T.V Coverage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.V Coverage?

Best way to get t.v coverage of as many d-1 hockey games as possible?
    I live in CT so i dont get any of those local channels

Re: T.V Coverage?

Originally posted by Staples19 View Post
    Best way to get t.v coverage of as many d-1 hockey games as possible?
    I live in CT so i dont get any of those local channels
    Get a Dish and get the Fox Sports package, ESPNU, and The Big 10 Network for sure.

And check this thread out.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85268
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Get a Dish and get the Fox Sports package, ESPNU, and The Big 10 Network for sure.

And check this thread out.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85268
      I agree 100%. I got Dish Network earlier this summer, and while the Fox College Sports channels are great (a decent option if you don't want to switch to Dish or DirecTV - FCS is available from many digital cable providers. Call yours and ask), you can't get the ECAC or Hockey East games (which I'm assuming you'd be more interested, being out in CT) with FCS that you can get with the "Fox Sports" package (which also includes MSN, NESN and Comcast SportsNet New England despite it's nickname - it's actually called the "Regional Sports Package" on Dish, and cost an extra $10 a month or so).

Oh, and in case your wondering, the pro sports will be blacked-out except for those that are deemed to be "in your area." I.E., those you would get on cable or over-the-air anyway, so don't expect to get the regional sports package and watch, say, the Chicago Blackhawks on Comcast SportsNet Chicago, or the Minnesota Wild on Fox Sports Net North with your dish, unless you pay something like $150 a year for the NHL Center Ice package...
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        I agree 100%. I got Dish Network earlier this summer, and while the Fox College Sports channels are great (a decent option if you don't want to switch to Dish or DirecTV - FCS is available from many digital cable providers. Call yours and ask), you can't get the ECAC or Hockey East games (which I'm assuming you'd be more interested, being out in CT) with FCS that you can get with the "Fox Sports" package (which also includes MSN, NESN and Comcast SportsNet New England despite it's nickname - it's actually called the "Regional Sports Package" on Dish, and cost an extra $10 a month or so).

Oh, and in case your wondering, the pro sports will be blacked-out except for those that are deemed to be "in your area." I.E., those you would get on cable or over-the-air anyway, so don't expect to get the regional sports package and watch, say, the Chicago Blackhawks on Comcast SportsNet Chicago, or the Minnesota Wild on Fox Sports Net North with your dish, unless you pay something like $150 a year for the NHL Center Ice package...
        How about the internet? I live in China so Dish Network not on the options list..

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
          How about the internet? I live in China so Dish Network not on the options list..
          Depends on the school, but many programs videostream a majority of their hockey games on a pay-per-view, monthly or annual subscription basis. If your school doesn't carry the game, usually the opponent will videostream the event.

Check your school's Athletic Department Website under "multimedia."

Games that are on television may also be available on websites that videostream television stations.
          Last edited by dggoddard; 09-15-2009, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
            I am pretty sure all of the WCHA teams video stream games on a per game, weekend or annual basis.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Does anyone know who ran this site:

http://www.collegehockeylive.com/

the last couple years, and if it will be updates soon for '09-'10? It's been the top resource for TV schedules, IMHO...

As an example, here's what they had for last year:

http://www.collegehockeylive.com/chl/default.aspx?p=y
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                Depends on the school, but many programs videostream a majority of their hockey games on a pay-per-view, monthly or annual subscription basis. If your school doesn't carry the game, usually the opponent will videostream the event.

Check your school's Athletic Department Website under "multimedia."

Games that are on television may also be available on websites that videostream television stations.
                Thank. I wasn't sure if there was one clearinghouse site that would let me cheat

Comment

Working...
                X