X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan State 2009-2010

Because I lost my inner monologue

Re: Michigan State 2009-2010

What happened to the other thread? Oh well, i guess it's close enough for the new season thread. I am expecting us to throttle Western Ontario pretty hard as opposed to last year's nail biter. I am confident we will see a much improved and motivated team.

Comment

I thought I was losing "it". (No jokes there chief.... )

Still no word on C's and A's? I don't care who wears them, as long as they take it seriously and work to take the team as far as possible.

Here we go!!!

16 days to Clarkston
      20 days to first game against a team not wearing Green & White
      15 days to scrimmage
      14 days to 1st open practice!

Is that right?
      "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        What happened to the other thread? Oh well, i guess it's close enough for the new season thread. I am expecting us to throttle Western Ontario pretty hard as opposed to last year's nail biter. I am confident we will see a much improved and motivated team.
        Yes - nearly exactly one year later that would be a great way to compare.
        Disappointing last season to see UWO physically outwork us. With a little bulkier and more mature Spartan team this season I'm expecting different results.

Here's what we might see this year (in rev. order of minutes)
        LW -Rowe, Grant, Golembiewski, Merrifield, Shean
        C - Leveille, Sucharski, Warda, Nill, Perlini
        RW - Gazely, Tropp, Walrod, Sprague, Hayes
        W (?) - Chelios, Forfar
        LD - Crandell, Sturges, Johnston, Krug
        RD - Petry, Shelgren, Buttery, Grassi, Josepher
        G - Palmissano, Jarosz, McMahon
        Last edited by owslachief; 09-15-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
          I thought I was losing "it". (No jokes there chief.... )

Still no word on C's and A's? I don't care who wears them, as long as they take it seriously and work to take the team as far as possible.

Here we go!!!

16 days to Clarkston
          20 days to first game against a team not wearing Green & White
          15 days to scrimmage
          14 days to 1st open practice!

Is that right?
          24 days to Clarkston - I misquoted myself.
          Would we be OK with Petry or Sprague as captain?

Edit: Or co-captains?

Comment

I actually have no idea about captains. I have not noticed one specific player on the current squad who is clearly a leader. Hopefully somebody will emerge. Sucharski maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              24 days to Clarkston - I misquoted myself.
              Would we be OK with Petry or Sprague as captain?

Edit: Or co-captains?
              I tell you what... I think that Petry is a quiet volcano.. he was pretty low key last year but I have a feeling that he isn't going to let a season like last happen again. He may not wear a C, (and he may) but I am willing to bet that he is more of a leader this year than last.
              "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

I actually have no idea about captains. I have not noticed one specific player on the current squad who is clearly a leader. Hopefully somebody will emerge. Sucharski maybe?
                I think Sucharski's the only logical choice for captain, to be honest.
                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I'm going to drop a plug to the younger crowd that may frequent this board.

Are you a student? Hockey fan? Plan on seeing hockey at Munn at some point this season? Click this text and join the 2009-2010 student section Facebook group.
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                    I'm going to drop a plug to the younger crowd that may frequent this board.

Are you a student? Hockey fan? Plan on seeing hockey at Munn at some point this season? Click this text and join the 2009-2010 student section Facebook group.
                    You go!
                    Will you make the pitch on RCMB?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      You go!
                      Will you make the pitch on RCMB?
                      My lean is toward "no" right now. The thread will surely turn into a 43-page urination match between two certain posters regarding the merits of a certain college hockey coach and his offensive strategy.

That, or the Glenn Winston apologists will get cranky and start bickering about how miserable it is to have a hockey program at MSU, or some crap like that.

That said, I rarely learn from my mistakes.
                      66 - 86 - 07

Comment

My lean is toward "no" right now. The thread will surely turn into a 43-page urination match between two certain posters regarding the merits of a certain college hockey coach and his offensive strategy.

That, or the Glenn Winston apologists will get cranky and start bickering about how miserable it is to have a hockey program at MSU, or some crap like that.

So the real answer is "eventually" .

Sorry FRC'rs, Ron Mason's not coming back. There will never be his equal.
                        Incidentally, the NCAA"s all-time-winningest hockey coach turns 70 this coming January 13.
                        Last edited by owslachief; 09-15-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I have lurked that site for the last year or so and it's become pretty evident that a certain poster will defend Comley to the end of time and a few others would much rather see this team fail and Comley get ****canned than the team succeed under Comley.

And the whole Winston issue really ****ed me off over there. For many on the board, it was more of the hockey team probably starting trouble, then getting pounded and then lying their asses off to screw over the underserving football players. I badly want the football team to succeed and become successful but if they were to drop off and be very disappointing and the hockey team were to rise back up, there is a small part of me that would feel satisfaction due to that place.

Buuut i'd much rather both teams just be awesome.

Comment

I have lurked that site for the last year or so and it's become pretty evident that a certain poster will defend Comley to the end of time and a few others would much rather see this team fail and Comley get ****canned than the team succeed under Comley.

And the whole Winston issue really ****ed me off over there. For many on the board, it was more of the hockey team probably starting trouble, then getting pounded and then lying their asses off to screw over the underserving football players. I badly want the football team to succeed and become successful but if they were to drop off and be very disappointing and the hockey team were to rise back up, there is a small part of me that would feel satisfaction due to that place.

Buuut i'd much rather both teams just be awesome.
                            The range of sports interest on RCMB is truly breathtaking: Football in the Fall and basketball in the Winter. The bulk of any hockey chatter is then, understandably, anywhere from ambivalent to hostile.

Comment

I don't go there any more. I find that the frustration level is just too much for me, and not just about hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X