Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State 2009-2010

Anybody just get that STATmail?

FCS, it's 3 freaking days until the event. Isn't the horse out of the barn already - invasion-wise?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      Anybody just get that STATmail?

FCS, it's 3 freaking days until the event. Isn't the horse out of the barn already - invasion-wise?
      Ya, and go figure hockey is sandwiched in between basketball and football, with nothing to emphasize that it is a rivalry game.

Do you think Munn will sell out? What will the MSU / scUM percentage be?

I say no, and 65/35.

Comment

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
        Ya, and go figure hockey is sandwiched in between basketball and football, with nothing to emphasize that it is a rivalry game.

Do you think Munn will sell out? What will the MSU / scUM percentage be?

I say no, and 65/35.
        It'll be a sellout, but not because of on-campus or local interest (which is still pretty friggin' anemic right now). Ultimately, if we can't sell out our building, they will for us.

I agree with the 65-35 split.

I think we should brace ourselves for the impending horrendousness of our draw next Thursday against Notre Dame. Way to p*ss away a big-money draw game, MSU athletic department!
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

aallen, I just caught the video of you on ccha.com's "know your rival." Good stuff! lol

I was not very impressed with the play of MSU tonight, but Palmisano was very "Lerg-like." I liked our patience with the puck and deliberate passing, but I think we had some coverage breakdowns in our own zone as well. But good teams overcome things like that.

This was a great 6 point weekend! It was very emotional, but very exciting. Hopefully we keep our legs strong on a short week and show up tough Thursday night. Notre Dame is going to be out for blood after another disappointing weekend.

GO GREEN!
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

I am SO in that video. I swear, this conference loves me.

Palmisano had a career-making night. Enough said. He won us tonight's game.
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
              aallen, I just caught the video of you on ccha.com's "know your rival." Good stuff! lol

I was not very impressed with the play of MSU tonight, but Palmisano was very "Lerg-like." I liked our patience with the puck and deliberate passing, but I think we had some coverage breakdowns in our own zone as well. But good teams overcome things like that.

GO GREEN!
              Turned the puck over ala U-M lastnight, but sometimes you have to have those "games of survival" to be successful in the standings.
              I also don't think we were as crisp. But I loved the way MSU finished. 3 huge chances with a yawning net in last 8 minute stretch, but their goalie came up big to keep it close.

Wow. The guys are really going after it every night. The longer this goes on, the more "8th place" seems, no?

Also, aallenpollreiz, is there any chance to add a wrinkle to the Pal-mi-sa-no chant? Like alternating it with "from ann ar-bor"? (for 2 specific games in January )
              Last edited by owslachief; 11-14-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                It'll be a sellout, but not because of on-campus or local interest (which is still pretty friggin' anemic right now). Ultimately, if we can't sell out our building, they will for us.

I agree with the 65-35 split.
                Aren't you glad you were wrong?

All I saw, besides the usual visitors section, was a smattering of scUM fans throughout the arena. And you have no idea how gratifying it was to see people outside selling tickets. I haven't seen that since 2001, when we had to buy tickets outside to get into the game when Ryan Miller broke the NCAA shutout record.
                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post

All I saw, besides the usual visitors section, was a smattering of scUM fans throughout the arena. And you have no idea how gratifying it was to see people outside selling tickets. I haven't seen that since 2001, when we had to buy tickets outside to get into the game when Ryan Miller broke the NCAA shutout record.
                  I gave my regular ticket to my mother tonight and actually snagged a ticket outside for $15. There were a handful of people actually getting $25 and $30. I have been going to games since I was in my mom's belly in the 1983 season and the energy before, during, and after the game reminded me of the glory years.

I know Thursday things will be back to the way they have been lately...but I really hope there is a change in the culture here. In 2000 we had top football, basketball, and hockey programs. Everyone was happy and everyone was interested in every game. I really believe this attitude is coming back.

"I believe the State of Michigan is a little more green today." - Mark Dantonio

By the way...it was great that Coach Dantonio and Kirk Cousins came out to support the hockey team tonight, after a long day at Purdue.
                  MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

5th largest crowd in Munn history. 7099.

They need to fix that will call problem quickly. What a line!
                    maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post

On the flip-side, the last 30 seconds, swelling to an ungodly crescendo after the final horn sounded, was very un-library-like

Anybody else have chills?

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post

I really cannot believe they do not have a computerized ticket system at Munn yet. That is an absolute joke! The line to the "ticket table" at the Zamboni end was all the way down Chestnut Rd. when I arrived at 6:30.
                        MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          On the flip-side, the last 30 seconds, swelling to an ungodly crescendo after the final horn sounded, was very un-library-like

Anybody else have chills?
                          And the team celebrated like they just won the CCHA Chamionship in the last game of the season.

We ought to have every last drop of our confidence meter filled back up. That was the happiest I've seen an MSU hockey team since I left St. Louis.
                          maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Very.

There was a legitimate line at the student season ticket gate to get into the building tonight. (Now granted, I Facebook messaged everybody in the student section group to get to the arena when the doors opened at 6:00p, but, still, a line!)

Great job keeping the yellow out. No Michigan fans in our student section (thanks for not selling those tickets to the enemy, guys), and few elsewhere.

And aside from a lull in the second, the building was electrified. The goal chant for the second goal was awesome.
                            66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                              I really cannot believe they do not have a computerized ticket system at Munn yet. That is an absolute joke! The line to the "ticket table" at the Zamboni end was all the way down Chestnut Rd. when I arrived at 6:30.
                              I arrived at about 6:50 and that line was doubling back all the way back to the entrance at that point.

But holy crap, we actually swept michigan. Our play the first 2 periods, especially the second, left a bit to be desired but i believe that michigan probably played some of their best hockey of the year so far in that span. I didn't think they looked like a 4-6 team at all out there. The crowd was great and did it feel really weird to anybody else at the very beginning to be in a packed house? I remember how odd it felt when it suddenly wasn't like that and now it feels strange when the place IS full. It was really, really nice.

I think this was a very special weekend for our team, especially the returning players. I think they will remember that stick salute to a still full building for the rest of their lives.

Comment

I think what shocked me the most about the crowd was not the number of people or the lack of scUM, but that a majority of the fans stayed for Shadows.

Also, that Rowe goal made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X