X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 83: Hot Toddies and Cool Weather

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Hi winger. Welcome to the board.

It's never a good idea to start college with a bf (if that's what this is in reference to, if not, oh well...I'm still gonna ramble on). I ditched the HS sweetheart before I went away to college. Maybe the long distance thing factored into that. Too many options at college, who wants to be tied down to just one (especially if hundreds of miles away)?
    Thanks!
    And I opted to go the whore route in college. I should consider that again.

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Hi Winger!
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Who is this Winger whom everyone is saying "Hi" to?
    Left over from a very bad hair band.

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Some n00b.
    Can we discuss the Big 10 Hockey league?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Hey lodge. I'm in northern kentucky, just across from cincy. We're on our way to drink, just like we did in college. By the way, being in kentucky is like being in a huge wal-mart.
    I have been to northern kentucky, I can verify this statement as true.

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Hi kids. I'm not getting all caught up here but the interview went very well today and it turns out I may be a wanted man at Sirius because if I don't get the particular job I interviewed for they want to get me in there with a show somehow.
    Hooray!!!!

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Just got an email nobody wants to get. One of the fellow cadets here was working on his car this afternoon/evening, and apparently something happened and he has passed. I didn't know him, but the cadet regiment is sort of one large fraternity, you all have each others back so to speak. Gonna make for a downer weekend and next week, I imagine. Send some prayers to NYC for his friends and family if you can
    That stinks. My thoughts and prayers heading your way.

Man it is really hard to follow this thread if you are not in here often.
    www.karenwingerphotography.com

Comment

Wingahhhhhh!!!

My pants are now off, in your honor.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Happy Anniversary!

West Texas Wolverine: dropthatpuck from UncleRay at 6:31 AM EDT 9/18/07
        dropthatpuck: leswp1 from A Shot and a Goal and West Texas Wolverine at 7:31 AM EDT 9/18/07
        ARM: mattyt02 from West Texas Wolverine and dropthatpuck at 7:55 AM EDT 9/18/07
        ecbrevik: ShirtlessBob from Hux and Nathan at 11:16 AM EDT 9/18/07
        Brian Gentry: ericredaxe from zamboni crash-test dummy and ShirtlessBob at 1:28 PM EDT 9/18/07
        Almington: omahasioux1 assisted by wolverineTrumpet and ARM at 7:15 PM EDT 9/18/07
        ShirtlessBob: ARM assisted by wolverineTrumpet and con1977 at 7:21 PM EDT 9/18/07
        wolverineTrumpet: Almington assisted by ARM and Kelly Ann at 7:51 PM EDT 9/18/07

Just got an email nobody wants to get. One of the fellow cadets here was working on his car this afternoon/evening, and apparently something happened and he has passed. I didn't know him, but the cadet regiment is sort of one large fraternity, you all have each others back so to speak. Gonna make for a downer weekend and next week, I imagine. Send some prayers to NYC for his friends and family if you can
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
        Hi kids. I'm not getting all caught up here but the interview went very well today and it turns out I may be a wanted man at Sirius because if I don't get the particular job I interviewed for they want to get me in there with a show somehow.

Well how 'bout that, eh?
        Awesome news! Best of luck, GLM!

Originally posted by winger View Post
        Hi my name is winger and I am new to the board.
        Hi winger!

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
        I'm not one to usually ask for thoughts/prayers/what-have-you, but my best friend's nephew was born at 28 weeks last night (for those not in the know, human gestation should be about 38 weeks). He's in the NICU and is touch and go. The brother-in-law suffers from severe attacks of MS. Any good thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
        Sending plenty of good thoughts that way!

Evening, Lodge! Boring day at work. I'm still wondering why we need people to demo Snuggle...

And as of today, one month until the Grand Rapids marathon. Got a 16 mile run tomorrow, and a 20 miler next week.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I justwant to point out the irony of scoring points on someone I now have on ignore

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            You guys haven't started a new rep routine have you? I mean... after all, aren't we all at max rep? I still have not recovered from the last one
            No, just doing this in honor of the 2 year anniversary of reaching max rep, considering that I haven't handed out much rep in the last 2 years either, I needed to get back on Ralph's list.

Comment

took the two younger boys to see cloudy with a chance of meatball tonight. not bad.

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I justwant to point out the irony of scoring points on someone I now have on ignore
              les, you ignorant slut.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                The Walmart that I work at just opened two months ago (updated from a non-Super to a Super). One of the largest in the country and the second largest in Michigan. Why Walmart thought we needed the second largest store in Michigan located in Sault Ste. Marie is WAY beyond me. Then again, it IS Walmart.

We do get a lot of Canadians, though. And 99% of them are idiots.
                Up until the day I left Grand Forks I still heard complaints about Target moving...7 years ago. It added a minute of driving time, two if you got caught at the light. They also thought our store was too big. When Wal Mart became a SuperCenter those stopped though. People just like to complain.

FWIW...I've had Ontarians and Albertans apologize on behalf of Canada for the dooshbaggery of Manitobans while at our store. Be happy you don't work for tips...they think 10% is a good tip.

I've wanted to tell people to take their *** to Wal Mart on a daily basis...(no offense)
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  I have no desire anymore to watch D-2 football. I just got the lawn mowed (I didn't do anything last night, either) and came in and flipped on the Clinton game. 21-0 late first. Great *ing league.
                  Eh, I figured as much about the Ferris game.

Clinton 47, BD 14 I'll take it.

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                  I swear to Christ.

What possesses a person to come through an express checkout with SIXTY-FIVE items?

I mean, really. It doesn't even have to be 65. How about 49, or 35? Because that all happened today. And I wanted to kill all of them.

RAWR. My GOD are people stupid.
                  Honestly, people like that should be taken out back, tied up, and shot to wound, left there and then shot again in a week. The only excuse you should have for that is because you're legally blind with a seeing eye dog.

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  She can't. If she does they get irate and ask to speak to a manager...and she gets in trouble.

Apparently someone called the store today saying she lived a ways away and had 5 of our carts in her backyard and wanted us to come get them. After she was told she needed to bring them back herself since we don't have the resources and they are not supposed to leave our parking lot she got mad and demanded we do it. The person that took the call then informed her that the carts were around $400 a piece and she was looking at a felony possesion of stolen property charge if she did not return them...
                  I think I would have said, "Sure! We'll send somebody right on over to pick them up from you." And then called the cops on here for it. She wanted somebody to come pick them up right??

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  We could be shipping stuff out next week for that. IIRC it was something like 1000 line items (as in, each particular product, no matter the quantity, counts as a line item). We've had one of our guys put in about 6 hours a day on it all this week, and we're about 1/2 done.

Edit: and it's not the orders that * me off, it's the fact that each pallet has to be laid out EXACTLY the same, including labels on the shrink wrap on each pallet. And there's usually around 60-80 pallets. Yeah.
                  Oh quit whining that you gotta get off of your forklift.

Thats a bummer dude.

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  I thought I was coming down with a cold, but that was more from me leaving the windows open in the house when it's getting into the high 40's at night than anything else.
                  Yeah, lately the lymph nodes in my neck have been a bit swollen, and sinus have been kinda feeling funny. Could just be some residual thats left in my neck from when the horse about took my head off as well.

Oh, and some more good news. I did catch that cat that bit me Wednesday night this morning and he's going to have a nice ten day stay with the Lenawee County Animal Control.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                    No, we have no idea what you mean. We're all a bunch of imbeciles here. Essplain it to us willya?
                    Shot, you are off the hook in November. My daughter has a season ending softball tournament that weekend. I plan on crashing your house and drinking all of your stock of fine wine next year.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                      Shot, you are off the hook in November. My daughter has a season ending softball tournament that weekend. I plan on crashing your house and drinking all of your stock of fine wine next year.
                      Shot will be heartbroken.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        luck
                        Thanks

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        What he said
                        Thanks

I didn't know that they had maple syrup up in Alaska.
                        I think any maple syrup in Alaska is imported.
                        The Fairbanks Museum referenced is a real nice museum of natural history in St Johnsbury, VT, which was donated to the Town of St. Johnsbury by the family of Thaddeus Fairbanks. (The inventor of the platform scale)

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                        Morning Lodge

Good luck - sounds like fun
                        It was.

My day consisted of seven 25 minute classes, I had one 3rd grade class and the rest were 4th and 5th grade classes. I've done this for several years and I think this was the best group of students that I have ever had. I was amazed with the 3rd graders, maybe I should say with the teacher of the third grade class. I've known her for years (My younger son had her for his 3rd grade teacher many years ago) and we have remained in touch through the years. We visited for a moment before the class started and this one kid started picking up my props. One warning from the teacher not to touch, he promptly picked up something else and was immediately sent to the bus. Believe me the rest of the kids were very attentive.
                        This is always an enjoyable event, tomorrow I get to go back and interact with the public and the best part is I get to sell product.
                        Last edited by vermaple; 09-18-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                          Are you going to still try and make the trip? I was really looking forward to the games. I do love the extension of the softball season though. She pitched a scrimmage game against a sister team that was 2 divisions higher than her team and lost only 9-8.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            How are you feeling?

Comment

Are you going to still try and make the trip? I was really looking forward to the games. I do love the extension of the softball season though. She pitched a scrimmage game against a sister team that was 2 divisions higher than her team and lost only 9-8.
                              How are you feeling?
                              I doubt that I will make the trip. If things work out the way I expect, I will have surgery in mid to late October, with about 6 weeks recuperation time. I see another doctor for a second opinion next Wednesday and will decide what to do after that. I feel a little tired but mostly fine.
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                No, just doing this in honor of the 2 year anniversary of reaching max rep, considering that I haven't handed out much rep in the last 2 years either, I needed to get back on Ralph's list.
                                You're still on the list, as is everyone else.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X