Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goon’s Top 20 pre-season ranking

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    I'm upset MN is lumped in with these common programs.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      if you got to play

harvard
      union
      bron
      toothpaste
      clarkson

you'd be chalking up 10 wins outta the box too

Now you are just making stuff up. Anybody knows we play Brom, but ironically we don't play Anybody.
      Last edited by oceanst41; 09-17-2009, 06:27 AM.
      Cornell University '06

"I've been to football games in Texas when there are 100,000 people and they're not as loud as the people that fit in this rink." - Dave McKee

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        That's a very fair statement. Lowell's season hit their low point during a point where they lost Hutton (as mentioned before) and a guy that was a lot more important to the team than the score sheet indicated for a stretch of 6 games. They lost all six of those games, four by one goal, the other two by two goals (each due to an empty netter). During that stretch, they only gave up 14 goals in those games (not counting the empty netters) ... but just couldn't hit the back of the net themselves.
        So, wait, you're saying that losing your goaltender for those 6 games caused your forwards to not be able to hit the back of the net? You easterners sure have to learn how to make better and more believable excuses.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          So, wait, you're saying that losing your goaltender for those 6 games caused your forwards to not be able to hit the back of the net? You easterners sure have to learn how to make better and more believable excuses.
          Maybe Hutton was the eastern equivalent of STALOCH! and made the offense go. Did you ever think of that, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Um ... what? I stated two facts in my comment. Lowell gave up just 14 goals (outside of empty netters), which means their D and goaltending was OK, but couldn't find a way to score in those 6 games. That's all I said. There's no excuse there.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Um ... what? I stated two facts in my comment. Lowell gave up just 14 goals (outside of empty netters), which means their D and goaltending was OK, but couldn't find a way to score in those 6 games. That's all I said. There's no excuse there.
              Reading comprehension apparently isn't important out west (or @ UVM).

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                I guess not getting into BU, BC or UMASS leaves you guy's all bitter?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  Using periods, commas and punctuation to distinguish one point or thought from another apparently isn't important @ UML.

I mean really saying Hutton was out and UML dropped 6 games by 1 goal (not counting ENG) would suggest that those losses were due to losing your goalie. If that was not what was being said then it is a bunch of pointless rambling.
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                    I guess not getting into BU, BC or UMASS leaves you guy's all bitter?
                    Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Using periods, commas and punctuation to distinguish one point or thought from another apparently isn't important @ UML.
                    Hello Pot...
                    I mean really saying Hutton was out and UML dropped 6 games by 1 goal (not counting ENG) would suggest that those losses were due to losing your goalie. If that was not what was being said then it is a bunch of pointless rambling.
                    Kind of like most of your posts?

Good Lord, can you be more dense?

Notice I had three separate key lines on my post. Follow along...
                    1) Lowell's season hit their low point during a point where they lost Hutton (as mentioned before) and a guy that was a lot more important to the team than the score sheet indicated for a stretch of 6 games.

See that's line 1. That recaps when we hit our low point for the season.

2) They lost all six of those games, four by one goal, the other two by two goals (each due to an empty netter).

Line 2 recaps the results.

3) During that stretch, they only gave up 14 goals in those games (not counting the empty netters) ... but just couldn't hit the back of the net themselves.

Line 3 gives more details. We did well defensively (aka 14 goals), but couldn't score (aka no offense).

I really need to put idiots like you back on ignore.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Re: Goon’s Top 20 pre-season ranking

Hello Pot...

1) Lowell's season hit their low point during a point where they lost Hutton (as mentioned before) and a guy that was a lot more important to the team than the score sheet indicated for a stretch of 6 games.

2) They lost all six of those games, four by one goal, the other two by two goals (each due to an empty netter).

3) During that stretch, they only gave up 14 goals in those games (not counting the empty netters) ... but just couldn't hit the back of the net themselves.

Line 3 gives more details. We did well defensively (aka 14 goals), but couldn't score (aka no offense).

It's midnight here and I type fast with out checking sometimes (possessive etc)...if you guys yes (guys) were so freaking good at grammar etc you wouldn't be going to UML would you? And my post was about him being bitter in general nothing to do with your posts...how's that for reading comprehension?

Comment

Hello Pot...

1.) So what your saying is your a pre-law student and feel the need to put a lot of extraneous information into your statements to make them sound more believable.

Rephrase : We lost 6 games in a row.

2.) Actually its a recap of the goal differential not the results. A recap of the results would be " we went 0-6 -0."

3.) We couldn't score.

Regardless, without using paragraph's or bulleting your points it the original post you have :

We lost Hutton, went 0-6-0 and couldn't score. Sounds an awful lot like losing Hutton was the problem as your points just run together.

I stand by my post.

Comment

I only see one fact here : UML gave up 14 goals. The rest is just opinion, you sure do struggle with "facts"

Comment

I only see one fact here : UML gave up 14 goals. The rest is just opinion, you sure do struggle with "facts"
                            14 goals in six games is actually pretty good, FYI

Comment

1.) So what your saying is your a pre-law student
                              Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                                14 goals in six games is actually pretty good, FYI
                                It would depend on who you are playing. 14 goals against in 6 games against BU....yeah.

Would you say it was pretty good if it was AF or Yale? Providence? Union?

Regardless I didn't say it was bad, merely pointing out that it was the only fact in the statement?

Comment

Working...
                                X