• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 83: Hot Toddies and Cool Weather

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Val's.

Box.
    Somewhere with one location, in st cloud hardly counts. By your logic I would have to go with the state fair french fry booth, but since they are limited availability, I don't mention them.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Somewhere with one location, in st cloud hardly counts. By your logic I would have to go with the state fair french fry booth, but since they are limited availability, I don't mention them.
      Fair enough. For the uninformed, a review of Val's: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/470629

How do you know when to say "je mange des frites" instead of "je mange les frites" I wonder? Well, I'm told "des" means you're eating fries, but "les" means you're eating all the fries in the world. I think on Saturday, I managed les frites.

The fries are also nearly identical in size and composition to McDonald's -- thin cut, cooked to crispiness. They had a good dusting of bright orange Lowry's-type seasoning. Again...a bit better than McDonald's.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        popeye's chicken.
        When I played on Lansdowne St this summer I stopped in to the one in Kenmore. Man, that place is fantastic.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

While it counts for my calorie intake for about a week, and my arteries get clogged for a while, white castle is on my top fast food list. It's only good for about a visit a month TOPS though.

Taco bell is decent, Arby's is always a solid choice.

Five Guys is a must go if in the mid-atlantic area, although they do have outlying places in other regions.

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            When I played on Lansdowne St this summer I stopped in to the one in Kenmore. Man, that place is fantastic.
            Hittin' and stickin' like Popeye's fried chicken!

Ain't no thang......ain't no thaaaaaannnnnnnnggggggg but a chicken wing on a string.

I might cry two tears in a bucket. * it. Let's take it to the stage.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Popeyes is definitely solid. Though when I go to popeyes in the past I brought tdarkness with, as a diplomat. I didn't get shot so I guess it worked out.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                And monster, sucks about your bills. As for my facebook status, that's up to the bf if he wants to change it. I'm not asking him to. He did at least take down where his said "single" about a week ago. The last guy I dated I didn't have anything on facebook because I didn't want it there. Besides, I don't need you learning the bf's name and figuring out where he lives...since it's not too far from you.
                What, it wasn't like I'm going to scare the lad off any. You during hockey season would be enough to do that.

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Chipotle man. God's gift to the burrito.
                A man after my own manufactured heart!

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Wendy's
                Jimmy John's

That's about all I get nowadays...
                Yeah, I do love Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                McDonalds is good for fries and fries only. I still think that they easily have the best french fries around, every thing else sucks ***.

I liked chipotle until I ate at burrito loco. Yeah it is a local twin cities place but the burritos are so much better that chipotle isn't even good anymore. I actually like qdoba better than chipotle also.
                What about McDonald's Breakfest?? I would order that stuff all day if I could.

Nite everybody. I need to stay away from Animals. That is all.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  What about McDonald's Breakfest?? I would order that stuff all day if I could.
                  BK breakfast > McD breakfast
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

BK breakfast > McD breakfast
                    They do a pretty solid breakfest as well. The Eggnormous sandwich. YUM! Not quite a sausage McGriddle, but it holds its own.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      They do a pretty solid breakfest as well. The Eggnormous sandwich. YUM! Not quite a sausage McGriddle, but it holds its own.
                      Bacon > Sausage

You fail at breakfast...

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Bacon > Sausage

You fail at breakfast...
                        seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          I do want to try In-N-Out and Five Guys some time.
                          I'm going to take that totally out of context because I can and, well, that's what we do around here.
                          sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                          streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                          TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                            I'm going to take that totally out of context because I can and, well, that's what we do around here.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

In a few hours, it will have been two years.

Ralph Baer: Foxton from DrDemento and Terrierbyassociation at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07

I'll try to remember to list the anniversaries of each of the charter members of tLodge over the next two weeks.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                In a few hours, it will have been two years.

Ralph Baer: Foxton from DrDemento and Terrierbyassociation at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07

I'll try to remember to list the anniversaries of each of the charter members of tLodge over the next two weeks.
                                Ralph
                                You need something to do
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X