• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State 2009-2010

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    Don't know if you Spartan folks saw this
    Thanks for that link.
    "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Don't know if you Spartan folks saw this
      Weeeeeeeell I wonder if it was related to this

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        Weeeeeeeell I wonder if it was related to this
        I'd say Winston has overwhelmingly proved Dantonio wrong about the choice to give him a second chance, if in fact the two situations are related.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
          I'd say Winston has overwhelmingly proved Dantonio wrong about the choice to give him a second chance, if in fact the two situations are related.
          I'm sure if you ventured in here a couple months back you'd know most of us were NEVER in his corner.

Comment

I'm sure if you ventured in here a couple months back you'd know most of us were NEVER in his corner.
            Oh, I know. Just commentating that the decision may officially come back to bite him in the *** now.

Comment

Has it been made clear whether they were the only football players involved, or just the only ones involved with enough priors to warrant immediate removal from the team?

Comment

Oh, I know. Just commentating that the decision may officially come back to bite him in the *** now.
                It could. We could get Urban Meyer in here and it would still be the same, middle-of-the-pack, mediocre program. ****, am I talking football

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                  Has it been made clear whether they were the only football players involved, or just the only ones involved with enough priors to warrant immediate removal from the team?
                  What I heard on the radio today and what I've read vary in terms of the makeup of the mob. As many as 16 persons involved. Radio account says most were football players.

Comment

What I heard on the radio today and what I've read vary in terms of the makeup of the mob. As many as 16 persons involved. Radio account says most were football players.
                    That's really, really unfortunate if true. As it is, the whole scenario is nothing but bad. Add in that many football players participating, and there are major concerns.

Comment

I am glad he has been exposed and dealt with. He deserves nothing from this University. It's hard to imagine what goes on in the mind of a person who receives a second chance that many people would not give him and then blows it all away for the same exact thing that almost ruined his future the first time.

Any player that has been found to have been involved should be gone. Dantonio should know now that anybody willing to do something like this will not learn from mistakes.

AJ Sturges was clearly very disappointed with the decision to reinstate Winston so i wonder what he thinks about all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                        I am glad he has been exposed and dealt with. He deserves nothing from this University. It's hard to imagine what goes on in the mind of a person who receives a second chance that many people would not give him and then blows it all away for the same exact thing that almost ruined his future the first time.

Any player that has been found to have been involved should be gone. Dantonio should know now that anybody willing to do something like this will not learn from mistakes.

AJ Sturges was clearly very disappointed with the decision to reinstate Winston so i wonder what he thinks about all of this.
                        I commend AJ Sturges for his comments earlier in the year when the school and Dantonio allowed Winston back on the team. All too often players in his (AJs) position are "encouraged" to go along to get along, if you know what I mean. I think it actually took some measure of guts on his part to express his real opinion, one that I shared and understood entirely. Here Winston was allowed to play until he got hurt and I believe Sturges has yet to see the ice. What is his status, by the way? Any word on him playing this year, or again, for MSU. Is he able to practice?

Comment

I commend AJ Sturges for his comments earlier in the year when the school and Dantonio allowed Winston back on the team. All too often players in his (AJs) position are "encouraged" to go along to get along, if you know what I mean. I think it actually took some measure of guts on his part to express his real opinion, one that I shared and understood entirely. Here Winston was allowed to play until he got hurt and I believe Sturges has yet to see the ice. What is his status, by the way? Any word on him playing this year, or again, for MSU. Is he able to practice?
                          Sturges is practicing and healthy. Very difficult to imagine him playing until somewhere in December or January. There's an extremely solid group of 7 playing so well right now that I don't see him in uniform unless someone goes down. Never would have expected it to be so beginning the season.
                          Last edited by owslachief; 11-25-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

That's really, really unfortunate if true. As it is, the whole scenario is nothing but bad. Add in that many football players participating, and there are major concerns.
                            Yeah, but remember, this is MSU and Mark Dantonio, not some guy named RichRod losing a game or two, so, you know, it's not like the media is going to make a big deal of it and call for his firing or anything

In all seriousness, if that many players were involved, it will be interesting to see how MD handles it this time. Kicking out Winston, assuming he was involved, was obvious due to his prior. But as for the rest of the gang, MD already set a precedent by allowing Winston back on the field literally fresh out of jail. If 10-15 football players get charged and are found guilty, will he kick them off the team this time or is he going to let them all back the second they are out of jail and hope history doesn't repeat itself yet again? Suspending them for a few games against the likes of Montana State or Florida Atlantic isn't much of a punishment, especially when their suspension is over the following week for a big game against like Notre Dame or Penn State. That makes the punishment look weak. Dantonio kind of set himself up for a bad situation.

I agree with the many that Winston should never have returned, or at least not until Sturgis was able to. I guess I could say I feel the same way about that in hockey in general--i.e. Bertuzzi mugs Moore, one guy's career is over while the other gets to continue playing is not right IMO.

On a lighter note, make sure you pick up one of these for your Sparty friends on Black Friday...

*****http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2509/4132108240_94c3133d33_o.jpg******
                            Last edited by M-HockeyNet; 11-25-2009, 08:55 PM.
                            Michigan Hockey Net
                            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                              In all seriousness, if that many players were involved, it will be interesting to see how MD handles it this time. Kicking out Winston, assuming he was involved, was obvious due to his prior. But as for the rest of the gang, MD already set a precedent by allowing Winston back on the field literally fresh out of jail. If 10-15 football players get charged and are found guilty, will he kick them off the team this time or is he going to let them all back the second they are out of jail and hope history doesn't repeat itself yet again?
                              Again, we know very little because those that can speak officially are very tight-lipped on the incident. As for Dantonio, maybe he's had a "teaching moment". Let's not assume that just because he DID give a couple jerks another chance doesn't mean he won't go zero-tolerance on whomever else is implicated (if any in his charge are implicated). Things need to play out a bit more.

All I know is I have had my fill of the gang mentality of MSU football. I hope MD has had it as well.

Comment

Well i had a dream last night that we were losing some kind of triple team game against Michigan and Miami 6 to 2 to 1 after the first period. Michigan had 6 and we had 1 so hopefully it's not some kind of prophecy for the rest of the year.

Also, does anybody think Jarosz will get a game this weekend? My bet is on saturday.

I also think Wisconsin might be one of the tougher games of the year so far.

Oh also, our scoring has been down the last few games so i think it's imporant that we get back to putting up some pretty good numbers.
                                Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 11-26-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X