2013, '14, '15 Frozen Four Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013, '14, '15 Frozen Four Sites

"Boston and Philadelphia had bids turned down in '05 and could again compete to be hosts. St. Louis, Kansas City, Mo.; and Omaha, Neb.; have also indicated interest in be the host of the Frozen Four."

Please, please tell me other cities are bidding. Boston - good. Philly - sucky, gritty, boring slum. St Louis - fine to spend 3 days in once in your life (sorta like Milwaukee). Pittsburgh - the same limit of interesting things to do as St. Louis. Kansas City - mind numbingly boring. Omaha - comatose inducing boring.

I'm willing to put up with Pittsburgh, despite it being a boring city, to support the local program. Such things are necessary sometimes. However, that has to be the only boring city chosen in this batch. Do some three way combo of Philly, Pitts, Omaha, KC or St. Louis and you'll set the event back 20 years.

So Chicago, Boston, DC again, beg New Orleans to bid on it - I'm in. But for the love of God Almighty, stay out of these $h&* cities.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

according to the rta trip planner site - closest cta is .5 miles ( 8 blocks to a mile in chicago)

Walk 0.5 mile NE from 1801 W MADISON ST to ASHLAND CTA (GREEN/PINK)

and i still wouldn't want to be walking in the neighborhood...

look - i'm not trying to get into anything here- as i said i've lived here for over 20 years - and i've been going to the FF since '93 - i'm just giving my opinion, combined with some facts about the area. the place that i would think most tourists would want to be is a minimum 2.5 miles away from the UC - michigan ave - from the museum campus to the gold coast.

Comment

Originally posted by eddieras View Post
        according to the rta trip planner site - closest cta is .5 miles ( 8 blocks to a mile in chicago)

Walk 0.5 mile NE from 1801 W MADISON ST to ASHLAND CTA (GREEN/PINK)

and i still wouldn't want to be walking in the neighborhood...

look - i'm not trying to get into anything here- as i said i've lived here for over 20 years - and i've been going to the FF since '93 - i'm just giving my opinion, combined with some facts about the area. the place that i would think most tourists would want to be is a minimum 2.5 miles away from the UC - michigan ave - from the museum campus to the gold coast.
        Yeah, but how many people are going to be making that walk along?? Its going to be groups of people all going at the same time. There's safety in numbers, and I'm sure they can have an extra cop or two patroling the area as well.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          There's a Metra station less than a mile away.
          CTA - Blue Line - Medical Center - 0.4 miles away.
          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Yeah, but how many people are going to be making that walk along?? Its going to be groups of people all going at the same time. There's safety in numbers, and I'm sure they can have an extra cop or two patroling the area as well.
            excellent point -

i for one really enjoy arenas with a lot to do nearby... and no transportation needed -- just my opinion -

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              "Boston and Philadelphia had bids turned down in '05 and could again compete to be hosts. St. Louis, Kansas City, Mo.; and Omaha, Neb.; have also indicated interest in be the host of the Frozen Four."

Please, please tell me other cities are bidding. Boston - good. Philly - sucky, gritty, boring slum. St Louis - fine to spend 3 days in once in your life (sorta like Milwaukee). Pittsburgh - the same limit of interesting things to do as St. Louis. Kansas City - mind numbingly boring. Omaha - comatose inducing boring.

I'm willing to put up with Pittsburgh, despite it being a boring city, to support the local program. Such things are necessary sometimes. However, that has to be the only boring city chosen in this batch. Do some three way combo of Philly, Pitts, Omaha, KC or St. Louis and you'll set the event back 20 years.

So Chicago, Boston, DC again, beg New Orleans to bid on it - I'm in. But for the love of God Almighty, stay out of these $h&* cities.
              Omaha "comatose inducing boring?" How much time have you spent there? The Old Market is a short walk from the arena. Plenty of bars, restaurants, etc. They always seem to be able to find enough to do for the crowds at the College World Series. I've been there several times. It's one of the best road trips in the CCHA. There's plenty to do in Downtown Pittsburgh as well, just a couple blocks from the new arena.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Omaha "comatose inducing boring?" How much time have you spent there? The Old Market is a short walk from the arena. Plenty of bars, restaurants, etc. They always seem to be able to find enough to do for the crowds at the College World Series. I've been there several times. It's one of the best road trips in the CCHA. There's plenty to do in Downtown Pittsburgh as well, just a couple blocks from the new arena.
                Speaking at length from a position of extreme ignorance is kind of a pastime of Rover's. It's better if you just ignore what he says.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  What the F are you talking about? Yes I've been to these places and to be kind, they suck azz. Forgive me if I can think of far better places to hold the event. Maybe if your version of excitement is going to a generic restaurant and then hitting a market, then great, but for me - no thanks. Furthermore, there is jack to do in downtown Pittsburgh. I stayed right in the middle of downtown and there's nothing going on. All you see is overweight, ragged people smoking cigarettes and shuffling around with nowhere to go. You sound like one of these people who can't figure out why Cincinnatti is considered such as disaster.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

What the F are you talking about? Yes I've been to these places and to be kind, they suck azz. Forgive me if I can think of far better places to hold the event. Maybe if your version of excitement is going to a generic restaurant and then hitting a market, then great, but for me - no thanks. Furthermore, there is jack to do in downtown Pittsburgh. I stayed right in the middle of downtown and there's nothing going on. All you see is overweight, ragged people smoking cigarettes and shuffling around with nowhere to go. You sound like one of these people who can't figure out why Cincinnatti is considered such as disaster.
                    ..."hitting a market..." nice
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Too funny. This reminds me of the Boise State fans who get ticked off when people rag on their bowl game as an awful destination and they cite the fact that they have an Applebee's in town when people say there's nothing to do there.

Oooooh, bars and restaurants! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Too funny. This reminds me of the Boise State fans who get ticked off when people rag on their bowl game as an awful destination and they cite the fact that they have an Applebee's in town when people say there's nothing to do there.

Oooooh, bars and restaurants! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Amen. I must have missed all those people vacationing in Omaha every year. That must be some Applebee's.

Comment

What the F are you talking about? Yes I've been to these places and to be kind, they suck azz. Forgive me if I can think of far better places to hold the event. Maybe if your version of excitement is going to a generic restaurant and then hitting a market, then great, but for me - no thanks.
                          You have no clue what you are talking about. In addition to the wonderful eateries in downtown Omaha you can always make a visit to Jimmy Joe Bob's Museum of Corn. Talk about hours of excitement...
                          Fighting the good fight

Comment

The Frozen Four offers me a chance to celebrate the end of winter. I don't care where it's played, I'm going to have fun.

But then again, I believe that if you're not having fun you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by mcboozle View Post
                              The Frozen Four offers me a chance to celebrate the end of winter. I don't care where it's played, I'm going to have fun.

But then again, I believe that if you're not having fun you have no one to blame but yourself.
                              Here here!!
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                Here here!!
                                Or "hear, hear," as they say.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X