Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sense of urgency

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    The problem with his argument is nothing Umile has achieved has been done recently. UNH's last Hockey East title and FF appearance were 7 years ago. Seems maybe he's plateaued up there in Durham.
    Well, that's not true. You may sniff if you wish, but UNH did win regular season titles three of the last four years, two years ago the team had four All-Americans, and this year there were three. And the team kept their streak of NCAA appearances alive. Perhaps this is a plateau, but it is certainly is a higher one than the vast majority of schools in D1 hockey.

Comment

• Re: Sense of urgency

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
      Well, that's not true. You may sniff if you wish, but UNH did win regular season titles three of the last four years, two years ago the team had four All-Americans, and this year there were three. And the team kept their streak of NCAA appearances alive.
      Hahahahahahhahahaha. Oh Greg, you're a riot.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Re: UNH commitments/recruits for 2010 and beyond

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
        What would be the rationale for letting go of Matt White last summer?
        He apparently was serious about taking the additional courses needed for admission in the fall of 2010, since that's what he eventually accomplished. Did the UNH coaches figure they wouldn't need or have room for a forward of his caliber for the 2010-11 season (that doesn't make sense)? Did they make a hunch that White had peaked and would not improve (which he did given that he became the Player of the Year in the USHL)? Did they have doubts about his ability to maintain his grades once he got into UNH? He's a big fish that apparently got away and I think it's legitimate to ask why.
        I agree that it seems very puzzling and I have a bad feeling that we'll be questioning the decision to let him go a lot more over the next few years. Looking at next year's roster, I am wondering where the goals are going to come from, and White would be a great contributor.
        "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
          I agree that it seems very puzzling and I have a bad feeling that we'll be questioning the decision to let him go a lot more over the next few years...
          If that story on White is true, than it sounds like an awful decision. Not sure why you'd drop a future 1st line forward for a pair of career fourth liners...Pavelski/Block for Dries/White is a helluva trade...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Greg, remember, the regular season title only matters in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              Greg, remember, the regular season title only matters in the WCHA.
              There once was a fan who was proud
              Of his Mildcats, their trophy case? Not well endowed.
              The butt of all the jokes
              When their teams always chokes
              Wait, do we cheer for St. Cloud?
              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 05-02-2010, 07:17 PM. Reason: I had a typo and not one loser pointed it out in 7 hours?
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                There once was a fan who was proud
                Of his Mildcats, their trophy case? No well endowed.
                The butt of all the jokes
                When their teams always chokes
                Wait, do we cheer for St. Cloud?
                Haha.

You know what's crazy? That BC only has national championships in one sport, and UNH has a national championship in one sport as well (arguably two as their women won the defacto title the year before women's hockey became NCAA.)

And yet BC fans seem to be so arrogant when if you look at their teams over the years and they've got no titles in football, basketball, baseball...for how many teams they have the cupboards are really bare.

And you also have that awesome thing where your school claims a title for 1940 even though none of the FOURTEEN polls voted for you. How hilariously take your cousin to prom pathetic is that? Claiming a title that no one gave you?

You even have a banner for that. How positively droll.

Oh wait, some website says you have a title! Good for you. None of the polls but one website tells you guys have a split 1940 title with MN...congrats website champs!

Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

and here i thought this was a college hockey board.

while we are making stupid arguments, lets get all the stupid facts right. BC has won multiple national championships in sailing
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    and here i thought this was a college hockey board.

while we are making stupid arguments, lets get all the stupid facts right. BC has won multiple national championships in sailing
                    Sailing? When did sailing become an NCAA sport?
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

The goalie situation seems to be clarified for next season. This article describes the future plans of Cody Campbell, the goalie for the Cedar Rapids Roughriders of the USHL:
                      http://www.gazette.com/articles/area...ring-club.html
                      With Campbell remaining in the USHL for one more season, UNH will have three goalies in 2010-11 - Matt Digirolamo (Junior), Tyler Scott (Junior) and incoming Freshman, Jeff Wyer:
                      http://www.goaltendingconsultantgrou...&content=false
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        How hilariously take your cousin to prom pathetic is that?
                        It's probably not as hilariously pick up a gap-toothed New Hampshire hillbilly on the internet pathetic, so I'll take it. I'm sure taking your gal to the Sadie Hawkins Dance on the internet was fun!!! Hurray for webcams!!

Comment

Can someone on here who has access to 'The Scouting News' and or the 'Amateur Hockey Report' do me a favor and send me any info you can 'cut and paste' on Mason Jobst.

Mason played on my son's HS team here in Indiana this past season, and he is quickly moving up the prospect ladder as a 94. I know there is info on him at both websites but I don't have access. Thanks to whoever can help!
                          Go Cats!

Comment

It sounds like Grayson Downing is committed to play four years of college hockey though it's not yet clear if he will come to UNH this fall or in the fall of 2011:

Downing was selected by the Kamloops Blazers in the fourth round of the Western Hockey League draft in 2007, but he elected to forgo major junior hockey in favour of the junior A/college route. He's committed to the NCAA Division 1 hockey program at the University of New Hampshire, and he'll take his game south of the border either this fall or in 2011.

"I wanted to get an education in case things didn't work out with hockey right away," Downing explained. "I'm not the biggest guy (listed at 6'0", 170 pounds), so going to college gives me an extra four years to develop and become fully grown mentally, physically and emotionally."

http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_va.../90323627.html
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                              It sounds like Grayson Downing is committed to play four years of college hockey though it's not yet clear if he will come to UNH this fall or in the fall of 2011:

Downing was selected by the Kamloops Blazers in the fourth round of the Western Hockey League draft in 2007, but he elected to forgo major junior hockey in favour of the junior A/college route. He's committed to the NCAA Division 1 hockey program at the University of New Hampshire, and he'll take his game south of the border either this fall or in 2011.

"I wanted to get an education in case things didn't work out with hockey right away," Downing explained. "I'm not the biggest guy (listed at 6'0", 170 pounds), so going to college gives me an extra four years to develop and become fully grown mentally, physically and emotionally."

http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_va.../90323627.html
                              Going to need another top 3 line center….DeSimone and Borisenok are 2……Manz can handle the 4th line…..need another center…who?
                              PSW
                              watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Originally posted by PSW View Post
                                Going to need another top 3 line center….DeSimone and Borisenok are 2……Manz can handle the 4th line…..need another center…who?
                                John Henrion is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X