UNH commitments/recruits for 2010 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH commitments/recruits for 2010 and beyond

[QUOTE=Clark-Hislop-Cox;4771610]It sounds like Grayson Downing is committed to play four years of college hockey though it's not yet clear if he will come to UNH this fall or in the fall of 2011:

I guess we'll find out soon enough..

Burke??
    GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSW View Post
      Going to need another top 3 line center….DeSimone and Borisenok are 2……Manz can handle the 4th line…..need another center…who?
      Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
      John Henrion is a possibility.
      Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
      Burke??
      Interesting ideas. Henrion knows something about playing center:
      "Before UNH: Henrion, in 2008-09, was a first-year player with the United States National Team Development Program (NTDP) after playing junior hockey for the Junior Bruins of the EJHL… John played both center and wing for the NTDP accumulating 31 points in 58 games on 19 goals and 12 assists"
      http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...s/John_Henrion

Has Greg Burke had any experience at center? Maybe he could be converted like JvR was.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
        Interesting ideas. Henrion knows something about playing center:
        "Before UNH: Henrion, in 2008-09, was a first-year player with the United States National Team Development Program (NTDP) after playing junior hockey for the Junior Bruins of the EJHL… John played both center and wing for the NTDP accumulating 31 points in 58 games on 19 goals and 12 assists"
        http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...s/John_Henrion

Has Greg Burke had any experience at center? Maybe he could be converted like JvR was.
        JVR had foot speed, Burke doesn’t not have that foot speed which I believe is needed to play the position. I do see Burke as a big contributor but more as a power forward. Henrion same sort of thing, is not the best skater and really has not demonstrated much of a play making ability. Block was suppose to be the player to fill that gap, but I did not see him advance last season even thought he played much of the season. Speelman has many of the tools….speed…has shown some ability to move the puck….no sure of his defensive ability.
        PSW
        watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

The goalie situation seems to be clarified for next season. This article describes the future plans of Cody Campbell, the goalie for the Cedar Rapids Roughriders of the USHL:
          http://www.gazette.com/articles/area...ring-club.html
          With Campbell remaining in the USHL for one more season, UNH will have three goalies in 2010-11 - Matt Digirolamo (Junior), Tyler Scott (Junior) and incoming Freshman, Jeff Wyer:
          http://www.goaltendingconsultantgrou...&content=false
          This is the situation that most concerns me. UNH always finds a way to score goals; can they stop anybody this year? Digirolamo does not instill confidence (granted he played very little last year). Scott . . . yeah . . . so, what's with the Wyer kid? Any good?
          I haven't been on here in a year...
          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

There will definitely be a learning curve there for Digirolamo at the beginning of the year. I would not be surprised to see Tyler Scott get some actual playing time.
            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by PSW View Post
              JVR had foot speed, Burke doesn’t not have that foot speed
              so he.... does have that foot speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                so he.... does have that foot speed?
                I know not directed at me, but I don't think JVR is that fast. He has that lumbering gate where he does move along (faster than it seems) but he isn't a speedster out there.

Watching the Flyers-Bruins series I think what JVR has is hockey IQ just about off the charts. He is always around the puck, always in the right place to have the puck find him. With very good players around him that makes him seem faster.
                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Two sources state that Joey Laleggia will play the 2010-11 season with the Penticton Vees of the British Columbia Hockey League:
                  "Last week, star defenceman Joey Laleggia – who led all BCHL defencemen in scoring as a rookie - confirmed he will be returning to Penticton for one more season before heading to New Hampshire on a scholarship.
                  “We didn‘t anticipate Joey would leave,” said (head coach and general manager) Harbinson. “He had a great year offensively and he‘s going to come back and round out his game.”

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/stories.php?id=260300

"Joey LaLeggia has committed to returning to the Penticton Vees for another season of Junior ‘A’ hockey before heading to New Hampshire. The Burnaby, BC product lead all BCHL defenders in points this season, played for Team Canada West on at the World Junior A Challenge in PEI, and participated at the CJHL Prospects Game; quite a 17-year-old season!"
                  http://pentictonvees.podbean.com/201...otes-april-22/

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    I know not directed at me, but I don't think JVR is that fast. He has that lumbering gate where he does move along (faster than it seems) but he isn't a speedster out there.

Watching the Flyers-Bruins series I think what JVR has is hockey IQ just about off the charts. He is always around the puck, always in the right place to have the puck find him. With very good players around him that makes him seem faster.
                    JVR has wheels....Burke not so much.....listen to the annoucer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0pouXGDEa8
                    PSW
                    watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

I don't see a situation where DiGi is healthy and Scott plays.
                      DiGi will be just fine.

Block will probably play center on the 3rd/4th. On a related note, I really hope Gaudreault plays USHL next year, it seems he is going NAHL. I look to Block - the league's top scoring two years ago, and I don't feel the NAHL is very competitive. (we will see if he is able to pick it up this year).

McCarey wouldn't be a bad center.

Speelman is one of the best back checkers on the team - I hope this continues.

Hardowa could easily play more center in games against larger teams.
                      Opening up playing time for freshmen.

Will they look for a late commit at forward? (David Killip please)

Also, I think DeSimone, Thompson and Sislo would be a great line, but we need to spread out the scoring a little more. We'll see who shows up in September and maybe one of them could jump in.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                        I do think we need to find someone to replace Reid for sure. Anyone have any info on David Killip?
                        Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                        Will they look for a late commit at forward? (David Killip please).
                        Killip was the 11th leading scorer in the British Columbia Hockey League with 32 goals and 42 assists in 60 games. I wasn't able to find anything about college or NHL interest in him, which doesn't make sense given his outstanding season as an 18 year old (he turned 19 on March 31st).
                        http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=435705
                        At 5'10" and 155 pounds, maybe he's a Micflikier or Moses type.
                        According to the Salmon Arms Silverbacks website, David Killip's ambition is to earn a NCAA Division 1 scholarship.
                        Last edited by C-H-C; 05-11-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                          so, what's with the Wyer kid? Any good?
                          Yes.. - And I'm sure there was reason that he was enticed to arrive 1yr ahed of schedule. I'd be surprised if it was to collect splinters.
                          GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Killip was the 11th leading scorer in the British Columbia Hockey League with 32 goals and 42 assists in 60 games. I wasn't able to find anything about college or NHL interest in him, which doesn't make sense given his outstanding season as an 18 year old (he turned 19 on March 31st).
                            http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=435705
                            At 5'10" and 155 pounds, maybe he's a Micflikier or Moses type.
                            According to the Salmon Arms Silverbacks website, David Killip's ambition is to earn a NCAA Division 1 scholarship.
                            Can he pass the entrance exams?
                            GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
                              Yes.. - And I'm sure there was reason that he was enticed to arrive 1yr ahed of schedule. I'd be surprised if it was to collect splinters.
                              Rumor is that the coaching staff thought Campbell could use another year, then possibly take over for 2011. Wyer didnt exactly tear it up this year, I don't think he will see much if any playing time this year. I hope Tyler Scott gets a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicCat View Post
                                Rumor is that the coaching staff thought Campbell could use another year, then possibly take over for 2011. Wyer didnt exactly tear it up this year, I don't think he will see much if any playing time this year. I hope Tyler Scott gets a chance.
                                I've always been of the opinion that Campbell is the future. It would make sense to me if Wyer only got the 2010-11 'invite' once it was decided that Campbell would play another year in the USHL...

I'd think it has to be the Digirolamo show this year - of course, if they can't score it wont matter who is in net...

Would be very disappointed to see Downing defer to 2011 - no Laleggia, Downing or Campbell makes for a pretty bleak 2010 class. INCH's pre-season #9 ranking already seems awfully optimistic...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X