Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2 Clarkson hockey players face sex charges

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Yes, its the polically correct way of saying she wanted it, but mommy and daddy didnt like the fact their little girl is exploring her sexuality, but they will like the chunk of change they get and the satisfaction of ruining three kids lives.
    I missed the part where it was legal. Can you point it out?
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Yes, its the polically correct way of saying she wanted it, but mommy and daddy didnt like the fact their little girl is exploring her sexuality, but they will like the chunk of change they get and the satisfaction of ruining three kids lives.
      you mean one kid, right? the boys did this to themselves.

edit: hell, you could argue nobody got their lives ruined by the parents. Maybe people should man up to their actions. Apparently you can be old enough to have sex but not be responsible for the actions relating to it.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

And I am sure you've never driven above 55, added a few extra dollars in your taxes, or taken that extra ear of corn in the grocery store. Apples and oranges, call it what you may, they are still only misdemeanors for a reason.

Our prisons are over crowded as is, if you want to start putting kids in prison or putting kids through trial because they played a game of spin the bottle then by all means go ahead, job security is always welcomed. I’m sure you waited till you were married too to fool around I sure hope your kids (if you have any) will be home schooled for your own sake. Write or wrong just a little FYI only 15 of the 50 US States state your must be 17 or older to consent. Yes that’s right 35 of our States allow 16 or younger to consent to sex. Canada is actually 14, while some are petitioning to make it 16. This also doesn't take into account the "parental law" that some states use allowing parents to "okay" sexual activity at a younger age then consent.
        Its because of WHO they are that we even know about this. And now with this information it leads me to believe even more the girl probably lied about her age anyways. And don’t give me the “they should’ve known” or “it’s still wrong”. Are kids going to be required to have an age ID tag implanted into their skin so you can scan them like a toy at WalMart? You’re dealing with 3 teenage boys at a summer camp, heck I’ll for further and say these 4 probably weren’t the only ones playing slap and tickle. I guess some of you all still think kids sit around a campfire roasting marshmallows and sipping on their lemonade at summer camps. Welcome to reality folks.

And the sad reality is that these kids will probably lose everything and mommy and daddy will bring home the bank. All because their little angel went to summer camp. I could see if these guys were 24+ years old, but they were barely out of high school. These kids had just turned 18 within 5 months of the alleged date, with the 19 year old having his 19th birthday with in a month of the date. People are making these kids out to be the 50 and 60 year old freaks I deal with every day. Or the ones whose parents buy them an ice cream truck so they can go touch little kids.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The players may only be 18 or 19, but they earned scholarships worth potentially $200,000 apiece (tax free). When someone hands you that much money, they have a right to expect that you will conduct yourself in a classy manner, become leaders on campus, ambassadors to the community and bring positive notoriety to the university.

So far these three players have not lived up to their end of the bargain.
          Last edited by dggoddard; 09-16-2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            The players may only be 18 or 19, but they earned scholarships worth potentially $200,000 apiece (tax free). When someone hands you that much money, they have a right to expect that you will conduct yourself in a classy manner and become leaders on campus, ambassadors to the community and bring positive notoriety to the university.

So far these three players have not lived up to their end of the bargain.
            I agree, and I will have no problem if/when Roll decides that the Clarkson hockey program is better off without them. But that's between Clarkson and the players to decide.

Where I disagree is that these boys should be labeled as sexual offenders for the rest of their lives and if there is ever a civil judgement against them. These are not dangerous perverts - they very well could be jerks, but we shouldn't be using the coercive power of the state to try to regulate behavior that is merely boorish.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

And I am sure you've never driven above 55, added a few extra dollars in your taxes, or taken that extra ear of corn in the grocery store.
              No to the first one and yes to the second two. But then again, if I get caught breaking the speed limit, I get pulled over and ticketed, don't I? Is it OK just because I didn't get caught? Does that make it alright?
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                No to the first one and yes to the second two. But then again, if I get caught breaking the speed limit, I get pulled over and ticketed, don't I? Is it OK just because I didn't get caught? Does that make it alright?
                Everyone once in a while I agree with Red Cloud.

Comment

Based on the news today that the 5 young men who were falsely accused of rape at Hofstra University have been released, maybe we should wait until all the facts are released, before we judge. Just a thought.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...d/Default.aspx
                  GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

And I am sure you've never driven above 55, added a few extra dollars in your taxes, or taken that extra ear of corn in the grocery store. Apples and oranges, call it what you may, they are still only misdemeanors for a reason.

Our prisons are over crowded as is, if you want to start putting kids in prison or putting kids through trial because they played a game of spin the bottle then by all means go ahead, job security is always welcomed. I’m sure you waited till you were married too to fool around I sure hope your kids (if you have any) will be home schooled for your own sake. Write or wrong just a little FYI only 15 of the 50 US States state your must be 17 or older to consent. Yes that’s right 35 of our States allow 16 or younger to consent to sex. Canada is actually 14, while some are petitioning to make it 16. This also doesn't take into account the "parental law" that some states use allowing parents to "okay" sexual activity at a younger age then consent.
                    Its because of WHO they are that we even know about this. And now with this information it leads me to believe even more the girl probably lied about her age anyways. And don’t give me the “they should’ve known” or “it’s still wrong”. Are kids going to be required to have an age ID tag implanted into their skin so you can scan them like a toy at WalMart? You’re dealing with 3 teenage boys at a summer camp, heck I’ll for further and say these 4 probably weren’t the only ones playing slap and tickle. I guess some of you all still think kids sit around a campfire roasting marshmallows and sipping on their lemonade at summer camps. Welcome to reality folks.

And the sad reality is that these kids will probably lose everything and mommy and daddy will bring home the bank. All because their little angel went to summer camp. I could see if these guys were 24+ years old, but they were barely out of high school. These kids had just turned 18 within 5 months of the alleged date, with the 19 year old having his 19th birthday with in a month of the date. People are making these kids out to be the 50 and 60 year old freaks I deal with every day. Or the ones whose parents buy them an ice cream truck so they can go touch little kids.
                    I agree that the age of consent laws are a little outdated in this country, but the purpose is to offer guidelines to teenagers who cannot or choose not to make responsible decisions. This isn't like a 19 year old player having sex with their 16 year old girlfriend, we are talking about mulitple young men and one girl. I don't think any of their parents would say they are OK with what happened. The players knew what was going on was not socially acceptable nor morally right. Now, did the girl lie about her age? It wouldn't suprise me, but you still have to take responsibility for your own actions. If it wasn't what amounts to an orgy, then this wouldn't be as big of a deal. The authorities are obligated to investigate and I would assume the players will be offered a plea for probation and a fine plus further institutional action. And you know what, I'm fine with that, just because you don't agree with the laws doesn't mean you can break them and get away with it. Have I driven over 55 in a 55? yes, but if I go to court and say it happens all the time and I don't see why its a big deal, I'm still going to get a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
                      Based on the news today that the 5 young men who were falsely accused of rape at Hofstra University have been released, maybe we should wait until all the facts are released, before we judge. Just a thought.

This is a message board. We can discuss this issue to any extent we choose.

Clarkson is the one who has a potential lawsuit hanging over their heads from either the girl's family or the players if they were wrongly accused.

But either way, the Hofstra situation is far different than this case. If the players were counselors at a Clarkson camp they are de-facto agents of the university. And as scholarship athletes they are under a far stricter code of conduct umbrella than regular students.

The players could be completely innocent of all charges and accusations by the girl and yet still be kicked out of school if they so much as provided her with alcohol (not saying they gave her anything, just saying what if).
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 09-18-2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        I agree, and I will have no problem if/when Roll decides that the Clarkson hockey program is better off without them. But that's between Clarkson and the players to decide.

Where I disagree is that these boys should be labeled as sexual offenders for the rest of their lives and if there is ever a civil judgement against them. These are not dangerous perverts - they very well could be jerks, but we shouldn't be using the coercive power of the state to try to regulate behavior that is merely boorish.
                        As an aside to my previous post, I want to echo these sentiments. Our country loves to take laws out of context to make examples of individuals, male teenagers esspecially. People should not be registered sex offenders for violations such as public urination or sex with a "consenting" minor. Instead, those who force their will on others through exposure or abuse should be jailed and registered upon their release. These boys did not force their will upon this girl, but they did make a huge error in judgement, reprimand them accordingly, but don't ruin their lives. A sexual deviant does not equal a sexual offender.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post

Gotice, the facts as stated are multiple clarkson student athletes had consentual sex with a 16 year old girl. Other than the sex acts not occuring, is there any more pertinant information that would not make this illegal? I'm just saying the details can only make the issue at hand worse, not better.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            This is a message board. We can discuss this issue to any extent we choose.

Clarkson is the one who has a potential lawsuit hanging over their heads from either the girl's family or the players if they were wrongly accused.

But either way, the Hofstra situation is far different than this case. If the players were counselors at a Clarkson camp they are de-facto agents of the university. And as scholarship athletes they are under a far different code of conduct umbrella than regular students.

The players could be completely innocent of all charges and accusations by the girl and yet still be kicked out of school if they so much as provided her with alcohol (not saying they gave her anything, just saying what if).
                            C'mon DG, you should know better than to slow these guys down with factual information...
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hey Chase, in case you're a glass-half-full kind of guy, you'll be happy to know that you are not required to register as a sex offender for public urination, so that's good. Sex with a minor, not so much.

Like you, I struggle to see a distinction between those two offenses.

I also ASSume that your linking them is NO reflection of your view of women, specifically underage women.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                C'mon DG, you should know better than to slow these guys down with factual information...
                                You're right as usual. I just can't help myself.

Back to the banter.
                                Last edited by dggoddard; 09-18-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X