I never want to see this happen again. This was a test run from the eventual NCAA plan to do this on a regular basis: make no mistake. They want to maximize every cent they can from this. They don't care about the fans or the experience. They just want as much money as possible.

Comment

Why is it awesome to draw 37k when WI and MI have each had outdoor games that drew much more for a REGULAR SEASON game?

It's not awesome at all to draw 37K when the NCAA was selling ticket packages for $40.

I never want to see this happen again. This was a test run from the eventual NCAA plan to do this on a regular basis: make no mistake. They want to maximize every cent they can from this. They don't care about the fans or the experience. They just want as much money as possible.
                          A representative from the NCAA was very clear to the Detroit Free Press tonight that there is no plan to make this a regular routine. They said it may be explored in the future, but they do recognize the importance of keeping the quality of all facets of the event to the highest standard. She said “It’s been a great experience for these student-athletes, a once in a lifetime thing for them. NHL buildings have been really good to us the last few years. My guess is we’ll go back to NHL buildings for a while.”

Here is the full article...
                          http://freep.com/article/20100410/SP...ng-in-Detroit-
                          MICHIGAN STATE
                          1966:1986:2007

Comment

It couldn't have been worse than Columbus.

Forget taking a loss - I took nothing. After quickly realizing the futility of the situation, I yelled "free to good home" and left my extras sitting on a bench just outside the entrance to the venue.

on topic: no to stadiums; yes to Pittsburgh
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Yep, I fully expect another Stadium Frozen Four to happen again, and most likely within another 10 years. Too much money making potential for it not to happen.
                              And I would save my money and stay home again, if that were to happen.

One of the few times I completely agree with everything you said.

On Pittsburgh, I'd like them to give it a shot. I wouldn't mind going to Pittsburgh for a frozen 4.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                                If you thought there were issues for the Frozen Four, just wait for STL's regionals next year ... better hope UNO gets there - that's gotta be the closest team right?

I'm guessing Green Bay would be the preferred spot for Wisconsin and/or Minnesota.
                                The Regionals have little to do with location and a lot to do with ticket price. Sell more tickets at lower price or fewer tickets at $80 per? I'm gonna guess you'd get more butts in the seats at $10 per. Look at Ft. Wayne this year - you can get a darn good ticket to the minor league team for $20 from what I've read but the NCAA was charging much more than that for Regionals. Guess what happened? Pretty low attendance.

I would love to see Pittsburgh get it. I'm curious how Tampa's gonna go in '12 though. KC is a pretty fun town and would love to taste LaMar's donuts again. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. And as a native St. Louisan I'm sorry to hear it wasn't a top rate event - they go all out for basketball & wrestling national champs have been there and loved it.

***Edit****
                                And let's be honest - if a school is getting a block of tickets who do you think they're going to sell them to? Students who would make it rowdy & fun or donors that will likely give the school even more $$$? UW's website said FF tickets were open to donors at the $1,000 or above. And you'd be naive to think the best seats didn't go to higher donors. It's all about the $.
                                Last edited by Zuck_Em_Bucky; 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM.
                                Originally posted by Tiggsy
                                I wouldn't hesitate to watch the game if it was shown on Lifetime or QVC, both channels which I may put slighly above [BigTen Network] at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X