• Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State 2009-2010

The Maine topic still

I thought I was going to have to read about Chris Brown now

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
      Put it this way: if the team that State iced last season shows up this weekend, it'll be a series. If the team that showed up last weekend plays, it's 4 points for MSU. Yeah, Maine really is that bad.
      heh, part of me hopes so because i would love 4 straight wins but i do want this team to be tested a bit early. That said, i think Maine is gonna bring their game.

Buuut somebody's gotta pick up the slack for the CCHA! I think we will be up to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        heh, part of me hopes so because i would love 4 straight wins but i do want this team to be tested a bit early. That said, i think Maine is gonna bring their game.

Buuut somebody's gotta pick up the slack for the CCHA! I think we will be up to the task.
        They've already had one test - last Saturday - and they responded.

The next portion of the exam is how these kids respond to a long trip and playing on the road. One step at a time ...
        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

Thought the Spartan fans would find humor in these comments from Clarkson's Tom Pizzo...(converted d-man playing up front for the first time)

[quote] "It was a little different kind of awareness up there," Pizzo said. "Instead of trying to hit guys, guys were trying to kill you. I liked it though. It gave me a little more perspective in the game.

after being hit by Crandell....
          "That rang my bell," Pizzo said. "I was coming in and I didn't expect to get the pass. You just take your licks and keep going."
          http://watertowndailytimes.com/artic...76/-1//BLOGS04
          Last edited by miker; 10-16-2009, 07:35 AM.
          Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

heh thanks miker
            after the physical pounding this team took last season im sure some of these guys would take this as a compliment, including "bonecrusher" crandell

Comment

Hey guys I don't mean to hijack to your thread but I will be running a live blog this weekend the Alfond starting 6:30 eastern both nights.

Maine Hockey Journal
              Updated 10/15 Michigan State vs. Maine Live Blog — 10/16/09
              USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                Hey guys I don't mean to hijack to your thread but I will be running a live blog this weekend the Alfond starting 6:30 eastern both nights.

Maine Hockey Journal
                Updated 10/15 Michigan State vs. Maine Live Blog — 10/16/09
                Thanks! As I just found out I will be working throught the night this might be a great way to keep track of the game if I can't listen to it.
                "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Hey, do I have the math right, here? Will we have our first 4-0-0 start since 1994 if we down Maine again tonight?
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

st8 looked sharp from our end of rink. 1st star obv. to tropp. 2nd to crandell. hard 2 see how maine wins tonight _ msu looks like a condident bunch just now while maine looks a bit frustrated

Comment

I listened on the radio and it sounded like the only time Maine could get anything really going was on the powerplay. We performed better than i thought we would and now a sweep is expected. Gotta come out strong and stay out of the box
                      Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 10-17-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Sounds like another soild game. I'm happy to see two Spartans (Tropp/Grant) in the top four in D1 scoring, its been awhile. I know it's the beginning of the season, but it's good to see.

Comment

A neat little fact i just checked out: We have as many goals this year(15) after 3 games as we did last year after 8 games. The same 8 game stretch we actually managed to win some games, too.

Comment

A neat little fact i just checked out: We have as many goals this year(15) after 3 games as we did last year after 8 games. The same 8 game stretch we actually managed to win some games, too.
                            And tropp had the same amount of goals last night(3) as he had all of last year
                            Go Green- 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPS - Go White!

Comment

I listened on the radio and it sounded like the only time Maine could get anything really going was on the powerplay. We performed better than i thought we would and now a sweep is expected. Gotta come out strong and stay out of the box
                              I hope we don't turn into Ferris state this season...

But nice job fighting back tonight.

It feels like old times again...being pretty disappointed with a loss, rather than just accepting it.

Comment

maine did better job clogging up centr of ice - msu got a little bit selfish w/ puck.2 many penalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X