UNH commitments/recruits for 2010 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH commitments/recruits for 2010 and beyond

hmm. i wonder if BC having observed Fitzgerald and Vecchione were trying to recruit Fitzgerald first.. and then grab the real gem, MA POY (as a jr.) & Tourny MVP, Vecchione..

But I guess we'll never know..
    Remember- C-H-C.. UNH doesn't win against BC and BU, and they can't recruit top end talent, like, Smith, JVR or Bulter or .. USHL, EJHL MVP's & well, you know.. anybody that matters.

When UNH is pulling a Top 5 ranking in 2-3yrs.. we'll all still be complaining..
    Last edited by i'zonprize; 04-02-2010, 05:56 AM.
    GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Jon Gillies, son of Bruce Gillies, and likely to join the USA U17 team as one of the countries' top goalies, committed to Northeastern. Northeastern also got Cam Darcy, another USA U17 tryout kid from Boston chose NU over BC and BU (I had been told was impossible to recruit big names from big schools)
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox
        I wonder what the paid subscription only, scouting publications (the sole source of information for some) said about whether UNH was actively recruiting Jon Gillies or Cam Darcy?
        what publications are those?
        A running tally: Keith Yandle, Ryan Bourque, Cam Reid, Matt White, Joey Laleggia, Mike Vecchione.

Comment

Well.. considering that BC has Muse for another yr w/ Billet coming in, and BU has both Rollheiser(sp?) and Milan for 2 more yrs each.. doesn't make for a strong case that the kids going to get a chance..

NU has perceivably more room than BC, BU and UNH for that matter.

Unless there is a shake up.. I don't see UNH signing another goalie before the '13's are building up and by this time next yr? UNH should be winding down on it's travel restrictions..
          GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Probably didn't hurt having Serino at Malden Catholic, being the ex UNH'er that he is.

Interesting he was at MC (Merrimack College) and now MC (Malden Catholic)

If Fitzgerald plays like his dad, BC has found a superior checker with excellent work ethic.
            AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
              Well.. considering that BC has Muse for another yr w/ Billet coming in, and BU has both Rollheiser(sp?) and Milan for 2 more yrs each.. doesn't make for a strong case that the kids going to get a chance..

NU has perceivably more room than BC, BU and UNH for that matter.

Unless there is a shake up.. I don't see UNH signing another goalie before the '13's are building up and by this time next yr? UNH should be winding down on it's travel restrictions..
              BC definitely has a logjam at goalie with Billett coming in, but Gillies isn't coming until at least 2012, when Billett will be a junior. Both Millan and Rollheiser will be gone from BU at that point and they don't yet have a goaltender committed.
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

That's a good point.. I spoke w/out knowing the expected matriculation date..
                GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

My understanding is UNH is very high on Wyer.

Regardless I am not sure it is wise to question Lassonde, he has had one heck of a run of good-to-great goalies from Conklin-to-Foster in his earlier stent with UNH he was probably part of getting Levy.

Digi - 08-09 to 11-12
                  Wyer - 10-11 to 13-14 (last report accelerating 1 year)
                  Campbell 11-12 to 14-15 (last report delaying 1 year)

That means it is likely UNH wasn't even in on Gillies as they already have a bit of a log jam in net.
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    My understanding is UNH is very high on Wyer.

Regardless I am not sure it is wise to question Lassonde, he has had one heck of a run of good-to-great goalies from Conklin-to-Foster in his earlier stent with UNH he was probably part of getting Levy.

Digi - 08-09 to 11-12
                    Wyer - 10-11 to 13-14 (last report accelerating 1 year)
                    Campbell 11-12 to 14-15 (last report delaying 1 year)

That means it is likely UNH wasn't even in on Gillies as they already have a bit of a log jam in net.
                    more info on Campbell
                    http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1070887
                    PSW
                    watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Originally posted by PSW View Post
                      hmm...no NCAA violations here

Campbell: Umm, first phone call I got from a college, I think it was 14 or 15. It was Colorado College. It was hometown, and I took a visit there. That was my first college visit, was Colorado College.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                        hmm...no NCAA violations here

Campbell: Umm, first phone call I got from a college, I think it was 14 or 15. It was Colorado College. It was hometown, and I took a visit there. That was my first college visit, was Colorado College.
                        ya....I got a laugh out of that to....
                        PSW
                        watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                          Final Central Scouting report rankings are out

UNH recruits
                          Connor Brickley #58
                          Casey Thrush (fell out of first round) #98
                          Grayson Downing (fell out of first round) #144)
                          Nick Sorkin #169

Brickley? A Typo, A Change of heart? ... or trying to stir up some angst in Burlington?
                          Last edited by DaveDan; 04-07-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Isn't it interesting that the nephew of Andy Brickley, a popular, former star of the Boston Bruins, decided not to commit to a college in the "hub of hockey" (e.g., BU or BC)? For UVM's sake, I hope nephew Brickley doesn't follow in the footsteps of another second generation Bruin by jumping to Canadian Major Junior Hockey.
                            He is not his nephew

Comment

Isn't it interesting that the nephew of Andy Brickley, a popular, former star of the Boston Bruins, decided not to commit to a college in the "hub of hockey" (e.g., BU or BC)? For UVM's sake, I hope nephew Brickley doesn't follow in the footsteps of another second generation Bruin by jumping to Canadian Major Junior Hockey.
                              I assume you remember that the former Bruin Brickley was also a former Wildcat...

Quintin Brickley another former Wildcat I believe is also related.

I figured you knew...
                              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Bourque wasn't a star at UNH like Brickley was, which magnifies UNH's failure to land Connor. Best of luck to the younger Brickley as he represents his country at the U18 World Championships.
                                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X