• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2009/2010

Agreed, neverplayed.

Comment

NESCAC fans are now agreeing on agreeing. The new ways of ankle grabbing this bunch is capable of coming up with amaze me. The only thing you guys probably ever disagree on is who's turn it is to bend over. As far as Beaney goes can you guys please stop acting like he is some saint? Its so self aggrandizing that its comical but probably not as funny as it is that you people dont even realize it.
      I'm glad trix waited two years before posting just to finally chime in with some Beaneyslurp. Its so typical.
      Earth to maple syrup base alpha. Beaney is not some rare case. There are a lot of coaches who take an active role in character building and the development of young men. Both of my sons coaches were very positive influences on my boys and there is no doubt they made them better people. this might surprise you but you dont need a sweater vest, tan slacks, a bad haircut, and a $3 pair of loafers to pull that off. You only need to have an interest in playing a positive role and a lot of coaches do. Your savior isn't some exception to that so come off it.

Im sure none of that will sink it so you can now resume your Beaney Christ hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Rogers View Post
        NESCAC fans are now agreeing on agreeing. The new ways of ankle grabbing this bunch is capable of coming up with amaze me. . . .
        I believe that the agreers are all Middlebury fans who prefer not to see Beaney's methods questioned.

Comment

Just putting in my two cents based on my experience with the Midd program and others I've been associated with. Nothing more, nothing less.
          Last edited by trix; 11-10-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
            I believe that the agreers are all Middlebury fans who prefer not to see Beaney's methods questioned.
            Understandably so because if you start doing that and next thing you know the Beanytrons will be throwing you into the lake to see if you float.

thanks, trix

Comment

Another interesting Beaney fact...he is not a fan of the Jr A circuit. In fact 100% of his current roster is from hockey prep school backgrounds. I guess you cant build character or help develop a young man who previously made a decision to skate on the dark side for a year or two before college.

Comment

With all these character and sartorial flaws, it's a miracle on ice that anyone would want to even consider playing for Bill Beaney. It's nine days + few hours before the puck drops on the NESCAC season. Then, thankfully, we can move beyond mindless topics like this and focus on what happens on the ice.

Comment

I predict Beaney wins it all again, he has the best players and he is a very good coach. Amherst will be a big challenge, and I want to see how teams like Trinity, Conn College and Hamilton do this year, I think the young coaches at Hamilton and Trinity are going to make their team factors (Hamilton up after several down years, and Trinity staying as an elite member of the NESCAC standings). Conn, has terrific goaltending. The season should be competitive as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                    Does Midd have a goaltender coming in?
                    Yep - couple of news faces at goalie...in addition to the 2 returning goalies.
                    Middlebury '94

Comment

Originally posted by neverplayed View Post
                      I predict Beaney wins it all again,
                      Last year Midd switched from the Torpedo type system ( Svoboda was the rover ) to a more conventional system, which I did not see enough to comment on. I will say that any Prep or College team that I have seen that has as many freshman as Midd does has growing pains. Amherst shelled Yanchek and dominated the finals last year. They will have to replace a lot of points , veteran D, integrate 8-9 guys into a still new system and a goaltender will have to take the Number 1 spot. . A lot of question marks for such an optimistic prediction. If by "all" you mean Dlll, not a chance. If you mean the NESCAC, maybe, but some of those freshman will have to come up Very big
                      Last edited by doncheery; 11-11-2009, 03:58 PM.
                      "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Comment

Agree, best thing they ever did was scrap the Torpedo. They still play very agressively but they don't give up nearly as many odd man rushes, because in that system you end up with forwards skating backwards and playing D. It's a good offensive system but you must have the right players to execute it on the defensive end. Yes I was talking about NESCAC, playoffs are always tough.

Comment

Just looked at roster and stats...Midd has lost 50 points on D...hard to replace. Amherst lost Landers but might actually be deeper on D....if Anderson plays as well as last year it will be interesting. Watch this kid Hawkrigg from the OPJHL..have heard good things...as well as Brock from Holy Cross up front and Hannon from Army on D ( solid defensively ) .
                          Frankly although I am a big fan of Prep hockey I think Dlll is a bigger adjustment for Prep guys ( on ice anyway ) than for Jr A players.
                          Last edited by doncheery; 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I originally thought that it would be close between Amherst and Middlebury but the unexpected loss of Midd's 2 experienced and productive D-men (in combination with Yanchek's weaknesses) tips the balance more clearly in Amherst's favor.

Comment

Williams was improved last year, if they continue their upward trend they might surprise. Bowdoin if they solve their goaltending will be a contender. Hamilton on the upswing. Trinity..NESCAC champ two years ago with same goalie...Although Amherst might be deeper on D, Landers was deadly on the power play, that might be their challenge to produce on the PP without him. Might be one or two darkhorse teams.
                              As to Yanchek being weak..12-1-1 with a .900. He should be Midd's guy.
                              In the course of checking last years stats.. Svoboda was 2nd in NESCAC D scoring with only Landers ahead of him. As a freshman he was in the top 20 D scorers in Dlll as a Soph he was 16th. . Unless a major disciplinary problem which I have not heard about seems a little extreme. Curious about the reasons Kretchmer"s name not being on roster.
                              Last edited by doncheery; 11-11-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doncheery View Post
                                Williams was improved last year, if they continue their upward trend they might surprise. Bowdoin if they solve their goaltending will be a contender. Hamilton on the upswing. Trinity..NESCAC champ two years ago with same goalie...Although Amherst might be deeper on D, Landers was deadly on the power play, that might be their challenge to produce on the PP without him. Might be one or two darkhorse teams.
                                As to Yanchek being weak..12-1-1 with a .900. He should be Midd's guy.
                                In the course of checking last years stats.. Svoboda was 2nd in NESCAC D scoring with only Landers ahead of him. As a freshman he was in the top 20 D scorers in Dlll as a Soph he was 16th. . Unless a major disciplinary problem which I have not heard about seems a little extreme. Curious about the reasons Kretchmer"s name not being on roster.
                                Trevor Dodds didn't return, either.
                                Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Working...
                                X